Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Are bots ruined for EE? Post your news.

So using bot chat commands is now a privilege for the paying players, and I've heard there's possibly drastic changes with some message types.
If you find something that's changed within bot functions, please post it here for the benefit of those still battling on with coding for EE.

EE Changelog:

"add"
- m.GetInt(9) = Blue coin count

"c"
- m.GetInt(2) = Blue coin count

Foreground Layer, Block ID 213: Blue Coin Door
Foreground Layer, Block ID 214: Blue Coin Gate

Credits:
- Processor

Last edited by Tomahawk (Oct 4 2014 7:16:28 am)

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#2 Before February 2015

abrar11

Re: Are bots ruined for EE? Post your news.

There might be a way to do commands with the code box

#3 Before February 2015

Processor

Here are the protocol changes:

Receive:
"add" (User addition message)
- Index 9 = Blue coin count

"c" (Coin collected message)
- Index 2 = Blue coin count

Send:
"c" (Coin collected message)
- Index 2 = Blue coin count

BlockIDs:
- 213: Coin door
- 214: Coin gate

Last edited by Processor (Oct 1 2014 3:11:28 pm)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

abrar11 wrote:

Nope. Entering anything that isn't the code too many times gets you banned.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

All commands will have to go through quickchat or jumping on signs ("help" > shop > item1 | item2 | item3 | exit > purchase made > teleports player to original position)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 Before February 2015

Creature

If you have chat, there's no problem with running bot, but you will have to deal with only few players playing, if you aren't chat, you may run a bot, but you will not have commands working.

This is a false statement.

#7 Before February 2015

TiKen

Or you could send packets through coins (as Processor did) or via movement (if in god mode) using an external interface to write/show text =P

lrussell edit: I did it originally, he just did it better. Plus, I had to tell you about it! D= *anger*

TiKen edit: Wrong, I already had this idea with "m" and we did discussed about it indeed. However, you told me about God mode. Or Squadfs did. I didn't remember you did it with coins though, sorry 'bout that =P

Damn stupid memory... Too old fo' dat

Last edited by tikenalpha (Oct 2 2014 5:10:41 am)

#8 Before February 2015

SmittyW

When I try searching the userid for "bs" (noteblocks) using index 4, I get an error saying that "bs" only contains 4 indexes and it's out of range.

#9 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

oh no did bots get ruined?
nothing of value was lost

#10 Before February 2015

Anch

Different55 wrote:
abrar11 wrote:

Nope. Entering anything that isn't the code too many times gets you banned.

I thought that was pressing "Send" too many times too fast. I tested with this and I think I'm right... but I may be wrong.

#11 Before February 2015

Heyimcool16
Website

NOOOO MY NBOT WONT WORK!!!!

#12 Before February 2015

hiimsomething

well botmakers are basically non-existant without chat and commands are useless. have fun with that and also the coding has been changed slightly

#13 Before February 2015

Froz

Bots won't die because of this update. Expand the form, add some buttons to perform your con.Sends, and boom, all is good for the person running the bot. On the user's side, sure, I can't check my wins with a chat command anymore, but a website/forum topic that lists wins can be created without too much difficulty.

You can also still give bot admin ability to your friends, which are really the only people you'd want to give it to anyway.

Yeah. That's my thoughts. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#14 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

there is still signs... just write out the commands in signs and be innovative. Not hard.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#15 Before February 2015

TiKen

Froz wrote:

Bots won't die because of this update. Expand the form, add some buttons to perform your con.Sends, and boom, all is good for the person running the bot. On the user's side, sure, I can't check my wins with a chat command anymore, but a website/forum topic that lists wins can be created without too much difficulty.

You can also still give bot admin ability to your friends, which are really the only people you'd want to give it to anyway.

Yeah. That's my thoughts. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Or be creative: teleport the user somewhere on a quickchat action (e.g. 'hi' for shop, 'left' for wins, etc etc) and analyse his movement to navigate through a menu for example.

Programming possibility are endless, you are just limited by your imagination... And frankly, chat command were horribly spammy.

#16 Before February 2015

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

tikenalpha wrote:

Programming possibility are endless, you are just limited by your imagination...

Well there's one who gets what bot programming means. <3

The upside of things is that bot worlds will get more interactive now, with people jumping on signs to activate a command, or something along those lines. Chat commands were dull to write at the best of times; dispensing with them is refreshing.

Grats to the first person who allows two non-chat players to communicate using movement and bot-placed signs. ^^

Aside from slightly depressing cycles of posts discussing the downfall of EE (which can be saved for other threads), has anyone else found more server/clientside changes to bot functionalities? I'll start a list up in my first post.

Last edited by Tomahawk (Oct 2 2014 2:23:29 pm)

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#17 Before February 2015

TiKen

Tomahawk wrote:
tikenalpha wrote:

Programming possibility are endless, you are just limited by your imagination...

Well there's one who gets what bot programming means. <3

The upside of things is that bot worlds will get more interactive now, with people jumping on signs to activate a command, or something along those lines. Chat commands were dull to write at the best of times; dispensing with them is refreshing.

Grats to the first person who allows two non-chat players to communicate using movement and bot-placed signs. ^^

Aside from slightly depressing cycles of posts discussing the downfall of EE (which can be saved for other threads), has anyone else found more server/clientside changes to bot functionalities? I'll start a list up in my first post.

Already made it ^^"
Did a turn-based RPG fight with different options: the interface is done with blocks, and you choose one of the four options with up, down, left or right... Sort of. I only coded the attack and was too lazy to do what's left. But it's just a matter motivation XD
And the life bar also uses blocks! so basically, you don't even need signs =P

Last edited by tikenalpha (Oct 2 2014 3:21:18 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Of course, if everyone likes your method
"Already made it"
Won't keep everyone from doing the exact same thing.

Tomahawk1423758749202683

Board footer