Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

[Idea] Implementing Yo to bots

Yo is a zero character messenger for mobile in which if I were to Yo you you would get the notification
Title: Yo
Description: From DIESISTFINN

There is a simple API in which you just HTTP/SEND and it sends this message to everyone who has subscribed (To subscribe you have to Yo the bot account) or just one person (if you want)

When the bot turns on everyone will get a notification from ex. YOSCROLL, FLDWURM, EXSHIFT or GMCROWN.
Everything is here
Really easy to use and I see it being a great use for the app.

Last edited by Metatron (Aug 4 2014 4:51:12 pm)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#2 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Re: [Idea] Implementing Yo to bots

Metatron wrote:

Yo is a zero character messenger for mobile in which if I were to Yo you you would get the notification

There is a simple API in which you just HTTP/SEND and it sends this message to everyone who has subscribed (To subscribe you have to Yo the bot account) or just one person (if you want)

When the bot turns on everyone will get a notification from ex. YOSCROLL, FLDWURM, EXSHIFT or GMCROWN.
Everything is here

This would be extremely useful. Especially if it Yo'd you if a level was starting and the rounds take a long time so that you wouldn't have to wait at your computer (I don't take credit for this sentence).

#3 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Hexagon wrote:
Metatron wrote:

Everything is here

This would be extremely useful. Especially if it Yo'd you if a level was starting and the rounds take a long time so that you wouldn't have to wait at your computer (I don't take credit for this sentence).

The documentation for C# is terrible so I made a small example

using System.Text; using System.Net; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Collections.Specialized; using System;   namespace Yo {     public partial class Form1 : Form     {         public Form1()         {             InitializeComponent();         }           private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)         {             using (var wb = new WebClient())             {                 var data = new NameValueCollection();                 data["api_token"] = "<get your own API key>";                   var response = wb.UploadValues("http://api.justyo.co/yoall/", "POST", data);             }         }     } }

People send a yo to your account to be added to the list so the API key links to a database of all subscribers and to leave the list the user just slides the button to the left and taps delete

Last edited by Metatron (Jan 7 2015 4:29:44 pm)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 Before February 2015

Hexagon

I was able to be Yo'd without inputting an api key (and just telling someone my username). Has the API changed, or is the API key the username?

#5 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Hexagon wrote:

I was able to be Yo'd without inputting an api key (and just telling someone my username). Has the API changed, or is the API key the username?

My key looks like '2202a70c-a907-2b3a-a61b-79481a######' (where # is a character)

I am a beta tester so the key may be different for you

Last edited by Metatron (Jan 7 2015 4:33:28 pm)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Sorry, I just found out that there is a &username= for the post data (to send a message to a specific user); the API key now makes sense (since it has to be yours and I don't have to enter one).

Last edited by Hexagon (Jan 7 2015 4:44:43 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

(Originally you had to make a new account to use the API so I have diesistfinn but can't use it as a normal account)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Koya1423759253202179

Board footer