Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

[Question] Making a bot respawn when it dies

So when a bot is killed by /kill or hazard it just sits there - what is need to make the bot act as normal.

Does it include sending kill (or tele) and if it does how would the checkpoint be known?

Last edited by Metatron (Jan 7 2015 4:05:31 pm)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#2 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Re: [Question] Making a bot respawn when it dies

That's odd, it should operate like a regular player. Is it a possibility that it is still there, at the hazard site, but it has respawned in another location?

#3 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Hexagon wrote:

That's odd, it should operate like a regular player. Is it a possibility that it is still there, at the hazard site, but it has respawned in another location?

Every time my bot has died, it explodes then remains in the same place and is affected by gravity, the username is visible but the smiley is not.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 Before February 2015

Hexagon

I've just tested this, and I'm able to reproduce the behaviour that you are experiencing. Unfortunately I'm not sure what command a "regular" client would receive or send to PlayerIO to make it respawn.

#5 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

I think the "tele" message, that is sent when someone dies as well as resets, etc., sends a X and Y coordinate, too. So if all else fails you can just collect that message when your bot dies, then send a movement packet to that coordinate that way it actually goes there.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Hexagon wrote:

I've just tested this, and I'm able to reproduce the behaviour that you are experiencing. Unfortunately I'm not sure what command a "regular" client would receive or send to PlayerIO to make it respawn.

You can always check with WPE Pro.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Allow me to contribute more guesstimation

Doesn't the client send a "death" packet on its own accord? (That keeps it from registering with other checkpoints, since it's its own boss...)

So perhaps keep track of reasons as to why you would die...?

#8 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

hummerz5 wrote:

Allow me to contribute more guesstimation

Doesn't the client send a "death" packet on its own accord? (That keeps it from registering with other checkpoints, since it's its own boss...)

So perhaps keep track of reasons as to why you would die...?

I did mention this in the OP, I just don't know what to put in the message as to teleporting to the checkpoint - if a client is able to remember it, I should be able to grab it for a bot.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#9 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Bots don't register death messages, along with crown messages and cake.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#10 Before February 2015

ewoke

try looking it up in ee flash source, iirc there was a "touch" and "death" message for touching the spawnpoint, but i can be mistaken

if you can read this....good for you

#11 Before February 2015

Processor

Uh, you seem to be on the right track, imma clear up a few confusions here.

The death animation is played when the physics engine sees that a player touches a spike, no messages are sent. (there are sometimes "fake" deaths that you see when someone else is laggy)
There is a "kill" message that is sent from the server to display the death animation as well. This is only triggered when the owner uses the /kill command.
(@ewoke: "touch" is for transferring curse potions, and is totaly unrelated. It is a send-only message, the server responds by taking away the potion from one player and giving it to another)

Once a player dies, its client sends a "death" message, which causes the player to respawn after a while. This is a send-only message as well and the response will be a teleport message (see below).

You would have to send a "death" message in order to respawn as a bot. Responding to /kill is easy, but a physics library would be required in order to properly respawn when the bot touches a spike in game. (Take a look at EEPhysics by cap9)

Checkpoints are handled serverside. Once a player touches a checkpoint, it sends a "checkpoint" (no-response) message. Now, whenever a player dies or gets respawned using /respawnall, it respawns to that location by the server.

About the teleport messages:
There are two respawn messages, "tele" and "teleport".
"teleport" can only contain one user's location, and because it makes sense, whenever you use /teleport this message is received by the clients.
"tele" on the other hand is received whenever multiple players get teleported, when you do /reset, /loadlevel, /respawnall or send "clear".

Even though it would make more sense for deaths to use "teleport", a "tele" message is received instead. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue (I guess that's because spikes were released before /teleport?)

Last edited by Processor (Jan 9 2015 12:42:50 pm)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#12 Before February 2015

ewoke

ah yes it was the potions sorry

if you can read this....good for you

Koya1423759274202158

Board footer