Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Using PlayerIO dedicated server instances for blocks

Hello,

Recently I have been looking into ways to increase the throughput of commands to the PlayerIO server. While I can add multiple accounts to a room, it does bloat it a bit, and is not the best way about going around things.

This forum post https://gamesnet.yahoo.net/forum/viewto … =4&t=34381 explains that servers can be "bought" from PlayerIO. Has anyone thought about this? How expensive are they?

Last edited by Hexagon (Jan 14 2015 4:04:28 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Zumza

Re: Using PlayerIO dedicated server instances for blocks

When somebody dosent want to make the fee public it means one thing:
The price is made on user budget and a possible negotiation.
However i don't believe it will work for other games but what you made.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#3 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

The block place speed is an artificially imposed limit, so even having your own Player.IO clustered game wouldn't make a difference. Chris only added those limits because bots began to lag the game. You should see some old EE videos, some of which basically instantly change map sections.

#4 Before February 2015

Hexagon

lrussell wrote:

The block place speed is an artificially imposed limit

Atilla was able to get a block-write-time of 8ms http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=31242 using a server in San Diego, and wrote many more blocks than their home connection. I think that block speed is partially related with the location, as the fastest that I can write blocks is only 50ms before blocks do not show up on the map sometimes.

EDIT: it still may be artificially imposed, but it appears that up to 8ms per block placement is still pretty fast for most uses.

Last edited by Hexagon (Jan 14 2015 4:08:33 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

I can get mine to 5ms but if i connect multiple bots i can only do 20ms without my computer freaking out

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#6 Before February 2015

Zumza

at 5 ms i got a 30% lost //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
but if i place them on a list... its more convenient than 10ms, 15ms or something
even at 18ms sometimes i get 1 or 3 package lost.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#7 Before February 2015

ewoke

sending on a server with around 800 up and down speed used to work for me at 5ms with one bot, but last few updates ruined it.

if you can read this....good for you

#8 Before February 2015

Hexagon

ewoke wrote:

sending on a server with around 800 up and down speed used to work for me at 5ms with one bot, but last few updates ruined it.

After a bit of testing, I can manage about 8ms, but all of a sudden it refuses to send commands (completely stuck), even if I delay for a few seconds in between. Strange.

Hexagon1423759329202103

Board footer