Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MageBomb

How to make a good Boss level.

Hey guys, thought to give you some tips how to make a good boss level.
I don't want to show off, but I'm pretty good at bossing and my boss levels are very succecful. (Even though lately I didn't made some)
PLEASE NOTICE THOSE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS.

Let's begin:

Title - Before you start even beggining the level, do a normal title that reflect your level. For example if you have minigames in your level - write "Boss and minigames",
Don't write anything you don't mean to. I see alot of levels that they call themself bosses but they are just stupid minigames.

Code - put good code you'll remember incase you get disconnected.(you should also open a new tab and make a backup smiley god) Also, if you plan on giving the code, do it in the end of the boss/level. Make sure no one sees the code but you and the smiley you want him to see the code.

The level itself:

The level itself should start with the BOSS. Since it's a BOSS level.
you should make a nice design for your level and write next to the boss arena "Boss" if you have another things in your level besides it.
If you want to - you can make a lobby with chairs, rollercoasters etc.
The Arena:
- Make sure the arena is big enough for your minigames/plans, but not too big so People cannot see where you are or the whole arena.   You should both see the arena if you are standing in the middle.

- There should be nice entrace (recommend for sides) to the arena. Not something complicated, just like any other boss levels.

- The arena itself should be able to split exactly into half if you want to make team vs team games.

- Of course, there should be simple exit that return you to the entrace of the boss/lobby when people fall. Also, an exit where you lead the winner to his prizes. (Make sure he can also return to the arena if he wants to)

Bossing:
- First, it is recommended for you to choose safe brick and danger brick (You can write in the level itself if you want that), people don't like when you don't know what the boss will delete or what not. Don't do stupid things and just let them fall.

- Make sure you don't repeat your "attacks" everytime. Those are becoming boring after a while. Ideas isn't a problem as you can see other bosses levels and minigames.

- Don't make people wait for too long, if there are still many people in the arena, do harder challenges or just lead them to the prize. Another idea is to do near the arena some minigames that people can play while they are waiting the boss to open again.

- Be fast and agressive, but not too much. What I mean by that, don't push too hard, give them some time to complete any challenge, just not too much.

After bossing:
- Repeat!

- If you want to be afk/brb, there should be a challenge in the arena with keys that leads to crown/etc, this will save some time and make people busy until you return.

- If you don't boss for any longer write "Closed" so people will know your are off and will go away or do any other things in your level.

===========================

Well that's my tips, hope it will help some.
If you have any tips to add, feel free to say so.
And yes, I know my english sucks.

#2 Before February 2015

SuperZant

Re: How to make a good Boss level.

This is good information.

Many a time have I seen a terrible boss level.

#3 Before February 2015

Ciro

Thanks for the tips. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

This should be stickied. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#5 Before February 2015

Snackfast

Someone was a boss, the person kept knocking everyone off

#6 Before February 2015

Kaichi

Good Tips,You Can Also make A Fake Code So Know One Ruins your Level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#7 Before February 2015

Sykodeus

Everyone knows that.

I mean, seems obvious to most common people. Those who create bad bosses won't change a thing anyway. They just do that because they have seen bosses were popular, so basically they write "boss" in the title.

I also don't think a tutorial to make a boss is not that useful considering it's overdone. Instead of taking time to write this, you could have thought about a new concept.

Just yesterday i saw this new concept : slot machines. You get in the machine where there are key blocks everywhere, the god presses a random key, your goal is to stay in it as long as possible. And i also feel like this is gonna be overdone.

#8 Before February 2015

SOD57O1

Thanks for the tips.
They will help me with awesome boss levels!
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smilehttps://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL:D:lol:

#9 Before February 2015

shake it up

MageBomb wrote:

you should also open a new tab and make a backup smiley god

why do you need one if its a saved level and its yours and i use clients you make

Last edited by shake it up (Sep 8 2010 8:49:02 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Draken09

An idea of mine (that I hope won't be spammed) level mazes, or minigame mazes. It's really just a maze of minigame rooms.

#11 Before February 2015

Rurigok

That's basically what they did in Ex Crew's Cube level Draken.

#12 Before February 2015

icefiremadness

Thanks for this useful information!

#13 Before February 2015

Advancé

Ok good rules, but don't say "BOSS TO CODE" in your title or something like that if you don't give code. The best time to do boss to code is when you have beta. Use your saved world for it, and if they start to troll or build things you don't want them to build, just change the code, but please do not do fake codes, people work really hard on bosses for code.

#14 Before February 2015

Burnett

Coins?You need to add a minigames section to the boss level.But if you want you can create a cafe too.If you want to make a cafe write me a pm.I can help for cafe creation.

#15 Before February 2015

musuki

Something which really annoys me when there are 2 people left (A and B). Boss makes a challenge. A tries the challenge first and loses. B automatically wins. This is unfair, as all you have to do is wait for the other player to try and if he fails you've won by doing nothing. If A fails, don't reward B until he has completed the challenge.

MageBomb 1423759598201834

Board footer