Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Gral

Automatic keydoors

So I have seen worlds in which key doors switch automatically. Later I found a place where a smiley just keeps looping, pressing the keys.

So uh.. In order for my world to function properly, I will need to always have another tab open with a smiley spinning around? Is it really the only way?

#2 Before February 2015

Calicara

Re: Automatic keydoors

If you want an automatic key, then yes it is the only way. Either that or have a friend make a clone, and do it. If you try to trap a player and have them do it they might leave. Otherwise the keys will only activate when another player touches them.

#3 Before February 2015

Fer22f

Yes. It's ONLY way. The game don't need keys when have animation... I prefer animations, no keys animations!

#4 Before February 2015

Gral

Well, that sucks.. I would leave it for the night without much trouble, but sometimes I get disconnected randomly, and that would ruin the world for every player

Eh... How hard can it be to program automatic doors that open and close after a time given by the user? They should start adding practical stuff like that instead of emoticons or GLASS :/ There are barely any interactive objects, and too many solid blocks

Secondary Question: if I don't have Beta, I have to be online to allow people to play in my world, yes?

Last edited by Gral (Mar 1 2011 8:34:42 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

MIHB

No, there is a way to set up a key door activator such that a player (not the owner) can enter, and one player and ONLY one player at a time can be inside.   We (EX Crew) made one for a map we're making, but we never have time to build anymore.

Easy method, if you're willing to ditch use of one of the keyblocks, is seal the entrance with an inverse red, then have the player constantly triggering red keys once inside.   One player gets in, nobody else gets in.

Its possible, but harder, to set it up so that all three keys are usable.

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWoLteQVdRa0I will show you the basic structure you need.   Note that you CANNOT use it so that the smiley is stopped by a block after triggering a key, as this will allow other smileys to get in.   The smiley must keep moving and triggering the blocking keys, so the activator will have to be a very long loop.

Edit:   There used to be a glitch where if a keyblock was activated when a player entered, it would not be activated for that player.   If that glitch is still around, the method I mentioned will not work.   Only way to do it would be to have each color alternately act to block the door, then make sure the player can't reach the door from the start within 6 seconds.

Last edited by MIHB (Mar 1 2011 10:56:14 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You could press the key you want while WPE is watching, grab that packet and have WPE send it every x milliseconds.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Gral 1423760944200488

Board footer