Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 Re: Game Discussion » Why Everybody Edits is dying, and how to "bring it back to life." » Today 21:17:43

272 wrote:

the people working on it aren't getting paid

They do, actually. Not much (some get less, some get more, but they are paid)

272 wrote:

and the servers are probably costing more than what Everybody Edits is making.

Current ee plan has some nice discounts for servers costs (i don't know the details but iirc it is connected that Everybody Edits was created as a way for Chris (original creator) to demonstrate PlayerIO in action)
And with Patreon money EE staff have money. I would suggest looking deeper in spendings xenonetix provided in his "security" thread, you might find some curious stuff

272 wrote:

The way the game is now, it won't survive, it wont progress, and it wont escape its' inevitable death.

That is true, but people have been saying it for over 4 years now. so /shrug

272 wrote:

Even if Everybody Edits Universe finally came out, if it stuck to the original game's design

Who told you that? The idea of EEU was to start fresh with the basic idea of EE, but branch out in a different way.

272 wrote:

In this instance, the most similar game I can think of to Everybody Edits is Super Mario Maker(1 & 2).

I really Love SMM1 (and judging by the trailer, 2 will be even more awesome), but they are not very similar in terms of gameplay.
The only similarity they have is level creation for other people, that's it. The gameplay is different, no multiplayer (it is the essential part of ee), limited levels, No Timeless levels, and many more..

Hidden text
272 wrote:

TDLR: If I was to attempt to revive Everybody Edits, I would probably end up remaking/re-coding the game from the ground up, adding the possibility of new game modes to play with, redo the game's graphics, add more animations, and then finally, I would make the game available on more platforms, like steam, and google play. However, by that point, it would no longer be the Everybody Edits that we know.

Yeah, they do exactly that. EEU is not a copy of EE made in a different language
it's a proper remake with it's own code which isn't taken from current EE.

Graphics will be 24x24 and most of them will be redone

Making game available on more platforms is hard, You must pay fees and run support for every single platform. EE is just not that large even to think about it.


TDLR: I agree that EE needs to change, but most of the things you point out and suggest are probably impossible considering the small size of EE as a game, small non-professional team (compared to Nintendo employees), and don't even get me started on the owner //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink . Also, as much as i love SMM, i wouldn't like EE to become a copy of it with multiplayer.


From my point of view, EE should be remade from the start and sticking to it's formula. Everybody should have access to every block, There shouldn't be Single player mode, people should play together. If you want to create shop, make it accessories only (smileys and ****). No reward-giving campaigns. You shouldn't reward players for playing the game, you should reward them for being creative and creating good levels. So if you want to create campaigns - reward the amazing creator, not the player. Player should have fun playing good level and trying to improve their building skills. And many moreeee things...
but i should stop writing this all already

#2 Re: Game Suggestions » Exchangeable currency » 2019-02-17 14:30:45

Anatoly wrote:

We meed an economy in EE

Who are "we" and why we need it

#3 Re: Game Suggestions » Exchangeable currency » 2019-02-17 10:04:48

why? Can you give me arguments that support your idea?

#4 Re: Bug Reports » Pressing Space/Jump in Mid-air Randomly Slows You Down » 2019-02-17 05:51:12

I am 99% sure those are lag spikes.

Movement is not controlled by your internet connection/speed. Movement is fully client-sided. There is no way to execute jump code while you are not on ground.
The only reasonable explanation is lag spikes.

#5 Re: Game Suggestions » /ban and /unban for worlds. » 2019-02-16 12:29:18

Growler wrote:

EE staff won't even add that feature though.

why not, i wanted to make a system like that

/kick - just kicks the player
/ban /unban - bans person while the room is active (person will be unbanned after world reset)

i forgot to add it before i quit

#6 Re: Game Suggestions » make the V's from completed cmapaings worlds bigger » 2019-02-15 14:55:11

Oh I finally understand what he is talking about

The "check" mark on completed worlds should stand out more,  because in some levels (like shown in the green world example) it's really hard to tell if that check is even there. I agree

#11 Re: Off-Topic Discussion » Question - Answer - So you understand me » 2019-02-08 16:13:03

Why are you making a new thread in a completely unrelated subforum each time you want to tell people that you're not a joke and then proceed to immediately lock it? Don't you think that by doing that you are just contributing to the problem and in no way solving it?

If you have not enough time to proofread your posts then why not post them when you have enough free time for proofreading and laying your thoughts out in a more understandable way? I noticed you are one of the most active users on forums these days, surely you could find some time to proofread your posts, which will help you with "not being a joke"?

If your posts are hard to understand simply because you write them quickly and on the go then why did you say you're doing it intentionally when TaskManager asked you to stop using alien syntax in the spoiler suggestion thread?
Don't you understand that people know that "i am doing it intentionally" is just an excuse?

Why are you locking your threads each and every time something goes wrong?

Don't you think that people make fun of you for reasons, and not just because they are evil?
How would saying "I am not a joke, don't make fun of me" solve the issue if you don't change something people dislike in you?

Do you think that Peace is somebody deserved to be bullied? If yes, why? If no, why do you tell him the same things people tell you? Are you trying to get some higher status by bulling others?

examples

I genuinely want to know.

#12 Re: Forum Discussion » Colored BBCode Editor » 2019-02-07 09:42:43

TaskManager wrote:

why though

so it would be easier to distinguish different bbcodes. This is not a bad suggestion, i would like that

#14 Re: Game Suggestions » For EEU: Uploading your own blocks » 2019-02-06 05:26:35

People invented texture packs.

We can go minecraft way of having texture packs both in game settings and as a custom "world texture pack" which is loaded right when you join the world.

#15 Re: Game Discussion » When's the next hunt coming? » 2019-02-06 05:24:28

There were 2 hunts after that June quote from Xenonetix (August and December). I guess they are more focused on EEU than making another hunt.

#16 Re: Forum Discussion » Suggestion: [spoiler=[color=red]Warning![/color] LARGE]...[/spoiler] » 2019-02-03 08:52:31

Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

you could just say "allow bbcode in spoiler names" instead of using your alien syntax again

No, I definitely couldn't. This removes the fun to decode my message.

You have to understand that suggestions must be straight to the point, otherwise people will just ignore it. It's a suggestion, not a riddle game

#17 Re: Bug Reports » my RTT is way to high » 2019-02-01 20:48:11

It's not a bug with everybody edits. It's your internet speed

#19 Re: Game Business » Bouncy Animal Antics » 2019-01-29 10:05:16

HI can i be unbanned already?

#21 Re: Forum Discussion » how big can an spoiler title be aperently there is no limit » 2019-01-27 16:47:56

Why should it have a limit?
There is no limit for the amount of text you can put in your post, so why limiting title specifically?

#23 Re: Game Discussion » 24x24 was a bad choice » 2019-01-27 14:38:37

Border doesn't cut off the sides of the block, border is an extension of the block. It is applied on the texture to give the block some depth.

24 is evenly divisible by: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24, so it's a great choice. In fact, it was chosen because of this fact.

Edit:
Also, applying your logic to 16x16 blocks, if you cut off the borders, you would get 14x14

and 14 is divisible only by 1, 2, 7, 14. oh no!! where are 4 and 3??

#24 Re: Game Business » Hi, I'm Cercul1 » 2019-01-26 04:40:22

cercul1 wrote:

It's normal for a company to not hire someone due to a lack of professionalism and if they're constantly causing drama.

I smell the xenonetix here
I think you should get perspective from all sides on this issue, preferably from phina and I

#25 Re: Game Suggestions » EEU Suggestion - Make the Shop look like this again. » 2019-01-26 04:20:39

Tomahawk wrote:

Pls stay on topic.

"No" is not a constructive response to a suggestion.

So it begins

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1550788497.5134 - Generated in 0.197 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.62 MiB (Peak: 2.65 MiB) ]