Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 31 [Day 1] » Today 12:05:41

I think too many people here are judging people based on how they played in the past rather on how they are playing currently. That's a mistake guys, do not have this mindset.
As you guys said, Anatoly and Peace are pretty obvious when it comes to mafia, so I don't think lynching them DAY 1 is the best of ideas. Lynches are precious, being rash will cost us the game, so please: let's communicate and be organized about things.

ShadowsEdge is not the most suspicious person in my eyes, he defended himself stupidly sure, but does that really make him a mafia? We can't tell for sure right now. He is a good asset in the game and should be kept alive, unless general consensus decides that he is mafia and there's no going back.

To me, Andymakeer is Mafia:

Andymakeer wrote:

TLDR by far for the voted ones:

ShadowsEdge took the voting personally.
Peace is being the usual Peace.
Anatoly is common lynch in every mafia LOL.

He didn't really post anything, and when he did it wasn't very helpful nor did he try to express his own opinions whatsoever. He doesn't post regularely yet he is active enough to read all the posts. I'd recommend town to lynch for him.

!vote AndyMakeer

#2 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 31 [Day 1] » Yesterday 21:16:28

Friendly reminder that there are 15 players and not 1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 31 [Day 1] » Yesterday 13:11:41

My reads so far:

Norwegianboy: Too aggressive to be Mafia



Luka: Sherlock Holmes stance, so far Town-leaning



Shadowsedge: Weird behavior, Especially in this post:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Like I said, I already know I'm gonna be lynched, since you and Norwegian won't listen to reason. I told you my syntax of that statement holds no value, it's just a way that I thought of it when I said it.

They were just pressuring you? You don't really make any sense so far.



2B TNG: No comment



Crybaby: Tries to gain early Townie points, just like he did in the past 2 Mafia games (1 which he was mafia).



Peace: Annoying

#5 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 31 [Day 1] » Yesterday 13:01:54

How about we set up some simple rules?

Disagreeing with the rules or failing to respect them will inevitably make you a high suspect.


1. Do not push for a tie at the last second

2. Do not role-claim unless you are cornered

3. Do not join bandwagons blindlessly without posting a strong argument against the lynched player





I think this will make things easier, and if all the town respects those rules, it will definitely help in the future.

#7 Forum Discussion » Tomahawk, Stop locking topics. » 2019-09-18 21:26:44

Kira
Replies: 14

H4RuQ47HRgS1fXBLXJeXPA.png

Apart from the really spammy ones that can be moved to graveyard, I don't see the reason to lock most of the topics. You have power, there is no need to be using it when it doesn't have to be used.

#8 Re: Game Discussion » Can we get updated statistics on where the Patreon money is going? » 2019-09-18 00:13:00

Schlog wrote:

****

I **** **** agree that **** **** **** **** however, we **** need **** to **** do ****.

I **** don't **** agree **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** with this **** **** **** **** **** **** mentality, that's for sure. We hope for a **** **** **** **** and a better tomorrow, that's **** **** EEU is **** all about **** ****

#9 Re: Off Topic Discussion » Neat IRL effect » 2019-09-14 21:30:50

peace wrote:

no ffs i mean the light in the toilet

Is this you?

#11 Re: Game Discussion » Can we get updated statistics on where the Patreon money is going? » 2019-09-12 23:25:08

(To people who don't get it, all of this is a meme and is meant in good fun, read it with a grain of salt //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

#12 Re: Game Discussion » Can we get updated statistics on where the Patreon money is going? » 2019-09-12 23:04:12

Luka504 wrote:
Boba wrote:
Kira wrote:
Charlie59876EE wrote:

but use your brain for once.

Don't talk to me like that, random.

First of all, you're the one who's going to use your 20 iq left in your child brain.
Do you know what Gamescom is? Right, you don't.
Do you honestly expect Everybody Edits Universe to compete with all newest games that are a quintillion times more popular than EE? You probably do, and I wouldn't be surprised.

Second of all, if you truly think that Gamescom is going to bring players to EEU, you're a complete fool. They will set up a booth, peaking the interests of a few but most of the public will be thinking "Did they really pay to set up a booth with this **** game?" Because let's face it. EE is good, but first impressions this game looks like absolute trash, and if you want a booth to be popular,  you're gonna need to have insane first impression which is not going to happen.

Third of all, the current budget they have is no where close to get Everybody Edits popular or even bring any player, because ads advertisement cost an insane amount of money that won't really get you any new players. Keep in mind that not only they have to pay for the server costs, they also have to pay everything that comes along with marketing a game.
-It costs about $50,000 to market an indie game.
-Branding takes about 2 weeks to complete, it will cost you about $7,000 to do yourself, or about that to outsource.
-A trailer takes about 1 week to produce, costs you about $4,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
-A website takes about 2 weeks to complete, costs you about $7,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
-Social media takes the full 3 months to complete, costs you about $11,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
-A devblog takes the full 3 months to complete, costs you about $9,000 to do yourself, and possibly less to outsource.
-PR takes the full 3 months to complete, costs about $9,000 to do yourself, and about that to outsource.

Next time you come at me with "But use your brain for once", give me facts and counter arguments, because you just look like a plebian now

social media and devblogs you can do for absolutely free, also dont randomly attack this dude? please?

Your summary kinda... doesn't reflect what the article is saying, and a lot of what the article is saying is "here's what your time is worth on average multiplied by the time it'll take you" but, like... Here's the thing. If you make a trailer yourself, or make the devlog yourself, or make the website yourself, or do all the social media stuff yourself, it doesn't "literally" cost you anything but time. The only thing that has any real bearings on Actual Human Dollars™ is the outsourcing predictions.

The problem with what I've long come to dub Time As Indie Dollars is that this all assumes a lot about the returns you'll be seeing on this. Market rate values mean absolutely nothing. Allow me to explain:
So your game finally comes out. It took you three years to make, including designing, planning, multiple failed prototypes and all those fun things that come from indie games. You release your game on Steam for an example price of $20. Over the next 6 months, 20,000 people buy your game.
Whoa! You just made $280,000 in six months! Except you kinda didn't. You made $280,000 in 3.5 years. So let's make a few more assumptions. Let's assume that on this game, you only worked for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. You take Sundays off so you can watch Twin Peaks in your underwear. That's roughly 1095 days of working, or 8760 hours. All of a sudden, all that work is starting to add up.
So you have your $280,000 (before taxes) but your sales have started to peter out. But let's break down those sales figures into how much you actually made. Not your theoretical market rate because nobody is paying you your salary but yourself. Well all of a sudden that $89 hourly value you "should" be making drops down to $32 because that's what you actually made. It's nothing to sneeze at, but it's literally a third of what this article is putting forth.
Here's the other problem. This article is seemingly obsessed with salaries, but the thing about salaries is that you actually, well, get paid your salary. When you're an indie dev, it's actually entirely possible to make a game and not get paid at all. When you're an indie dev, your salary is what you have made selling your game minus expenses. No more, no less.
So your $185,638 salary suddenly becomes $80,000. Definitely liveable, unless you live in high expense place like Silicon Valley (don't live in the Bay Area unless you need to or you were born there and can't afford to leave, it's a bad time), but nowhere near the salary this article is pointing out.
So now we get into the real meat of things. We get into questions like "Okay, so how much did that trailer really cost me?" Well, here's the thing. Unless you were getting paid from a previously released game, it probably cost you, well, time. Not money, but time. That trailer you spent a week on (a good trailer will take more than a week) probably actually cost you the cost of an Adobe subscription for all their apps, since you don't want to deal with the time lost learning poorly documented free software alternatives. So we'll put that at $40. You subscribe for a month for Premiere and After Effects because you want to really make that trailer pop. So in terms of actual expenses, your trailer more cost you $40 to make. It also probably sucks because editing a good trailer is really difficult but that's not the point here.
What that trailer did do, however, was contribute to your overall marketing, as does PR, as does branding, as does the devlog, as does, well, everything else. The only reason your "salary" is as high as it is is because you got the game into the eyes of people willing to part ways with their $20 to play the electronic beep boop game. The only reason you made that "salary" of $80,000 a year is because of this work.
And here's the real trick of it. The number I pulled out of my behind at the beginning there? That 20,000 at $20? That's being super generous. I mostly picked those numbers because they'd cover the cost of living expenses (admittedly very late) for the three years you'd have to have worked on the game. In reality, most devs don't make anywhere near that much. A lot of indie devs have to work two, three jobs just to make do while they work on their games. It's why a lot of games go without ever being released. When you use the word "salary," there are certain expectations there. There's the expectation of a clearly indicated wage. There's the expectation that you'll get to buy food that week.

The real takeaway is that these things aren't costing you actual money, just time. And if it wasn't for that time invested, you wouldn't make any money aside from the pennies you'd get from somehow showing up in the Steam discovery queue. Your salary is also, unless you make pretty successful games with a decent degree of consistency, never as high as the article points out. The article is 100% pie in the sky thinking in its optimism. In reality, things are never that simple and clear cut.

It's an exact copy-paste from the article's summary headings.

I get where you're coming from, though. You're right that as a hobbyist (as I think most people here are) time is fairly cost free. But when you depend on the income to keep a roof over your head, you need to make these kinds of comparative decisions. Do you spend the hour adding a feature to your game, or spend it on marketing efforts instead and ship without that feature? Or spend it on a freelancing gig so you can pay your bills?

#13 Re: Game Discussion » Can we get updated statistics on where the Patreon money is going? » 2019-09-12 22:45:10

Charlie59876EE wrote:

but use your brain for once.

Don't talk to me like that, random.

First of all, you're the one who's going to use your 20 iq left in your child brain.
Do you know what Gamescom is? Right, you don't.
Do you honestly expect Everybody Edits Universe to compete with all newest games that are a quintillion times more popular than EE? You probably do, and I wouldn't be surprised.

Second of all, if you truly think that Gamescom is going to bring players to EEU, you're a complete fool. They will set up a booth, peaking the interests of a few but most of the public will be thinking "Did they really pay to set up a booth with this **** game?" Because let's face it. EE is good, but first impressions this game looks like absolute trash, and if you want a booth to be popular,  you're gonna need to have insane first impression which is not going to happen.

Third of all, the current budget they have is no where close to get Everybody Edits popular or even bring any player, because ads advertisement cost an insane amount of money that won't really get you any new players. Keep in mind that not only they have to pay for the server costs, they also have to pay everything that comes along with marketing a game.
-It costs about $50,000 to market an indie game.
-Branding takes about 2 weeks to complete, it will cost you about $7,000 to do yourself, or about that to outsource.
-A trailer takes about 1 week to produce, costs you about $4,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
-A website takes about 2 weeks to complete, costs you about $7,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
-Social media takes the full 3 months to complete, costs you about $11,000 to do yourself, and maybe less to outsource.
-A devblog takes the full 3 months to complete, costs you about $9,000 to do yourself, and possibly less to outsource.
-PR takes the full 3 months to complete, costs about $9,000 to do yourself, and about that to outsource.

Next time you come at me with "But use your brain for once", give me facts and counter arguments, because you just look like a plebian now

#14 Re: Off Topic Discussion » 9/11 today... » 2019-09-12 21:13:32

peace wrote:

i fully agree wiht YU
what fi you were a person on the 86th (coret me if im wrong) floor and an plane flied right in th ebuilding and its on fire and the only way to survivle is to jump out of a building that is coutnless meteres high knowing there is only like ~0.000001% to not be dead

can you <snip - rude>








The only reason why 9/11 is more commemorated than others is because it was in the US, simply.

Do we ever talk about these?

JsIoSBE2RfKcXRNkQ-bVwg.png

Roughly. After seeing these tragedies on the news, no one gives a flying **** about them. But when a terrorist attack happens in France, USA or all those stuck up rich countries, then It's the end of the world. This world needs some serious fixing, humanely.

#15 Re: Game Business » EE Universe Closed Beta Information! » 2019-09-12 20:09:33

peace wrote:

i thnk they need diffrent codes ofr everyone if like ~1-2K players opted in thats ~1-2K diffent codes and emials one mistake and they **** up which coudl cause an little breeeach comign up

yeh ti takes al ong time too sned codes to everoyone hoenstly i woulndt be surpsuieded if it acutayll delysa Closed btea guses we will hvae to **** wait ands ee

#16 Re: Game Discussion » Can we get updated statistics on where the Patreon money is going? » 2019-09-12 20:05:15

Related to this topic: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=45563

Xenonetix's answer to the topic:

It's clear that Xenonetix does not intend to provide any information according to this. Furthermore, most of the patreon money is going to be used for:

9BToHVi.png

Which honestly seems like a completely stupid idea in my honest opinion. It's clear to see that EE's company is not swimming in funds yet, the owner wants to use most likely the totality of the Patreon funds for an event that will last a week. Very smart.





Don't waste your time, you won't get anything.

#17 Re: Game Discussion » How many people are actually excited for EEU? » 2019-09-12 16:24:28

Boba wrote:
peace wrote:

me a little bit hyped
*sees this topic*

me: HOLY % #$^^@%[email protected]#[email protected]^%^@#%@% *alomst dies*

its not much we don’t already know tho, it’s just “closed beta is coming soon!!!”

<snip - inappropriate>

#18 Game Discussion » EEU Closed Beta TEASER (Patreon exclusive video Release) » 2019-09-12 15:10:30

Kira
Replies: 1

I paid my own money to get this patreon exclusive video, showcasing EEU closed beta in all Its shapes and forms. If you don't want to spoil yourself, then don't open the spoiler. If you want to see it, please proceed.






<snip - inappropriate>

#21 Re: Game Business » EE Universe Closed Beta Information! » 2019-09-09 22:37:17

Bimps wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Cool.

We need TOOP to come back for a couple days to design an EEU logo. This one was made with Microsoft WordArt.

And the graphics in general. It looks straight out a 2008 flash game, and I'm not just trying to be an ****

No Problem. Using https://flamingtext.com/logo/Design-Graffiti-Burn we can easily fix that issue together, with a bit of patience.

Let's take a close look, you and I, at the possibilities of this wonderful tool:

HdJW9BUGSlG1ny-VGKNRKg.png

Kaboom. A wonderful new logo, fixing all your issues.

#22 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 30 Signups » 2019-09-09 22:01:13

TaskManager wrote:
Kira wrote:
peace wrote:

update on the game kirby?

No change here sir, You're still blacklisted.

Yeah Kira we get it you're good at blacklisting people

I blacklisted my dog Voltaire and he didn't play the game at all. Your point is invalid

#23 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 30 Signups » 2019-09-09 20:11:38

peace wrote:

update on the game kirby?

No change here sir, You're still blacklisted.

#24 Re: Forum Games » Mafia 30 Signups » 2019-09-08 18:59:39

Anatoly wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

bro its taking ages id rather actually play a game than banter about all the exploits that make it difficult to play and wait for some of them to be fixed

Sign up to mafiascum. I’m playing games there right now.

Thank you, we can read.

#25 Re: Off Topic Discussion » A Daily Dose of Positivity. » 2019-09-04 21:03:27

"Don't cry because you lost a key, smile because you now have three" - A genius

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1569154260.5677 - Generated in 0.131 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.56 MiB (Peak: 1.82 MiB) ]