Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Creative » Literally no one asked for this » 2023-11-14 00:04:03

i would like to apologize for my last post and to anyone who i may have hurt in the last post. it was mean of me and i am sorry.

#2 Re: Game Discussion » Everybody edits is not being developed by anybody » 2023-09-20 14:54:59

N1KF wrote:

For anybody who forgot or is unaware of what lead us to this point, reread the five moderator replies in the Why the EE development is communicated poorly, and how it hurts us. thread (from post #9 to post #38). Even now I was a bit shocked reading back through it. You might not like the solution they took, but I'm guessing it's working the best for them.

frostflare wrote:

after taking the time to read through this thread. to me personally, the op's opinion post? is just that. his opinion. anyone wants to agree or disagree with it? that's honestly their choice. but they really should have foreseen these types of threads of being a thing. and will only continue to be a thing, until the game is finally released. and that's because of their choice to go radio silent with any news regarding game progress and updates with the community.


but you know. instead of staff rolling their eyes and calling the guy toxic. they should have instead just linked them this thread.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47883

but hey, i suppose that would require actually engaging with the community to relay that information. so i guess that is out of the question.

Whether or not somebody's lying isn't up to opinion. You can call it an opinion, but it's an accusation. If you accuse somebody poorly, expect to be called out or ignored.

I think Tomahawk's just on the Forum Staff, not representing the development team (which don't usually overlap). I assumed that announcement was easy to find, but yeah, one of us probably should have linked to it at least.

After taking a few days as I was trying to decide whether or not I should even respond to this. What I feel what I am about to say next needs to be said.

To be honest? I still stand by my previous statement. Because whether or not you feel it's wrong. The op is entitled to their opinion. But I said it once and I will say it again. Staff really should have foreseen these types of threads being a thing. And will probably only continue to be a thing even after the game is release since, Kira turn it into a meme.

But since you say, If you accuse somebody poorly, expect to be called out or ignored. I guess I will just leave it with these words below.

Don't get me wrong. I know first hand what it's liked to be stalked, receive sexual harassment, and death threats. But only I think the situation I went through in compared to theirs was a bit more extreme. As I was told by the people in charge,  they weren't going to help me. Grow a thicker skin, avoid engaging with them, learn to ignore them.  While they expected me to just shut up and stop talking about it as they tried to frame his insane behavior as my responsibility to do better.

I know some will be surprise I went through all that as they wonder Why I'm not being more sympathetic towards Lunarys's situation as to what they're currently going through. If I'm going to be brutally honest. After what happen with my Sailor Moon thread, where I intended that to be an early birthday present for a certain someone I know. As I was harassed and openly accuse by this community of trying to flame Luanary over this image of all things.

Hidden text

Many who couldn't read assumed my intent. Many made baseless accusations without backing their claims that I had made that thread to attack Lunarys. While the same people didn't take into consideration that not everything is about them. My self and the rest of the internet are not part of their tiny ecco chamber! And what is personally offensive to you? May not apply to the rest of the world.

And despite the lies and slander people made about me as they honestly believed that, that thread was some jab against her. As I was even told to chill out more then once as I was trying to defend myself against them. As the people who were involved only revel in their hollow victory as they thought they shut me down. And even after the truth came out  in Jan of this year, people double down. Didn't want to believe it. As many still hold on to their opinions that I did all of this to flame her as not a single person even came to be and apologize for what they did. As certain people instead decided to make excuses for their behavior to cover their own horrible actions, as I was expected to do better on my part. So no, if it wasn't already obvious base on what I did with part 3 of my cringe fic thread. I just don't care anymore. I don't have any sympathy left to give in this regards. And you have no one but yourselves to blame.

#3 Re: Game Discussion » Everybody edits is not being developed by anybody » 2023-09-16 21:21:18

MartenM wrote:

Just to put this very bluntly, I find this statement kind of funny. What would you propose would happen if the deadline wouldn't be reached?

Even though I can't answer for Zumza. But for me if the deadline wasn't reach? I would hope that we all just duke it out in some place like, Smash Online, and be grateful that no one has to smell anyone. But knowing this community? You would probably have people raging and sending hate as they complain about how things weren't done by a certain date.

#4 Re: Game Discussion » Everybody edits is not being developed by anybody » 2023-09-15 23:42:19

N1KF wrote:
rat wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Whenever I see one of these threads my eyes roll so hard I can check out my own brain. This kind of toxic negativity towards staff is partly why EE had so many owners. Congrats, you’re part of the problem.

In any case, I’m pretty sure they’d announce it if they abandoned development. There might be a post somewhere stating that.

the poor man is just wondering what happened
not toxic at all. u can’t just call everyone toxic lmao, grow up

The original post states it's an opinion, but the rest of the OP doubles down on accusing Satanya of lying. There are no hints of wondering, just somebody's take.

Want a thread about wondering? Wonder about the dev's team history, the estimates of progress they've given, the numerous comments of the game's details, and how it compares to similar games with similar developments. There's so much you could do, and the least creative thing you could do is another basic observation of the progress we aren't seeing.

(edited for correction: OP accuses the owner, not the dev team of lying.)

just like with a lot of my posts here on these forums. i guess it's time for another one of my unpopular takes.

after taking the time to read through this thread. to me personally, the op's opinion post? is just that. his opinion. anyone wants to agree or disagree with it? that's honestly their choice. but they really should have foreseen these types of threads of being a thing. and will only continue to be a thing, until the game is finally released. and that's because of their choice to go radio silent with any news regarding game progress and updates with the community.


but you know. instead of staff rolling their eyes and calling the guy toxic. they should have instead just linked them this thread.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47883

but hey, i suppose that would require actually engaging with the community to relay that information. so i guess that is out of the question.

#5 Off Topic Discussion » when people can't differentiate fantasy from reality in a video game » 2023-06-25 05:32:34

frostflare
Replies: 0

sorry, i didn't know what else to title this thread

someone had asked me a few years ago if i were still going to share that one story on the forums. or if i changed my mind. truth is? with everything going on, i just forgot. but to make it up to you, i'm doing it right now. ^.^

ok, back about a decade ago, my friend vox wanted to check out the mmo i used to play religiously. (same game i had mention in the q&a part of the sailor moon rant thread, where my account went under wrongful scrutiny for cheating.) so i had told him i would accompany him and aid him with what ever he needs help with. and he agree to it since i was a max level and it meant we got to hang out.

well knowing how... 'off' half of the community was there, to avoid having the deal with them. i created a private group and invited him to join. but i kept going to private rooms just to be able to show him around the game. all was fine at first for the first hour, until vox made a slight error and ran ahead of me and ended up getting teleported onto anew map before i could warn him. in a panic, i went to that room he landed in, in the hopes it was empty. but there was a few users there. i figured, i would just wait for vox to get out of the cutscene. but an issue arose when vox's avatar spawn in front of them. and if i knew what was going to happen next? i would have just waited off to the side instead of coming over.

the guy in the room, at first ignored vox, until he saw me. and despite all the female avatars on that game being literally carbon copies of each other. except for different hair and skin tons. i guess he took one look at my avatar, and thought, wow. before he notice i was with vox, and what i can only assume base off what he did next. he was thinking, ''what is someone like her doing with that noob?'' because without warning he just started insulting vox. just unprovoked, vile comments towards him. to be honest? if this were directed towards me? i wouldn't have cared. but because this was vox, i spoke up and said something that was along the lines of knock it off. which only seem to make him mad. so he turn his attention towards me. started talking down to me like i was his subordinate. before going on this, what can only be described as this unhinged ego boost. as he kept going on about all his accomplishments and achievements in game, his rank placement, and so on. the irony of all of this was, not only did i out rank the guy in more ways then one. i just didn't really go around flaunting what i have. but some of the stuff he was naming that he had supposedly claim to have done? you would have to really, really, have to have no life in order to do within a timely manner. so i decided to interrupt him while he was in the middle of boasting, and say,

''is this suppose to mean something?''

as i ask this in chat? both vox and his friend who finally showed up and saw what happen. just started dying laughing, which caused the guy in question to go quiet for a brief moment. before he starts cursing me out and calling me stupid. at this point? vox's friend leaves the room, which causes vox to follow after him. and i decided to go with them. because of how that game was design. if some really disturbed obsessive person wants to do things like stalk, harass you, or flood your screen with messages? there is nothing much you can do to stop it. and to no one's surprise. he followed me, this time bringing his max level account over with his alts. (which only begs the question. if this guy is able to keep up and maintain 6 or more accounts. does he even have a job?) trying to show me up, not realizing i didn't really care or was all that impressed by it. just to tell me off some more. if your curious? vox didn't really log back into that game after that (i don't really blame him for quitting after encountering that), and thanks to crappy moderation on that game? reporting the stalker wouldn't have mattered.

i guess if anyone else wants to share their experiences dealing with people like this? feel free to also post below

#6 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-06-13 19:16:37

frostflare wrote:
Drone Striker wrote:

i'on know what this is about but bro really came back
respect

I guess Joey told you what happen? .-.

i was informed by someone else just now, that apparently you meant 'i'on' as in i don't know. and not, i on, as in a atom or a molecule that has a positive or negative electrical charge.

so sorry about that.

#7 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-06-13 19:04:45

Drone Striker wrote:

i'on know what this is about but bro really came back
respect

I guess Joey told you what happen? .-.

#8 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-06-06 18:29:52

Hello again. I know, I know. Some of you will be surprised seeing this update post, as I know for a fact a few of you have been concern about my whereabouts since I abruptly vanish offline for a little over a month. Some of it was because of personal reasons I don't feel comfortable disclosing publicly. And the other? Well with everything going on over this past year alone, I was trying to get my blood pressure down... But that's a Too long didn't read story for another time.


Anyways, here is an update photo and a list of answered questions more people were curious about.

Hidden text

The colors I went with was, Cobalt Blue, White Water Reducible paint, and a mixture of Metallic Pure Gold and Inca Gold.

It weighs around 2 pounds or less.

Am I going to give it away or sell it?

I did have someone in mind who I wanted to give this to once it was finished.

What was wrong with the previous shade of blue?

When you compared to shades like Cobalt Blue to Vivid Blue. Vivid Blue, tends to look murky when it dries.

Wouldn't it have been less of a hassle to draw this?

It's not the same as being able to hold the Kirby Staff!

Will you let me hold the Kirby staff once it's finish?

I don't feel comfortable giving you my Address!

Are you going to continue the Sailor Moon thread?

Probably not.

#9 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-04-02 16:45:20

Huzzah! Update photo!

Hidden text

Most probably won't even notice this update post since the playground is still in effect. But I felt like posting it anyway.


...



And ps: I still have Kentiya's son.

Hidden text

#10 Re: Compost Bin » YOOOOOOOOO I WON » 2023-04-01 19:07:03

Zoey2070 wrote:
frostflare wrote:

THERE'S MULTIPLE LEVELS???????

there's only as many levels as you want them to be. because you won, remember! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#12 Re: Game Discussion » Discussion: Everybody Edits || Our Silence » 2023-02-14 21:08:22

Kiraninja wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:

Do you see the irony of you being a Forum Mod attempting to make fun me and then calling me a toxic ****? I do.
Do you also see that you are part of the problem painting yourself as you call them, "part of the good people"? I do.

Do I see the irony of Mutantdevle explicitly saying that he wouldn't engage with the community but supports this kind of behavior? I do.

Thank you for setting a good example of your values, both of you.




Crazy revelation. How do you want people to be constructive when they literally just announced they wouldn't engage with the community? Mutantdevle wooting the post makes it all the more funnier.

This situation is embarrassing, honestly.

after spending a few hours trying to decide whether or not i should chime in to this? this kind of needs to be said.

look! everyone agrees that any game needs a strong and thriving community to help grow and sustain it for years to come. and certain comments made by the current administration was not only disheartening, but came off as an insult and a slap in the face to anyone who helped build up EE over these last ten years. But the only thing you manage to accomplish with your words guise as criticism and feedback has not only sewn disorder and chaos among the site. but you justified recent actions from staff as well.

I don't think you understand what's going on Mr Frostflare.

you know, i had honestly anticipated this type of response from you. and frankly you didn't exceed my expectations. because after all, this is you we're talking about. but really kira, what is there to understand about a grown man behaving like a petty **** with no life over the internet.

https://www.talkspace.com/

if i'm being honest? with my mother in the hospital right now due to health problems, talking to a therapist about it probably would have been good for me. but seeing how you clearly know about the site and it hasn't exactly improve your, https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL i'm going to pass.

#13 Re: Game Discussion » Discussion: Everybody Edits || Our Silence » 2023-02-14 20:44:42

Kiraninja wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Do you see the irony of criticising staff, and then criticising their response to criticism, all in a thread made by a toxic **** whose purpose in life is to say **** things to good people?

Do you see the irony of you being a Forum Mod attempting to make fun me and then calling me a toxic ****? I do.
Do you also see that you are part of the problem painting yourself as you call them, "part of the good people"? I do.

Do I see the irony of Mutantdevle explicitly saying that he wouldn't engage with the community but supports this kind of behavior? I do.

Thank you for setting a good example of your values, both of you.


Kirby wrote:

like i know youre trolling but harassment != criticism and lets not pretend that like anything you've posted has been constructive

Crazy revelation. How do you want people to be constructive when they literally just announced they wouldn't engage with the community? Mutantdevle wooting the post makes it all the more funnier.

This situation is embarrassing, honestly.

after spending a few hours trying to decide whether or not i should chime in to this? this kind of needs to be said.

look! everyone agrees that any game needs a strong and thriving community to help grow and sustain it for years to come. and certain comments made by the current administration was not only disheartening, but came off as an insult and a slap in the face to anyone who helped build up EE over these last ten years. But the only thing you manage to accomplish with your words guise as criticism and feedback has not only sewn disorder and chaos among the site. but you justified recent actions from staff as well.

I don't think you understand what's going on Mr Frostflare.

you know, i had honestly anticipated this type of response from you. and frankly you didn't exceed my expectations. because after all, this is you we're talking about. but really kira, what is there to understand about a grown man behaving like a petty **** with no life over the internet.

#14 Re: Game Discussion » Discussion: Everybody Edits || Our Silence » 2023-02-14 18:56:47

Kiraninja wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Do you see the irony of criticising staff, and then criticising their response to criticism, all in a thread made by a toxic **** whose purpose in life is to say **** things to good people?

Do you see the irony of you being a Forum Mod attempting to make fun me and then calling me a toxic ****? I do.
Do you also see that you are part of the problem painting yourself as you call them, "part of the good people"? I do.

Do I see the irony of Mutantdevle explicitly saying that he wouldn't engage with the community but supports this kind of behavior? I do.

Thank you for setting a good example of your values, both of you.


Kirby wrote:

like i know youre trolling but harassment != criticism and lets not pretend that like anything you've posted has been constructive

Crazy revelation. How do you want people to be constructive when they literally just announced they wouldn't engage with the community? Mutantdevle wooting the post makes it all the more funnier.

This situation is embarrassing, honestly.

after spending a few hours trying to decide whether or not i should chime in to this? this kind of needs to be said.

look! everyone agrees that any game needs a strong and thriving community to help grow and sustain it for years to come. and certain comments made by the current administration was not only disheartening, but came off as an insult and a slap in the face to anyone who helped build up EE over these last ten years. But the only thing you manage to accomplish with your words guise as criticism and feedback has not only sewn disorder and chaos among the site. but you justified recent actions from staff as well.

#15 Re: Game Discussion » Discussion: Everybody Edits || Our Silence » 2023-02-12 16:04:46

no offense kira, but each time you do this crap. it only makes me and many others lose what little faith we have left in you with anything else you have to say.

#16 Re: Game Discussion » Discussion: Everybody Edits || Our Silence » 2023-02-12 13:05:01

as someone who is not apart of the discord servers anymore. so excuse me for asking this, but what exactly happen? did lunarys just randomly decide, 'I quit!' without reason? did a massive fight break out between them and staff? or was it something else entirely?

#17 Re: Game Discussion » Why the EE development is communicated poorly, and how it hurts us. » 2023-01-22 15:41:28

Edilights wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:

seriously, what are u even saying

You should not complain at everything else . Your brain needs emotional intelligence .(Which is essential)

No seriously, what are you even saying? No offense, but because of the way you worded your response I had issues understanding your replies to Kira. Are you calling them stupid for even voicing their opinion on the forums? Or does it really bother you that much they decided to post here on this thread.

#18 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-01-15 16:55:47

After the recent events that transpire here. Originally I was just going to say screw it to all of this and wash my hands of this site, Before remembering that users I know like Vox have probably stumble across this thread and will more then likely be sad there's no update photos. So I guess for his sake I should at least give him that.

Despite the fact I am technically not done with it. Here is what it looks like so far,

Hidden text

And here is the staff place next to my Switch for size reference. It's a little over 16 inches long, and 6 and a half inches wide.

Hidden text

I know, I'm a lot better at drawing then I am sculpting and painting. And at first I was just going to leave the blue as is until I remembered very wise words of advice spoken by another artist in the Kirby community.

Hidden text

He's right! I should make the thing look like the thing it's suppose to look like. So I will go back later when I have time and fix the shade of blue to match the staff in-game.

#19 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-01-09 06:30:56

Minimania wrote:

I thought it was pretty clear my post was a joke post

And I thought it was pretty obvious after what you did and from my last conversation with you. That I want you to leave me the hell alone! But I guess my post wasn't clear enough.

#20 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-01-09 03:41:31

Minimania wrote:

Hey I mean sometimes Joey and sometimes Joeyn't, it comes and goes

Oh, look! It's Minimania... Are you here to go on another nonsensical tirade. This time telling me off about things like how no one here cares about the Kirby series, while openly accusing me of trying to flame different members of the community. But this time with a clay sculpture?

#21 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-01-09 02:50:40

N1KF wrote:

I don't know what the joke is but I'm just wooting this for the staff.

There was no joke to get, honestly. I was just trying to make Joey laugh in one of the most nonsensical ways I could think of while show casing what I made.

#22 Re: Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-01-09 00:03:55

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

aAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA its good so far

yey!

#23 Creative » To whom this may concern! » 2023-01-08 23:57:12

frostflare
Replies: 19

Dear Joeyc,

The other day on Discord, you deeply offended me and hurt my feelings when I showed you a update photo and asked for your feedback on the Kirby staff I started working on for the past eight days now. So now I am publicly shaming you by calling you out so you have no choice but to respawn. Thank you in advance for your cooperation as I hope to hear from you soon.

This is what the staff looks like atm

Hidden text

And this is what I hope the whole thing (plush toy in all) will look like once I am done working on it.

Hidden text

Note: It's pretty bad I have to publicly state this. But after what happen with the Miitopia fanfiction thread I posted and some of you thought I was being serious. I'm not.

#24 Re: Off Topic Discussion » discontinued » 2022-12-24 20:08:34

Minimania wrote:
frostflare wrote:

Should have been before he decided to publicly bring up unrelated past Everybody Edits drama on my thread.

Literally what drama? I mentioned that you don't like to talk to very many members of the community. Is that what you're talking about? I'd hardly call that drama. Hell, I'd call it relatable. Frankly, I never even knew there was past EE drama with you.

I know of you, not because I've met you. But I wanted to meet you and talk to you at one point, I think all the way back in 2017 or 2018. That changed after I talked to somebody (EDIT2: actually, two people told me this), but what we spoke of wasn't negative. I was advised against speaking to you, and when I asked that person why, the explanation I got from them was that you were just rather reserved when it came to the EE community. This is neither a slight nor is it a bad thing.

If you could believe me, I'd much rather be your friend, but I don't get the sense that you want anything to do with me, and our past two interactions have not given me much hope.


EDIT: And I am, once again, curious. Is this an interview of sorts with questions people have asked you, or are they more like questions you came up with on your own and answered? Again, I'm just curious, I'm not judging

Not only did you make assumptions about me. But the fact that you had no idea about my situation? Only goes to show that sometimes it's best not to comment about someone else, even if you genially believe you have the best of intentions at heart. Because you don't know how they'll react! And yeah, it's true I'm reserved. But back then if you genially wanted talk to me back then? Why didn't you? No ones my keeper! There was literally nothing stopping you other then the power of their suggestion! Honestly, if no one approached me to talk to me, or vice versa. Then I would literally have no friends...

And despite the fact I already stated why I posted that. Those were literally things people have asked me over the years. I just didn't feel like digging through all the receipt like this just to prove it.

DcmWjYV.png

And if I'm going to be honest? Your right! After everything that's happen? You and many others, aren't really on my list of most fond people to be around. And I am going to need a lot of time to be able to sincerely interact with many of you like I once did.

Edit: Originally I wasn't going to include any user names of any user because I was unsure how any of them felt being mention in my thread. But after talking it over with someone else and coming to the mutual agreement that it would be better in the long run to post the unedited version of the screen shot I showed to avoid anyone in the future, (if they haven't already.) of openly accusing me of trying to gaslight the readers, reading through this thread. Since Minimania decided to essentially bring it up where it could be interpreted that way. Just here.

YuLm7SB.png

#25 Re: Off Topic Discussion » discontinued » 2022-12-24 03:21:00

First off, if you watch this show growing up only to find out later in life that you were into certain things?

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

I'm sorry.

Since I already know a certain someone I now is going to ask what episode the women are wrestling in, for 'scientific research'. It's episode 63.


I have always had a strong belief that with any form of art it's better for third parties not to interfere with the creativity of the artist original intent. Although I'll admit, sometimes interference from outside sources does create a better work that does hold up well over time. But in Sailor Moon's case? This was far from the exception. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that Naoko personally changed her original ending, because getting emotionally attach to characters only for everyone to inevitably die? Not only would have sucked. But it wouldn't have been as emotional or felt as earn as the ending we eventually got for the manga. But a part of me just wishes if they were going to continue the story after the first arc? Changes to certain aspects were never made. Such as Usagi's hair color. For instance. Did you know her hair was originally pink while she was in her civilian form. And Silver while she was Sailor Moon and Serenity. Which is why I take it when Naoko created Sailor Cosmos (Sailor Moon's final form) she gave her those features. But you know? Toei had a perfect opportunity to finally implement this in the reboot for the series. Since Crystal was suppose to be a faithful adaptation of the manga, and they didn't do this.

Also to everyone who complain about the new Eternal movies when they gave Princess Serenity Silver hair. No, Toei didn't screw up. That is how she was originally suppose to look.

You can read more about it here. https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/why-does … pink-hair/

It kind of makes me wonder if Chibiusa would have had Silver hair when she transform too. But I digress.

For the second arc, while Naoko struggle to try to think of a way to continue her popular series.

Hidden text

Toei decided to make the first half of season two filler to give Naoko time to write for the story. Essentially making their adaptation only 28 episodes long if you cut out all the filler. The manga for the second arc may have had only 14 chapters. But what Naoko ultimately created for the series? Even though it's not bad, I still feel to this day is the most messed up arc out of the whole series. Well, if your like me and you over analyze implications of events that take place. Which leads us to: The Black Moon Clan arc. Or what I personally call the start of the Sweet Home Alabama saga.

This is part of why I disliked Sailor Moon if you couldn't guess.

And btw? For those of you who felt the need to point this out. I'm aware it's called a synopsis. But since synopsis and summary pretty much mean the same thing. I just called it a summary. But I guess for the sake of this rant I'll use the word synopsis from now on.

The synopsis for the manga, and now Crystal.

Still wanting to get his hands on the Silver Crystal to rewrite and control the universe. In the far future, another incarnation of Chaos known as Death Phantom, invades and attacks the Earth when the Earth is united again under one government as Usagi and Mamoru now rule together as Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion. After Death Phantom solely destroys Crystal Tokyo, turning it into a city of crime and ruins. Neo Queen Serenity, finally stops him. However, because of his powers? She was unable to administer the death penalty. As an alternative. She banished him to the farthest planet in the galaxy, Nemesis. Before hundreds of years later, Death Phantom sends his followers to Earth, wreaking havoc in the 30th century. Leaving everybody except for a small Princess and her cat, dead or incapacitated. Alone, scared, unable to defend herself. Believing that this whole mess was her fault because she took the Silver Crystal from it's pedestal without asking. And with a deranged cult known as the Black Moon clan trying to track her down and kill her. Trying to think of a solution, Small Lady steals a time key from the guardian of the underworld. Before committing a taboo, traveling through time, back to the year 1993 in order to find the past version of her Mother.

Since Chaos doesn't really exist in the 90s version until later, and things start to really differentiate from the original source material in this arc.

The synopsis for the 90s adaptation.

In the far future after Usagi and Mamoru were wed and Usagi was acknowledge as the Queen of the Earth after saving the planet from a cold sleep. Her daughter, Small lady, tired of waiting to be just like her Mother. Breaks into the room where the Silver Crystal is stored by using Luna P. And removes it off it's pedestal, holding it without permission. Resulting in it vanishing without a trace. Even though her Mother would know right away how to fix this mess. To avoid getting into trouble. She plays dumb, resulting in the family heirloom the Queen uses to protect the planet going missing at the same time when the Black Moon clan decides to invade and attack the earth, leaving to a number of casualties. In order to protect the sole heir to the throne from meeting the same fate as her parents. An order was given sending the small Princess back to the past for her own protection until the Silver Crystal is located. And on her trip traveling back through time. She concocted a scheme to take the Silver Crystal from the past and replace it with the one that went missing in the future. Not really caring about the ramifications of her actions.

I guess I should state this now before I continue any further. If you like any version of Sailor Moon? That is your personal choice and preference to do so, because you're more then free to do that. However I'm going to have to request from this point forward if you comment below or feel the need to direct message me over this thread. That you respect the fact this is my rant thread. Sure you may not like everything I am saying about a show you enjoy watching. But it's really not your place to grill me over it. And for continuity sake, I will be continuing to use Miss Dream's translated version.

When DIC dub season two of Sailor Moon. They again altered a lot of scenes and surprisingly they only cut one episode. I guess showing a volcano erupting on screen was too much? But surprisingly they didn't try to censor the relationship in the Makaiju arc (aka filler arc between season 1 and 2) with An and Eiru. Those of you who may have seen the show but don't remember what was so bad about this? You find out at the end of that arc when the Hell Tree is giving it's backstory. That Eiru and An were not only overly jealous lovers. But brother and sister since they were born from the same tree pod...

Again, how did this get past the censors in the 90s? Did someone slip a five under the table or something?    

DIC even dub the Sailor Moon R movie that featured a guy named Fiore, who was part of the same race as Eiru and An. That DIC tried really, really hard to get the audience to believe that all he wanted to do was become really good, best bros with Mamoru. But couldn't do it because his girlfriend was just in the way. Before he ultimately decided to keep up the on going theme seen through out the entire series...

You see someone who catches your fancy and you got the power? Just swoop in and claim them for yourself, leaving consent to only be a seven letter word.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

I know some of you reading this will feel I just made a really messed up joke. But again, keep in mind. Sailor Moon wasn't intended for four to eight year olds. And When Naoko created Sailor Moon and drew illustrations like this into her comic.

Hidden text
Hidden text

Or even when Toei wrote and animated scenes like this into the show.

I don't believe they ever thought for a moment, years later. That this would be water down by Canada, before being aired around the same time slot as Sesame Street over here in United States.

If your wondering what age group Sailor Moon would be suited for? I'd say around 12 and up. Or depending on how emotionally mature the individual is. Because everyone is different and some of the imagery from the comics and TV series can be a bit much, even for fully grown adults to handle. Like in the first episode of the 90s anime where the monster twists it's neck 180° like an owl. Or the creepy doll scene from the first episode of season four. Where they repeat over and over again for a few minutes. ''The humans don't notice!''

When it came time to air the final 17 episodes of season two on television over here in the west? The series ultimately was deem a failure and was cancelled after 65 episodes. (This happen more then once) Although, looking back on it now? They were probably just panicking behind the scenes trying to figure out a way to censor certain aspects about the show, like this scene.

CONTENT WARNING

Which led to the fanbase to panic, leading to hilarious petitions such as this. http://www.saveoursailors.org/

I still don't understand why North American Sailor Moon fans felt going out and buying strawberry pop tarts would change anything. But I'm sure Kellogg's did enjoy the spike in sales.

In the 90s adaptation after the hell tree arc when Mamoru and Usagi finally started dating. Because he had lost his memories for about 10 episodes. And if your wondering? That never happen in the manga. I guess Toei felt their relationship was now too peaceful? So they added unnecessary drama into it by making them break up over one of the dumbest reasons I seen on TV that's only rival in soap operas. And the reason why was, King Endymion from the 30th century. Decided to give the past version of himself and his wife (who was only his gf at the time) prophetic dreams. Leaving both of them to believe if they stay together? Then Usagi will die! And after all the pain and heartache he made both of them suffer through, especially Usagi, because they made it seem like she was going to die from a broken heart if things weren't mended soon.

This kind of annoyed a lot of people.

Hidden text
Hidden text
Hidden text

And King Endymion's excuse when he was finally confronted by them, was he needed to test them to make sure they were able to face the upcoming crisis... Since he was able to meet them face to face and have that talk anyways. Why couldn't he just warn them in advance of what he was doing then make them go through those tests?

I know despite the fact it was left vague. It was kind of hinted at in both the manga and the 90s version that everything that took place within Sailor Moon has already happen, and the future version of them selves from the 30th century, are waiting for the audience watching and the past version of them selves from the 20th century to experience what they already went through. Which would kind of explain why Neo Queen Serenity Already knew her daughter was the one to take the Silver Crystal. Or how in the 90s version, Death Phantom may not have known where Chibiusa was living. But he knew of time and places where she would appear and was able to warn his subordinates of future events.

But still, this is stupid for a number of reasons. Not only did King Endymion risk changing history by making it so his own daughter wasn't even born. But despite the fact 90s adaptation is base off the Manga. If it weren't for the fact Death Phantom's powers were kind of nerf down in that version? Then that test would have been pointless and a waste of time. Because in the Manga, anyone who is unfortunate enough to cross paths with Death Phantom? Is pretty much screwed! Which is how this came to be.

Hidden text

And if you were curious? Yes, King Endymion did reach out to his past self in the Manga. But that was only because of this.

Hidden text
Hidden text

When someone I know sees those pictures, they're going to be like, ''Wait! Tuxedo Mask wasn't useless in that version?''

The next character I am about to talk about gets a lot of hate within the community by certain people. And some of it's kind of justified. While some of it isn't.

I suppose I should state this now before I continue any further. Remember when I mention in my opening post that Sailor Moon has incest? Well I am going to be talking about that now. So if your not for that? Don't click on the spoiler below. That is your only warning!

CONTENT WARNING

I guess I might as well talk about the members of the Black Moon Clan or this post will be super short.

The cult known as the black moon clan was completely different from the 90s version in the manga and crystal. In the manga and crystal, the clan was a group of people who were resentful of Neo Queen Serenity's reign, believing those of the white moon to be corrupt and their lifespans were profane. So their goal was to time travel back to the past and create a new history, removing Crystal Tokyo from existence.

While in the 90s anime, the Black Moon Clan's goal was to destroy Crystal Tokyo in the 30th Century. Before Eventually, shifting their attention to destroy the past after chasing after chibiusa when she time travel there.

The four Strange Sisters, Spectre Sisters, (or what ever you what to call them): Koan, Berthier, Calaveras, and Petz.

Hidden text

In the Manga, after seeing the chaos and destruction the Four Sisters were causing. Unsure of who they are and to protect everyone. Without hesitation, both Usagi and Mamoru had no issue eliminating them.

While in the 90s anime, Sure the Sisters motives were the same. And despite all the pain and suffering they were causing to countless people through out the season. It was like Toei wanted you to forget all of that as they tried to get you to feel sympathy for them when each one realize they didn't have a place to go back to By adding in scenes like this as they decided to redeem them...

Hidden text

Yeah, lets all forget the fact the four sisters literally help hurt and kill countless people and stalked and hunted down a small little girl like prey with the intention to kill her. But it's ok because they found 'sisterly love.'

You would think the sisters would thank the Sailor Scouts by telling them useful information about what the cult was planning. Because in the manga all the Clan members were fully aware of what they were doing and why. But I guess because the plot wasn't ready to progress in the 90s version. So they added this excuse.

Hidden text
Hidden text

The Boule Brothers: Chiral and Achiral

Hidden text

Besides just being minor inconveniences that stood in Sailor Moon's way. I don't really have much to say about the twins because when I had first watch the 90s version, I had assume they were just random droids Saphir created (the monster of the week) base off how Toei portrayed them. It wasn't until around the Death Busters arc that I started reading the manga first to see what was going to happen next when I learn they were actual members of the Dark Moon Clan, and the 90s version just forgot to introduce them as such. But still, I kind of forget they were even a thing until I was looking up information from the series when making this thread to double check if I misremembered anything. (It's been a long time since I watched the show or fully read the manga.) At first I kind of felt bad about forgetting they even existed. Until I found out I wasn't alone in this. >.<

Rubeus

Hidden text

In the 90s version, he was the leader of the Four Sister and kind of an manipulative **** too. I recalled this guy being a bigger threat in that version then in the manga as well before being killed when his spaceship blew up with him on it.

While in the manga, he was killed by Wiseman for trying to flee.


Esmeraude

Hidden text

If you wonder why did I remove certain written information feature in that photo of her? Well I don't believe forums staff would have appreciate it that much if I didn't take the time to censor quotes like, ''She has a huge ****'' out of the image.

She was loud, obnoxious, self centered, and smip after Prince Demand. Despite the fact the guy isn't really something worth fighting for. And in that adaptation for some reason she outlived Rubeus. And in that version they even decided to her turn into a dragon before she was defeat. Because I guess... Fan service?

While in the Manga She was eliminated by Mamoru.


Saphir

Hidden text

Just like with the Four strange sisters in the 90s version. They tried to make him more sympathetic then the his more sociopathic counterpart in the Manga. After he realize he was being used by Wiseman in that version? He was killed for wrong think.

In the Manga he was eliminated by his own brother, Prince Demande.


I already know this next part may get censored by forum staff. But I am going to try to keep this as family friendly as possible.

CONTENT WARNING

Black lady. Or 'Wicked Lady' if you only seen the censor DIC version.

Hidden text

Why did they feel calling her Black Lady would be offensive since the word 'Black' is just the name of a color? Hell if I know.

In the 90s version Chibiusa ended up becoming her after she was kid nap and brainwashed by DeathPhantom when she stupidly ran off and left the safety of the palace. And when Sailor Moon was about to chase after her to make sure she was alright. Mamoru to stop her and told her this.

Hidden text
Hidden text

Dad of the year everyone!

In the Manga. DeathPhantom takes advantage of the situation after was Small Lady goes off alone after she drops her time key by mistake and gets lost in the void, before he finds her and brainwashes her.

In both the 90s version and manga, she is the only member of the Black Moon Clan to live. However unlike the 90s anime when both Usagi and Mamoru were able to reach out to her and help her break free from DeathPhantom's influence.

In the manga because Mamoru had also fallen under DeathPhantom's influence. Usagi's wasn't able to reach her thanks to how resentful she had become of her. And with no one else left who could help her in her situation, Pluto ended up making the ultimate sacrifice to save her friend, resulting in Small Lady finally awakening her powers and being able to transform.

And lastly, DeathPhantom/Wiseman.

Hidden text

He dead...

I know most of you reading this will be like, ''Wait, that's it?'' Yeah, thanks to lack of sleep and with everything going on in real life since I released part one of this thread, and people questioning why haven't finish part two yet? My last two brain cells are just on strike right now. I don't know, maybe I will fill this section in later if I can think of anything to add.

And this is the part where I guess I am suppose to wine about something from the show I didn't like. And I guess it would have to be the episode, 'Mirror, Mirror on the Wall.' Where Usagi's friends all wanted to kiss Mamoru when he was playing Prince charming in the Snow White play... It's just? Who ever wrote that episode obviously doesn't understand how women and teenage girls work. And seems to have forgotten about a previous conversation that Rei and Usagi had in episode 38.

So what was changed for Crystal?

For Crystal, I was going to talk about the version I originally saw years ago when it first aired on Crunchyroll. Until I realized Toei decided to go back and edit very obvious mistakes from the rush production of Season two that people complain about. But theres still remnants of what was once there within the show. Like when they screw up and gave Neo Queen Serenity Yellow hair.

Hidden text

(I notice these things because I am literally that guy!)

Yeah this was 'fix' mostly when they went back and edited it. But there were still some details on it that looked off even in the edited version. Like in the picture below with the crescent moon on her forehead not matching the tilled of her head.

Hidden text

For season two of Crystal they left out certain things with the side cast that established relationships. Like Motoki knowing about the Sailor guardians. Because I just wish things like this weren't removed in Crystal.

Hidden text

Despite Toei going back and editing season two. They for some reason decided to keep the art style the same as season one to match the uncanny 3D models in the CGI transformation scenes. That to this day, no one really cared for and were disturb those who saw them.

There was very obvious mistakes in this season that were left in. Like Usagi using the wrong weapon in this scene. Because I guess they either weren't paying their animators enough money so they just recycled animation that was used in the previous season. Pure laziness from the production team to even care enough to make sure things like this were correct before it was release to the public. Or the rumors floating around at the time were allegedly true and people who were task with working on Crystal were upset that Naoko finally got her wish with Sailor Moon. So they were trying to sabotage the series in any way possible.

When it should have played out similar to this.

Hidden text

Since I already know a certain someone reading through this thread whose never seen the show is going to ask how they were able to float in the air like that. Well in the manga and the 90s version all of the Sailor Guardians have their own unique set of powers. (And when it seemed to be convenient for the plot in the 90s version.) Each one can super jump, teleport, fly, and even float in the air for a time.

They also changed up certain relationships from the Manga. Like Prince Demand's relationship with Usagi, even changing how he died to be more like the 90s version. And they made Chibiusa more open about her feelings towards Mamoru in Crystal earlier on in the season, just like with the 90s version. Almost as if they thought it was a good idea to combine ideas from the 90s version into Crystal, when literally I didn't see anyone besides the people who were upset the 90s version didn't get a reboot, asking for that...

I did like the fact they changed it to Chibiusa being called down for dinner instead of shingo barging into his sister rooms. Or how Umino wasn't included this scene in Crystal.

Hidden text

No, seriously! Why was Umino at Usagi's house?

And lastly that blouse.

Hidden text

I know my older sister use to mock Usagi's fashion sense, claiming she had the worst wardrobe out of all the girls on the show. (She was mainly talking about the 90s version. But she was right.) But if no one working on Crystal decided to change the design to a more modern sleeveless version,

Hidden text

Part two of this entire thread would have just been me complaining about that blouse and how it hasn't been in style since the 80s. And no teenage girl or young woman would be caught dead wearing that abomination!

And I guess that's it. But I'll leave you with this bonus clip.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1717065118.2476 - Generated in 0.484 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 2.12 MiB (Peak: 2.61 MiB) ]