Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 06:16:09

N1KF wrote:

Remember that time I posted saying I wouldn't mind if EE died? Well I changed my mind because now I want to see you people wrong about EE. EE can't die off to some random Nintendo lawyer.

It won't. Nobody thinks it will. Except Minisaurus exactly 50% of the time.

N1KF wrote:

Remember that time I posted saying I wouldn't mind if EE died? Well I changed my mind because now I want to see you people wrong about EE. EE can't die off to some random Nintendo lawyer.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

are you expecting one of the biggest companies in the world to not notice that a raising game (EEU) has EEO with it´s possibly stolen graphics?

yes, actually

Just wait until EE gets onto one of Nintendo's digital stores. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

John wrote:

Can you record it for us? I'd love to see what their reaction is after you say "Can we legally use assets that we stole?".

As far as I'm aware, EE doesn't use any Nintendo assets. It uses edited versions of their assets.

derivative works.

Wikipedia wrote:

For copyright protection to attach to a later, allegedly derivative work, it must display some originality of its own. It cannot be a rote, uncreative variation on the earlier, underlying work. The latter work must contain sufficient new expression, over and above that embodied in the earlier work for the latter work to satisfy copyright law's requirement of originality.

I doubt adjusting contrast and color only as much as it takes to mesh with the rest of a game's graphics counts as originality. There's no creative expression there.

Minisaurus wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

Law advice is confidential if you did´t knew yet.

literally isn't but that wouldn't be the first time you went off with things you had 0 actual practical understanding of.

It actually depends. It is in some cases and it is not in other cases. Get informed before deprecate.

Not in any case you might be bringing up related to EE? Totally irrelevant.

#2 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 05:35:12

Minisaurus wrote:
John wrote:

Can you record it for us? I'd love to see what their reaction is after you say "Can we legally use assets that we adopt?".

Law advice is confidential if you did´t knew yet.

literally isn't but that wouldn't be the first time you went off with things you had 0 actual practical understanding of.

#3 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:50:12

You aren't answering the same. So far in this thread,

You objected to EE throwing out stolen graphics because there's nothing to be worried about. Doesn't matter if there's anything to worry about, the game doesn't want stolen graphics.
You emailed Nintendo and Facebook so they could reply back and say "Yeah! Totally fine, go for it!" But that doesn't matter, the game still doesn't want stolen graphics.
But actually you emailed them because there was never anything to worry about. Except the game still doesn't want stolen graphics.
But actually you emailed them because Nintendo finding out was inevitable. Except it was very much evitable(?), and the game doesn't want stolen graphics.
But if EE didn't steal the graphics, then EE is fine. Except EE did steal the graphics, and they don't want them anymore.

None of this topic should have happened for that one simple reason. The graphics were stolen. The game doesn't want to reuse them. Why are you obsessing over these graphics?

#4 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:38:26

Holy crap that's actually the exact same transition as last time, he is legitimately stuck in a loop:

Minisaurus wrote:

I just accelerated what was going to happen anyway.

Minisaurus wrote:

If EE did nothing wrong, then EE has nothing to fear.

and

Minisaurus wrote:

Nintendo was going to notice EEO eventually, why wait?

Minisaurus wrote:

I don´t consider this to be a bad thing for EE but a chance to stop fearing of it´s own shadow.

#5 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:37:14

And he's back to "pfft nothing's going to happen" from "Nintendo finding out was inevitable I can only pray the video game gods have mercy on us praise be"

#6 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:35:33

Okay now you've leapt from position to position so much you're looping back around. If that's what you're going to do I can just start quoting my posts from the last time you were at this point in the loop.

Different55 wrote:

1. Highly avoidable. It's almost guaranteed that even with your email, it's not going to happen. That's how avoidable it is. "Inevitable" is completely baseless.
2. That's not how it works. It starts with a cease and desist, and then EEO goes poof. That's it. If you succeed in doing anything, it's in nuking EEO. You won't have even succeeded in forcing the game to get a lawyer, because they will simply comply with the cease and desist without a fight. You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You improved nothing. You gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. It's sad that you don't know the difference.
3. Importantly, there is no benefit to doing that. You are not going to get permission from Nintendo for their graphics. So, and this is a very important question, why did you email them?

And I know you didn't actually address any of anything in my post, you just leapt to the next position, but out of sheer optimism I'm going to highlight that last part:

Why did you email them? What did you hope to accomplish?

#7 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:30:38

Minisaurus wrote:

It has been 10 years, nothing happened.
Why would something happen now?

I consider this to be a positive chance to get those fears to fade away.

Yeah no. You don't get to do that. EEU does not want to use the blocks. They won't. Whatever this stunt is, it won't change anything. The best case scenario is that EEO is nuked out of existence. I don't know if you can fall any further behind, but you should stop while you may or may not be ahead. You aren't helping.

#8 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:24:11

Minisaurus wrote:

If EE did nothing wrong, then EE has nothing to fear.

You are the only one who believes EE did nothing wrong. Everyone else is playing it safe. You are the one attempting to poke city-block-sized bears. Everyone else wants to leave those bears alone and do everything they can to keep them asleep.

#9 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 04:17:08

Minisaurus wrote:

Would you better like to wait until EEU gets popular so then nintendo sues EE franchise and get in debt because of EEO, sure waiting for what is inevitable is an option too, but I just accelerated what was going to happen anyway.

Nintendo getting aware of EE franchise is unavoidable, better soon than later imo.

1. Highly avoidable. It's almost guaranteed that even with your email, it's not going to happen. That's how avoidable it is. "Inevitable" is completely baseless.

2. That's not how it works. It starts with a cease and desist, and then EEO goes poof. That's it. If you succeed in doing anything, it's in nuking EEO. You won't have even succeeded in forcing the game to get a lawyer, because they will simply comply with the cease and desist without a fight. You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You improved nothing. You gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

3. Importantly, there is no benefit to doing that. You are not going to get permission from Nintendo for their graphics. So, and this is a very important question, why did you email them?

#10 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Today 01:32:15

Nintendo, one of the companies most litigious and protective of their IP. And you didn't think they'd care? If they ever *actually* become aware of it, it'll be big trouble for EE, and mostly EEO. If they get one of those companies' attentions, EE has no choice but to immediately fold. Likely a cease and desist to stop distributing any and all copies of EEO. For a random group of people glued together, as long as nobody's real identity is tied to it, who cares. But EE is a company, they'll can't just flip off the law or they'll be torn apart.

N1KF wrote:

Minisaurus is defending this as fair use (or fair dealing, since EE isn't based in the United States to my knowledge).

This is a *major* problem. Fair use is not a right, it is a defense when you're being sued for copyright violations. EE will never get far enough to make a defense of any kind, if they receive notice from any outside company they pretty much have no choice but to immediately comply. The copyright system is bad and wrong, but it is fatally stupid to poke that bear.

#11 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Yesterday 18:30:26

Minisaurus wrote:

Can you prove that my assumptions are plainly false or you just like to say plainly false?

As you assume that, I can assume that the assumption that EE ever stolen anything is completely and plainly false.
(This can only be determined by a lawyer expert in the matter, so dont bother to do so).

Different55 wrote:

We all know what was stolen. Whether or not the law sees it that way, *we* know.

Enough with this pseudo-lawyer talk. Stop talking about what can be proven, that's what everyone hates about lawyers. This isn't a courtroom. We're in reality. Things were stolen. The smilies 100 pixels above the text I'm typing are Facebook smilies. The blocks embedded into the game are Nintendo graphics. These aren't assumptions, they're not allegations, because this isn't a courtroom and nobody here is a lawyer. These are facts, those still exist.

Different55 wrote:

They're erring on the side of caution when there's potential radioactive material. That's not a bad choice. Lawyers are expensive, and morally, legally, this is not a bad move.

They don't want stolen content in their game. Screw the lawyers, that's not a bad decision just for morality's sake.

#12 Re: Game Suggestions » Dear Staff, get a lawyer » Yesterday 18:11:11

Minisaurus wrote:

Are we stealing smileys? No way.

plainly false

Minisaurus wrote:

Are we stealing assets? No way.

plainly false

Minisaurus wrote:

So EE as a whole is completely free of any legal issue

plainly false, do not state this unless you are or have a lawyer. They're erring on the side of caution when there's potential radioactive material. That's not a bad choice. Lawyers are expensive, and morally, legally, this is not a bad move.

Minisaurus wrote:

Only an expert lawyer in the matter can tell what is stolen

Just straight up BullSnot™. We all know what was stolen. Whether or not the law sees it that way, *we* know.

#15 Re: Off Topic Discussion » Ever Had Any Times of Your Life When You Had No Internet for a While? » 2020-10-25 05:21:45

Without wifi? Yeah, when my upstairs neighbors moved out, they dropped the internet the rest of us tenants were splitting. Was obnoxious but I used my slow, slow cell hotspot to get along until I was able to call out another internet provider and get hooked up. Without internet entirely, only time that comes to mind is the 2 weeks I spent in the mountains in Colorado a few summers back. Honestly enjoyed my time without it. Might be because it was done willingly rather than by surprise, but it was good to completely 100% disconnect for a while.

#16 Re: Off Topic Discussion » FREE GOOD GAME[s] -- INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US ULTIMATE EDITION » 2020-10-17 14:50:51

Sega's releasing a few free minigames over the next few days. And after they're gone, they'll be removed completely from Steam for some reason so make sure to grab em while you can.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/steam … -download/

#17 Re: Off Topic Discussion » Off-Topic chat thread » 2020-10-15 18:32:43

Chasm and Hollow Knight are pretty good. Haven't played through either but so far they're pretty good.

#18 Re: Forum Discussion » whats the difference between failforums and forums » 2020-10-12 19:33:11

peace wrote:

then why not move over to failforums?

better for the forums for everybody edits to be under forums.everybodyedits.com, just a better name.

#19 Re: Forum Discussion » whats the difference between failforums and forums » 2020-10-11 16:32:23

second one has DNS under my control in case EE's DNS flips out for whatever reason. Has a few times in the past. So if forums.ee goes down, as long as the forums themselves are healthy ee.fail will still work.

#20 Re: Off Topic Discussion » differnt52 i question for you » 2020-10-03 02:54:17

I like the number 5 so much if I could I'd be Different55555555 but that's too much 5

#21 Re: Game Discussion » Can anyone tell me if ee is gonna last until 2014-2015? » 2020-09-26 16:09:46

Edilights wrote:
N1KF wrote:

PLEASE DIFF WE NEED THE INFO THERE IS A GIANT BOMB AND WE NEED THE DATES OF FOUR OLD POSTS PLEASE HELP

Who cares about yours ?

could you please not be a giant sour ball on every post

N1KF wrote:

PLEASE DIFF WE NEED THE INFO THERE IS A GIANT BOMB AND WE NEED THE DATES OF FOUR OLD POSTS PLEASE HELP

lol send the posts, I can get you the dates

#22 Re: Off Topic Discussion » Glitch = Bad? » 2020-09-23 02:09:19

If a glitch interferes with normal enjoyment of the game, it should be removed. But some glitches can open up new ways of enjoying the game.

#23 Re: Game Suggestions » EE in additional dimensions (Tool/Zone) » 2020-09-21 17:17:59

Adding an unlimited amount of layers sounds like it could have some interesting creative uses, but just 2 solid layers is probably enough. And if you could make world portals more seamless, that seems like a good way to implement it without vastly complicating everything. Is there anything in this idea that couldn't be done with high performance world portals?

#24 Re: Game Discussion » Can anyone tell me if ee is gonna last until 2014-2015? » 2020-09-17 17:27:15

N1KF wrote:

Aaaand previewing this topic I can see I was ninja'd by Different55 himself, confirming my suspicions it was from late 2013 January. Different, where did you find that date? Can we have dates for old topics listed somewhere please?

I have a copy of the posts and topics from the Before Times from Atilla with some of the metadata that was lost in the transition. It's not able to be merged back in automatically, but it exists and can be asked questions

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1606802111.7306 - Generated in 0.755 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 2.21 MiB (Peak: 5.82 MiB) ]