Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Game Discussion » My resignation » 2020-08-04 12:47:55

Oh no, Xeno thinks his staff are the reason he has bad PR. Who's gonna tell him?

pepelaughz.jpg

#2 Re: Game Discussion » ee is hack » 2020-07-31 22:56:25

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It cost me nothing but time I would have otherwise spent jerking off

... t-thanks atilla

#3 Re: Game Discussion » so THAT's EEU? » 2020-06-16 15:00:54

Pyromaniac wrote:

its caused a lot of drama for a game with no players

You just described every drama in this community.

#4 Re: Game Discussion » WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO BUILD MINE IS ROLLER COASTERS » 2020-06-16 13:00:14

I like worlds that can combine visuals, gameplay and story into a cohesive experience. A lot of worlds might include these three elements but they feel separate. Great worlds allow you to immerse yourself in them as a whole experience.

#5 Re: Forum Discussion » Add the Option to Downwoot Posts » 2020-05-21 20:10:12

I think saying you disagree with someone without explaining why is kinda rude on a forum, so downwooting without explanation is also rude. So there is basically no purpose to downwoots apart from keeping a count of how many people disagree with something. But I'm not sure keeping count of that is even useful or productive in most cases.

Maybe a better idea is to have polls for situations where you might want a counter. I remember we had them on fail forums, so I'm sure Diff can add them here too.

#6 Re: Game Discussion » How attached are you to EE? » 2020-05-18 00:44:29

Cola1 wrote:

I love EE but I'm pretty sure I've gone through the stages of grief over it already. Now all I do is look at my screenshot hoard occasionally, for a laugh.

But we know that EE will die, so what would fill the void in your heart? Is it something that preserves the EE brand like EEU? Or would you be interested in a game that goes for a similar concept, but with a different style and most likely a very different community?

#7 Re: Game Discussion » How attached are you to EE? » 2020-05-17 01:45:00

SirJosh wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

"EE remakes"

i used the term loosely sorry. meant like the game, same concept, but completely different execution, like nobody edits.

Did Nobody Edits not use any assets from EE?

#8 Re: Game Discussion » How attached are you to EE? » 2020-05-17 01:01:25

To be clear, when I say EE-like game I'm not referring to so called "EE remakes". Correct me if I'm wrong, but those usually take assets from EE which might be problematic if you are trying to make an actual profitable game and not just a community project. EEW has the same problem except it takes from EEU.

EEU might be official but that only earns it the backing of the EE community. I'm talking about a separate project that markets itself to people outside the community as well. That's why I mentioned that the community might be entirely different.

#9 Game Discussion » How attached are you to EE? » 2020-05-16 23:53:06

skullz17
Replies: 16

There has been plenty of discussion about how to save EE/EEU, however, EEU is just an officially endorsed EE-like game. In terms of a spiritual successor to EE, there might be other options that do not carry the EE brand. By opening up to other options like these, we can leave EEU behind if we're not happy about the way it's run. However, I know some people want to preserve that special part of their childhood, and won't want to let go, so I was wondering, how attached are you guys to EE?

If an alternative EE-like game was developed that was not officially endorsed, would you consider playing it? It would not have the EE brand, and while some people from the EE community might move over, there is no guarantee that the community would look anything like this one. Also, would it matter to you whether that game was developed by someone from the EE community or not?

Personally, I have always been okay with dropping the EE brand, even for an officially endorsed game. I support the idea of making other EE-like games, because it creates competition, which should increase quality and gives the community more options. Currently, the EE-like genre is monopolized. People aren't too happy about the person at the top but don't have the power to do anything about it. I think having alternatives is a potential solution to the issue, but it depends on how much people value the preservation of the EE brand which they're so nostalgic about, or if they just want a new EE-like game that isn't dead.


Clarification of what I mean by EE-like game:

To be clear, when I say EE-like game I'm not referring to so called "EE remakes". Correct me if I'm wrong, but those usually take assets from EE which might be problematic if you are trying to make an actual profitable game and not just a community project. EEW has the same problem except it takes from EEU.

#10 Re: Game Discussion » What a disgrace. I'm very annoyed... But we can forge a path. » 2020-05-16 23:09:47

You want to reform Xenonetix... by bombarding him with Discord messages?

Michele wrote:

Although, I will give praise to Luka504 the cute and cuddly Aggron; Peace the gremmer, Gosha the Devil, rat the rat, Zumza the Zumzing, and Skullz17 the nice ball. They are the peoples I would like to invite, into forging our own path, and are the most sane peoples.

Thank you, Michele the Discord terrorist.


In all seriousness, I don't know where you got the idea that bombarding someone with messages is a good way to make them reform. It is not that easy to change someone, especially someone like Xeno. I don't know what it would take to reform him but I would bet money that this aint it.

#11 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-16 20:30:09

Minisaurus wrote:

This is getting ridiculous...
Continue if you want anyway, it is fun to see butthurt guys arguing something already discussed

aight bye then

tenor.gif?itemid=16095274

#12 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-16 20:20:28

Minisaurus wrote:

We are now going in circles, we discussed this already, matture and move on lol

???

If we've discussed it then you didn't understand it. You said that I made a parody of your thoughts, that's incorrect. I have already explained and shown to you that if I make fun of your posts, it doesn't mean I'm flaming you and it's not derogatory because I literally haven't said a bad word about you. You didn't have anything to say about this, so no we have not discussed this.

#13 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-16 20:15:05

Minisaurus wrote:

Never in history mocking or disrupting was a constructive criticism
With your post you didn´t added anytihng good to the disscusion, you just made a disrespectful parody of my thoughts, and yes I call it derogatory (disrespectful attitude)

I didn't make a parody of your thoughts, I made a parody of the way you presented them. You shouldn't take it so personally. I already addressed this in a previous post which as far as I can tell, you completely ignored:

skullz17 wrote:

Does me making your posts look bad mean that I'm flaming you? Of course not. You are not your posts, and I don't think anyone would judge you for not arguing your point well. The underlying argument you were trying to present also is not limited to your posts. You might have had valid points but didn't express them well. That's all I was pointing it out.

You're conflating me making fun of the way you are arguing with me making fun of you. It is not the same, if I was trying to be derogatory towards you I would have said something about you, but I didn't.

I disagree that I didn't add anything good to the discussion. What I added to the discussion was showing you that we couldn't understand the point you were trying to make because there were contradictions. If that led to you making yourself clearer, then I think my contribution was positive. For instance, you said that John's intentions were both for self-benefit and to help the game. But after my post, you said,

Yes, even though he is doing it for himself, he is actually helping the game development in result of it

This means something different, now you have clarified that John's intention is not to help game development, but he will end up helping it anyway.

#14 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-16 19:27:21

No you clearly did not understand my real intention. I didn't say a single bad word about you in my post, all I did was list things that you said yourself to show how they contradict. I wanted you to clarify what you were trying to say, which you did straight after. How is that destructive?

It might have been rude but don't call it derogatory, that's just dishonest.

#15 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-16 18:37:06

Minisaurus wrote:

I do care what you have to say unless it is for demonise, depreciate, or bull**** my posts, if so then stop wasting my time lol

There must be something I'm not understanding, are you just saying that I made your posts look bad? Yes, that was the point, because I think that they were bad. They are bad because you didn't express your argument clearly. I don't need to use a sarcastic comment to show that, I could have got the exact same point across with a completely serious tone.

Does me making your posts look bad mean that I'm flaming you? Of course not. You are not your posts, and I don't think anyone would judge you for not arguing your point well. The underlying argument you were trying to present also is not limited to your posts. You might have had valid points but didn't express them well. That's all I was pointing it out.

#16 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-16 16:36:53

Minisaurus wrote:

So this is a SJW point of view, where you need to follow your rules of how to post correctly if not then I assume I am violating your safe space?

I don´t see how critiquize John is toxic, I do agree that what I said belong better to a private disscusion with John rather than a public comment since it is a staff-to-staff discussion mostly, but I do also believe that Skull´s s****post was very rude and didn´t gave anything relevant to what i was talking with John, he was very disruptive and as you love to say, toxic. It would be fine if he disagree, but as you said, how you say it matters for me too then

You can apply your post above to Skull too, do you? If not then you are a complete hypocrite @Mutantdevle

In the discussion about John, I was trying to make the point that your argument was inconsistent and it felt like some of your statements were contradicting. I agree that my post was a bit rude towards you and I could have made my point in a nicer way. Sometimes I like to express my points in a humorous or snarky way, and sometimes it happens at someone else's expense. I honestly try to hold back a lot these days, but it's part of my personality and sometimes I can't help it. Sorry it happened to you.

When I read your post in this topic, it wasn't clear to me whether you were just salty, trying to banter with me, or if you genuinely didn't get my point. But now you said that you actually didn't understand my point, so I'll try to clarify things.

Oh I get it, so you can´t judge Xeno is a "bad person",  because you don´t know him enough and exactly how his mental problems affect him, but at the same time you have no doubt he experiences anxiety and depression but that is not really the point you are trying to make

First of all, I didn't say "no doubt", I said "I don't doubt". These sound similar but I'm pretty sure "no doubt" means "definitely", whereas "I don't doubt" is closer to "probably". I'm not claiming to know Xeno's diagnoses. But in Pqwerty's post, he suggested that Xeno's stress might lead to anxiety and depression. All I'm saying is that that might be true.

This doesn't contradict me saying that I don't know enough about how his mental health problems affect him. Since calling someone a "bad person" is an ethical judgement, we have to understand the person's degree of control over their own actions before we can judge them. I don't want to go into that, which is why I said it's not really my point.

but you also think that Xeno does not gets mad and makes bad decisions in the heat of the moment, but also have anger issues and take bad decisions in the heat of the moment but not because he gets mad.

This confusion is probably due to bad wording on my part. I think that he might get mad and make bad decisions in the heat of the moment, but the fact is, he doesn't regret them later. That kind of takes away from the "in the heat of the moment" part. Usually this phrase implies that the emotions in the moment caused a lapse in judgement, and the person should be able to admit the error once they are calm. But this isn't the case with Xeno, which is why I argue that there are errors in his reasoning even when he's calm, and it's not necessarily his emotions that are clouding his judgement.

At the same time you don´t link his mental health to him becoming increasingly tyrannical and close minded to criticism, but you think at the same time that it is the cause of he becoming increasingly tyrannical and close minded to criticism.

Don't know what to say about this, I never made the causal link you're suggesting.

But that doesn't mean he is not wrong, in fact, because it's like to talk to someone who is suicidal, and as so if you argue with Xenonetix he will give you a pretty objective and logical case for why there is no hope for him.

you are trolling me

That is not only because his anger issues, but because his stress before he became owner, that is why now he have anger issues,

I can see this one being a genuine misunderstanding for other people as well, so I'll answer even though I think the remainder of your post is nonsense. I'm not saying he had stress before he became owner, I'm saying that his obsession with logic - which is in my view the main issue - probably existed before stress (which came with becoming the owner). I also never said anything about what caused his anger issues.

but not because that you argue that Xeno doesn't deserve any sympathy but Xeno called himself a "logician", and because that you believe him but at the same time the reason he seems so close-minded to criticism is probably because his actions are not illogical

I'm sorry but I can't understand what any of this means.


Well I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

#17 Re: Crews » TSM Crew » 2020-05-15 21:51:40

Wow I can't believe Team Solo Mid is branching out to EE, they must have heard about our thriving esports scene.

#18 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-15 18:53:01

I was just trying to say that you should give more of an objective account in this topic rather than go into a discussion about Xeno's mental health, but now that we're here I might as well give my full take.

I feel like there are a few different things being talked about here: his mental health, his close-mindedness/tyranny, and him being a horrible person. First of all, I don't think I can judge whether Xeno is a "bad person" because I don't know him enough and exactly how his mental problems affect him. That is not really the point I'm trying to make. On the point about his mental health worsening due to the stress of owning the game, I completely agree. I don't doubt that he experiences things like anxiety and depression.

However, I wouldn't link the worsening of his mental health to him becoming increasingly tyrannical or close-minded to criticism. It might have made it worse, but I don't think it's the main reason. People often misunderstand that people that are like this must be completely illogical and delusional, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. In the past, Xeno called himself a "logician", and I believe him. The reason he seems so close-minded to criticism is probably because his actions are not illogical, but are actually justified by his own logic. It is difficult to argue with him or change his mind because he has already used his logic to prove to himself that he's correct. However, being logical doesn't mean you are never wrong, obviously Xeno's logic must be flawed but it can be very difficult to prove that to him. This might be a bit of morbid analogy, but it reminds me of what it's like to talk to someone who is suicidal. If you try to argue with them, it can be pretty difficult because they will give you a pretty objective and logical case for why there is no hope for them. But that doesn't mean they're not wrong.

Anyway, I think that that's probably the most problematic trait that Xeno has aside from his anger issues, and I'm not sure that something like that can arise due to stress, so imo it probably existed before he became owner.

#19 Re: Questions and Answers » Question about the state of the game » 2020-05-14 18:50:18

tbh I don't agree with the narrative that Xeno gets mad and makes bad decisions in the heat of the moment. Most of the things he has done that people disagree with may have seemed that way, but if you ask him later he doesn't regret a thing. Even when he rehired LukeM, I'm pretty sure it was Joshua who recommended it to him. I also don't agree that the stress turned him into a tyrant, you don't have evidence for that and personally I would speculate that his problematic traits existed before the stress. At the very least, his anger issues already existed.

I'm not trying to argue that Xeno doesn't deserve any sympathy, but just want to point out that Pqwerty's post is pretty opinionated and not everyone sees it from the same perspective.

#20 Re: Game Discussion » How has Everybody Edits impacted your life? » 2020-05-13 01:02:42

Bimps wrote:

Fail Forums and Bedwar both came from it, which were/are both large parts of my life, so that's epic

Holy **** I miss Fail Forums, those were good times. It's crazy to me that Bedwar is so active, every time I've been in a group chat/server with EE friends, unfortunately it dies after a while.

#21 Re: Game Business » John's Departure » 2020-05-13 00:38:04

Oh I get it, so John's intentions are just for self-benefit, but actually his intentions are good and he wants to help the game, but actually Atilla might be right and he just wants to own the game, but at the same time he is supporting Xenonetix and doing his best to keep Xenonetix in power, however in the end his intentions don't matter because Xenonetix won't change his ways, and it's all John's fault for joining the team.

@Minisaurus did I understand your point?

#22 Re: Game Business » John's Departure » 2020-05-12 01:57:45

Kira wrote:

John you’re honestly an idiot.

The reason why Zoey, BuzzerBee, Ravatroll, Minisaurus and Lukem left was to make Xenonetix realize his faults and poor leadership but you’re basically doing the contrary of “Saving EE” by joining the team and helping with the development.

Someone had to say it, and I will:
You will be treated as poorly as the others
You will not be remunerated, Xenonetix has no money whatsoever.
The game is going nowhere in Xenonetix’s hand, no matter how hard you try to help.

Realize that what you’re doing is just dumb.

What if he's the only one that xeno would be willing to hand the game over to? The only way to save EE is probably by appealing to xeno's "logic". I don't know much about John but he has owned the game previously and worked with xeno back then, though there were apparently disagreements between them which I don't know the extent of.

#23 Re: Game Discussion » suggestion: replace xeno with someone more qualified » 2020-05-08 17:17:52

Well that's a tall order. First we have to find someone that is actually suitable for the role, but they also have to be interested in the project. If this person is talented then they probably have better options financially, so we would have to find someone that is actually passionate about EEU. That is going to be pretty hard to find outside of the community.

I don't doubt that there is probably at least one person in the community that can handle it, but even then we have to convince Xenonetix that they are more suitable to own the game than him. I believe xeno has a genuine sense of duty/responsibility towards the game and he thinks that he is the best person to own the game currently. If you want a new owner then someone has to show xeno that they are equally if not more passionate. The passion should be directed towards saving the game; I don't think the EEW angle of "hey we did what you are trying to do but way faster" is going to work, since it comes across as trying to prove a point (even if there are good intentions beneath that).

Also, as awful as xeno is at managing people, it still isn't necessarily that easy and it's not like anyone can do it, so I think that person would have to show that they are reasonably good with people. Xeno can probably look at EEW and think "wow those devs are more productive than mine", I think he has to be shown someone who can motivate others from an owner/manager position.

#24 Re: Game Discussion » to clear things up a bit » 2020-05-03 14:03:50

Xenonetix after every single staff member leaves and EEW becomes more successful than EEU:

#25 Re: Game Discussion » Xeno can u **** talk » 2020-04-30 14:22:42

peace wrote:

i thknk phina had no intrestign in leaving if it wasnt her comming up for  her follow staf memebers

You are really missing the point. Whether they left or were fired, so many people had a problem with xeno's management. In all cases the conclusion was that they couldn't work together anymore, whether it was xeno who decided that or the member of staff themself. There is one person who is constant throughout this.

But tbh we already knew what type of person xeno was from all of the drama and countless discord screenshots. This just shows the extent of the issue.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1606589759.7268 - Generated in 0.484 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.89 MiB (Peak: 3.01 MiB) ]