Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

supergamefan1337

Text Boxes

I am sure many of you guys have checked out Ben's new tutorial level. You probably noticed it has "text boxes". So far I only say text boxes there, because he created the game, so he can pretty much do anything he wants. But today I found something else. If you go to this level http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAFRK23_Qa0I or http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWAFRK23_Qa0I, you will notice that at the beginning it has a text box that says "Anything". The level is not made by Benjaminsen, it is made by spiderman, who is not a current mod (Signs of mods are rainbow/mod mode, orange username, and superman smiley) Since spiderman is not a mod, he must be atleast an admin since he can use text boxes, but beta's cant. I am also pretty sure that Benjaminsen did not visit the place and ad it for him, because he is usually too busy to actually play his great game. I have seen possible leaked pictures of a text box block being under a section called "admin". That is a reason I think spiderman is an admin.

I am wondering if in the future, possibly until Everybody Edits is completely finished, that text boxes will be released to the public, or atleast the beta's. It is a good ide to be a beta testing thing, but will probably not be released for a while.

Some problems with the text boxes would be: 1. Language - Some people may write bad things on the text boxes, so if they are released, it should have a built-in filter. 2. Placement - Depending on the size of the text, determines how big the box will be. I am questioning how to make the exact placement for text boxes, or if you cannot make them over other bricks. 3. Lag from overuse - Some people may cover the entire map with text boxes causing extreme lag, which may possibly freeze your computer. I would suggest, to prevent this, buying a text box in the energy shop, one at a time, and should not have a "too high" max amount.

Remember, this is just a suggestion incase they actually are released, because they may never be. All we can do is hope they are released :O. Thanks for reading, and keep the comments comming; I want to know what you guys think. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#2 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Re: Text Boxes

spiderman isnt an admin.

Sometimes admins will come to your world and be nice and give you text.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#3 Before February 2015

supergamefan1337

That may be possible, but it may also be possible that you can only use it in your saved world, like portals and coin doors. Another thing, what are the odds of meeting Benjaminsen, and him adding texts in your level.

Last edited by supergamefan1337 (Aug 8 2011 10:40:39 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

RPGMaster2000 does it or Cyclone or Toby

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#5 Before February 2015

supergamefan1337

So currently it is a mod thing only. so Spiderman may have been gifted with it.

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Yes, much like addi and (my definition of) loads of other people. It happens quite often, and people **** about how it's unfair that the admins are doing it in other people's worlds because they don't have text in their own world, although they don't say that. They try and play it off as if they care about anybody else's feelings

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

I think this is what might have happened:

Mod (whichever one it was) :*Enters level*
Spiderman:OMG OMG OMG Hi! (mod's name)
Mod: Hello.
Spiderman: Can you write some text on my level?
Mod: Sure, what do you want?
Spiderman: ... Write anything
Mod: *writes "Anything!"
Mod: XD
Spiderman: Yay! I have text! *dances around*
Mod: Goodbye. *leaves level*

:.|:;

#8 Before February 2015

poke edits

i would really like a mod in one of my levels

#9 Before February 2015

Shift

Admins such as RPGMaster2000, Cyclone and Toby have added text to several worlds they don't own. These admins join worlds all the time, and I'm about 99.9% sure that spiderman isn't an admin. I saw him once, and, well, he's not very "adminly." In addition, all mods/admins (both) have their names in orange text, the superman smiley, and mod-mode. And you're acting like mods are more important than admins, what gives?

Text blocks ARE going to come out. Eventually. Probably. I would also expect it to be beta-only for months.

The text boxes would most likely have the same filter as chat, which blocks a few curse words. The size of the box itself, I'm assuming, would adjust itself to the length of words it contains (it's not like we see a little black rectangle behind it >.>). However, if somebody wrote so much that it could freeze your computer, wouldn't it likely freeze his first? If not, don't go. I completely disagree with your limits.

I just realized that I may be confusing this with the coming "sign" update. Well, I think I have some valid points up there anyway.

#10 Before February 2015

EDJ

shift wrote:

Text blocks ARE going to come out. Eventually. Probably.

You don't know that. I don't think they will ever come out.

#11 Before February 2015

Shift

Yeah that's the part I was going to take out. I was getting it confused with signs.

#12 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Chris has already stated that we'll never get text.   Period.
*cries in a corner*

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#13 Before February 2015

Nico1a5

EDJ wrote:
shift wrote:

They will if Chris thinks about put them only for gems in shop //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#14 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Nico1a5 wrote:
EDJ wrote:
shift wrote:

They will if Chris thinks about put them only for gems in shop //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Gems-only signs wouldn't fix anything.

#15 Before February 2015

Jasonma

could you please just... quit spamming lobbies? u guys keep making text box topics. i've seen over 10 of em so far.

#16 Before February 2015

Nighter

Lol, well have you ever noticed, Chris will put Text for beta only probaly soon or for months of testing.. Cause you know why? Since the Admins are putting text in other peoples levels for just the fun of it. Then he gots to give it out to us to. Anything they put in the game, will come out. Chris lies to us sometimes I think. Yet the ''Sign'' update probaly will never even be. Or it might, well I hope. But we probaly gotta chose, If we want water, or text, or the signs, well I'll post a topic about that.

#17 Before February 2015

Shift

I just realized, you called Chris "Ben."

Nighter wrote:

Lol, well have you ever noticed, Chris will put Text for beta only probaly soon or for months of testing.. Cause you know why? Since the Admins are putting text in other peoples levels for just the fun of it. Then he gots to give it out to us to. Anything they put in the game, will come out. Chris lies to us sometimes I think. Yet the ''Sign'' update probaly will never even be. Or it might, well I hope. But we probaly gotta chose, If we want water, or text, or the signs, well I'll post a topic about that.

I don't think Chris lies to us, at least not often/on purpose, but I also don't think he ever said they wouldn't be released. That being said, why would we have to choose? o.O

#18 Before February 2015

xGBx-PwNzZ

poke edits wrote:

i would really like a mod in one of my levels

Wouldnt we all https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

supergamefan1337 142387997881454

Board footer