Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-18 22:21:24, last edited by John (2024-04-30 19:32:38)

John

Project PixelWalker: EE Multiplayer Remake

Hi all!

I know some of you are missing multiplayer EE, so there's been work on reviving it! The project is called Project PixelWalker which is a working title. The public alpha version is now up and running! You can play it here. When you register, you'll be prompted to verify your email address, and as a welcome gift you'll get a 100x100 world and a 200x200 world! Feel free to join us in the project's Discord server if you wish to provide suggestions, find bugs, and just hang out.

There's a lobby that doesn't use all of your CPU, profiles, and saved worlds! The energy shop will be coming too!

There are plans for dedicated bot support and we will be looking in to a way to move EE worlds over as well in the future.

So check it out and provide feedback!

Here's a video:

PW?scale=2

#2 2024-04-19 22:32:34, last edited by N1KF (2024-04-19 22:34:20)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Project PixelWalker: EE Multiplayer Remake

The game has been updated to 0.3.2-alpha!

edit: Looks like you can zoom in and out with ctrl and + and -.

#3 2024-04-20 20:48:12

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Who made this? NVD's email is in the T&Cs.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2024-04-21 19:56:17

John

Tomahawk wrote:

Who made this? NVD's email is in the T&Cs.

Group effort with NVD/Priddle and I.

Also there's a new update today!

Version 0.4.0-alpha Changelog
  • Added boosts.

• Added invisible portals.

• Added private message command (/pm)

• Changed physics to be more in line with the original game.

• Collected coins are now invisible when you don't have edit.

• Improved in-game minimap performance.

• Fixed world metadata not sending to clients.

• Fixed players being able to send empty chat messages.

• Fixed player rights packet being sent multiple times at once.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2024-04-21 21:20:05, last edited by N1KF (2024-04-21 21:53:09)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Hey, a changelog!

For me, the game's performance tanks when the minimap opens, to around 2-3 FPS in some worlds. Otherwise, the game runs smoothly. I'm using Firefox.

Original rambling

#6 2024-04-21 22:32:28

Priddle

N1KF wrote:

Hey, a changelog!

For me, the game's performance tanks when the minimap opens, to around 2-3 FPS in some worlds. Otherwise, the game runs smoothly. I'm using Firefox.

Original rambling

Well that's not supposed to happen. I just pushed a potential fix. Please let me know if it helps //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#7 2024-04-23 08:19:57

MartenM
Website

Any plans to publish the protocols used to make it easy to develop bots?
I understand that it's probably very subject to change, but that's to be expected.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#8 2024-04-23 20:36:56

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ #programming channel in the Discord has WIP JS, TS and Python bots with bits and pieces of info on the protocol.

You can piece together most of the missing info by searching the game's JS source (using browser Dev Tools) for onInitializedMessage.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#9 2024-04-23 21:00:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

The useful stuff is stuck on Discord, with nobody bothering to link it on the forums. Sadly the norm at this point.

#10 2024-04-23 21:14:27

ExFabian

N1KF wrote:

The useful stuff is stuck on Discord, with nobody bothering to link it on the forums. Sadly the norm at this point.

it is also much more convenient than enabling email notifications and receiving not only news but also replies other people made that don't interest you
just joining the discord server and muting every channel besides the announcement channel is the same thing but with no more bloat

since 2012

#11 2024-04-23 22:08:28

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

N1KF wrote:

Bro it's been 5 days since the game was announced. There's no guide to link.

If someone produces something complete enough to be posted here, I expect they'll share it.

#12 2024-04-23 22:29:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

ExFabian wrote:

it is also much more convenient than enabling email notifications and receiving not only news but also replies other people made that don't interest you
just joining the discord server and muting every channel besides the announcement channel is the same thing but with no more bloat

Discord, not bloated? Then why do I get random popups to buy Nitro, or fiddle with my username? And why are all sorts of wacky animations and reactions that have nothing to do with EE, and are an excuse for Discord to sell stuff to me? These forums are much more accessible, and performance-friendly than leaving Discord open in the background.

Yes, you can get notifications from Discord. But if you go idle for a few minutes, there's a chance you'll miss it. And if you check every time you leave, that just consumes more time than spending a few minutes a day reading forum posts.

Also, this website has an RSS feed.

Tomahawk wrote:

If someone produces something complete enough to be posted here, I expect they'll share it.

You can post unfinished investigations on the forums. I've done this plenty of times. It's much better for data preserval, and not getting your messages lost.

Somebody in the EE TAS channel years ago said they'd make a thread, but they still haven't. Things like that will happen all the time, and neat and useful stuff will get lost because nobody put it on an open platform where it can be archived. And last time I checked, Discord servers can be deleted on a single person's whims. Not promising as a source for info.

Wooted by:

#13 2024-04-23 23:58:21

John

MartenM wrote:

Any plans to publish the protocols used to make it easy to develop bots?
I understand that it's probably very subject to change, but that's to be expected.

Yes in time, right now there are a few libraries that community members have made that can be accesses from the Discord. NOTE: Use at your own risk - verify the source code before using any library to ensure that you're not giving away your tokens.

Discussions about Discord vs the forums would probably be better suited for Debates, and not here. I'll continue to share the changelogs here, but I won't share the libraries here because I didn't create them. If someone else wants to post them they are welcome to. Again, the third party libraries that have been developed so far are community supported, and for use at peoples' own risks (check the source code before giving any auth tokens). Hope that makes sense. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

--

Anyway, another day another game dev vlog update!

Version 0.5.0-alpha Changelog

Additions

• Added local and global switch doors, gates, switches, activators and resetters.

• Added death doors and gates.

• Added a death counter.

• Added the /resetplayer command, to reset a player's progress and respawn them at a spawn point.

• Added the /resetall command, which does the same thing but to all players except for those who are in god mode.

• Added the /reloadworld command, to reload the world from its last save state.

• Added a 10-second cooldown for the /saveworld and /reloadworld commands.

Changes

• Changed the /save command to /saveworld for consistency.

• Changed the /clear command to /clearworld for consistency.

• Changed some block numbers to have shadows.

• The game is now available at https://pixelwalker.net/

Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the kick message and title were reversed.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#14 2024-04-24 15:59:15

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

you should bind Enter key to the submit button on the login/register form so that my lazy **** doesnt have to reach for the mouse

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#15 2024-04-24 18:10:39, last edited by ExFabian (2024-04-24 18:11:20)

ExFabian

N1KF wrote:
ExFabian wrote:

Discord, not bloated? Then why do I get random popups to buy Nitro, or fiddle with my username? And why are all sorts of wacky animations and reactions that have nothing to do with EE, and are an excuse for Discord to sell stuff to me? These forums are much more accessible, and performance-friendly than leaving Discord open in the background.

Yes, you can get notifications from Discord. But if you go idle for a few minutes, there's a chance you'll miss it. And if you check every time you leave, that just consumes more time than spending a few minutes a day reading forum posts.

Also, this website has an RSS feed.

Discord is a popular option for hosting announcements since first of all a lot of people already use it to talk with other people for example, and second of all it has much better organized channels and rules and stuff compared to the forums. I see that this can be annoying for people that don't want to use discord but still want to receive updates and I understand, however you're sadly a very small minority. It is not hard at all to post announcements on this thread too though, so maybe John will keep you updated here too. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile (Or even better - just make the announcements show up in-game too, like with the News tab with flash EE)

since 2012

#16 2024-04-24 21:36:17

John

TaskManager wrote:

you should bind Enter key to the submit button on the login/register form so that my lazy **** doesnt have to reach for the mouse

Noted, good call //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

ExFabian wrote:

Or even better - just make the announcements show up in-game too, like with the News tab with flash EE

This isn't a bad idea, but not sure if/when this will happen.

PW?scale=2

#17 2024-04-24 22:07:56

Edilights
Website

John wrote:

pixelwalker.net took too long to respond.
.... (what)
I like the progress made for restoring the version of multiplayer on this game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#18 2024-04-26 02:03:46

John

Edilights wrote:

pixelwalker.net took too long to respond.

Is it not loading for you?

PW?scale=2

#19 2024-04-26 06:24:59, last edited by Edilights (2024-04-26 20:08:34)

Edilights
Website

John wrote:

Is it not loading for you?

Yes sometimes .
I thank you for the recent fix.
Update : It has a broken email system for password recovery and logging.

#20 2024-04-27 14:45:34

John

Edilights wrote:

Update : It has a broken email system for password recovery and logging.

On my end it looks like you confirmed, so you're all set!

PW?scale=2

#21 2024-04-27 14:49:30, last edited by John (2024-04-27 14:49:46)

John

Almost forgot, another update!

Version 0.5.1-alpha Changelog

Changes
- Added multiple player support for when a private message is going to players with the same username.

Fixes
- Fixed a bug where the coin counters would desync when changing the background block behind a coin.
- Fixed a bug where the server would think a spawn point was removed when changing the background block behind it.
- Fixed input of Sandbox worlds not being sanitized.
- Fixed blocks not placing behind chat bubbles.

Technical changes
- Added endpoint for listing available room types: https://game.pixelwalker.net/listroomtypes
- Added the player ID as the first argument of the `WorldBlockPlaced` message.

PW?scale=2

#22 2024-04-28 00:08:39

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

PixelPilot, a C# bot library for PixelWalker has been published by MartenM. It's under the MIT license, which gives permission to share and modify it.

Wooted by: (4)

#23 2024-04-28 18:31:40

John

New update!

Version 0.6.0-alpha Changelog

Additions

• Added the Minerals package.

• Added the Beach package.

• Added Invisible block to the Secrets package.

• Added the Ninja smiley.

• Added the Santa smiley.

• Added the Worker smiley.

• Added remaining block colors for Basic (incl. backgrounds).

• Added remaining block colors for Beveled (incl. backgrounds).

• Added remaining block colors for Bricks (incl. backgrounds).

• Added remaining block colors for Normal backgrounds.

• Added remaining block colors for Dark backgrounds.

• Added remaining block colors for Checker backgrounds.

• Added remaining block colors for Pastel backgrounds.

• Added remaining block variants for Generic package.

• Added /givegod and /takegod commands.

• Added block inspector for players with edit rights (press I to toggle).

Changes

• Updated textures for the Generic package.

• Newly joined players are now added to the top of the player list.

• Changed the edit command so it will give/take away edit access for all players that match the username.

• Changed the world name validation so more characters are allowed.

• Updated the bad words list.

• Fixes

• Fix block info popups appearing when cursor is outside of canvas.

Technical Changes

• Changed Room Type to pixelwalker4

• Changed palette ID pastel_light_salmon_pink_bg to pastel_red_bg.

• Changed palette ID pastel_light_tan_bg to pastel_yellow_bg.

• Changed palette ID pastel_light_green_bg to pastel_lime_bg.

• Changed palette ID pastel_reef_bg to pastel_green_bg.

• Changed palette ID pastel_light_cyan_bg to pastel_cyan_bg.

• The UpdateRights packet is now broadcast to everyone. First argument is now the player id.

PW?scale=2

#24 2024-04-28 22:24:31

Gosha

There is a minor bug but it makes impossible some minies that are possible in ee
So you know when you flip a switch while standing in a switch door, you can still freely move around in that door until you move out of it?
Well, while you are in that door, you should be example to exit that door and enter a switch gate, but you can not:
https://i.imgur.com/R865WIC.mp4

also when you are using picker tool on a portal, you only copy its ID but not target

also small request just for fun: block picker on void should give you black block

#25 2024-04-28 22:29:13

Gosha

also PLEASE do not add a lot of blocks or missing colors to packages.
I have a strong opinion that adding a lot of options in choice of blocks for builds kills creativity at a wider scale and breaks simplicity of the game.
note that i am not saying to not add new blocks at all, but please keep it as simple as possible. and 100% no hex block

Wooted by: (3)
Minimania1714762538799291

Board footer