Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2024-03-23 13:12:32

Bobithan

Re: πŸ•πŸ•‘πŸ•’πŸ•“πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56 (Clock Mafia) πŸ•–πŸ•—πŸ•˜πŸ•™πŸ•šπŸ•›

I think more discussion about babysitter stuff is a waste of time. We need to figure out who to vote out today not argue about mechanics

aka towwl

#52 2024-03-23 19:03:49

Schlog

Bobithan wrote:

Also schlog we are not nolimming today. Generally just a bad idea outside of extremely except8onal circumstances. Getting everybody's votes in + a reveal at the end of the day is a lot of information to work with even if we do miss

idk, i still don't think it's the play

if we don't get a d2 hit after n1 the game could just end on d3, and it could be even worse if it's an important town role that ends up getting sacked

but you are right, lynching someone would give us information, i just don't like how random it feels right now

#53 2024-03-23 19:19:28

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

take this with a grain of salt bc it’s D1 but i’m leaning town for pqwerty, tbh i thought more about their reasoning for babysitter claiming and it’s actually a smart move imo

are you willing to share why you also think a babysitter claim would help the town, please?

Pqwerty already explained it. i don’t agree that babysitter should claim, i was just pointing out that i thought Pqwerty was town because i don’t think it’s something mafia would’ve brought up

!vote N1KF

n1kf is pretty neutral to me rn so i would be okay with this elimination. at any rate i would like to see the reaction to this

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#54 2024-03-23 19:33:01

Zumza

BuzzerBee wrote:
Zumza wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

take this with a grain of salt bc it’s D1 but i’m leaning town for pqwerty, tbh i thought more about their reasoning for babysitter claiming and it’s actually a smart move imo

are you willing to share why you also think a babysitter claim would help the town, please?

Pqwerty already explained it. i don’t agree that babysitter should claim, i was just pointing out that i thought Pqwerty was town because i don’t think it’s something mafia would’ve brought up

Sorry?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#55 2024-03-23 21:08:54

Pqwerty

Zumza wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
Zumza wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

Sorry?

I think he’s saying it’s reasonable for me to think babysitter should claim but he personally doesn’t want them to?

#56 2024-03-23 21:19:08

Pqwerty

I like N1KF’s reads and Zumza feels active enough to call town. I don’t understand Buzzerbee’s vote on N1KF because posting reads is not nothing. Maybe it’s a processor Buzzerbee team?

#57 2024-03-23 21:19:14

Zumza

I don't know if I'll be able to log into the forums to notice a follow up from Buzzerbee / Pqwerty, as I'll most likely be sleeping.
There are around 8 hours till D1 completes, and looking at the state of the game I hardly think we will have a lynch at the end of the day, unfortunately.

Pqwerty & Buzzerbee comments on the Babysitter are absolutely ridiculous from a town alignment, in my opinion. A babysitter claim would be an extraordinary advantage for the mafia, as it would nullify the role, and possibly manipulate it to work in their favor. Yet, they both seem to fail to see that.

Such a bad management from the mafia is very strange, but I can't rule out the possibility of a reverse psychology tactic: "mafia can't make such obvious mistakes, therefore the other person surely is not mafia".

Having to pick between them is very hard, as one might had make a mistake (?). However, the possibility that they both did the same mistake doesn't seem right.

I think of Buzz more highly for him to make such a mistake as town so:

!vote BuzzerBee

In the very unlikely scenario where Buzz gets lynched and flips Town, I think the best course of action would be to PR on Pqwerty (maybe I, maybe you who is reading this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink).

Also if there's no lynch today, and there's no kill by tomorrow, I don't think the blocking PR (if we got one) should claim, because I feel a frame up to be very likely in this scenario where they try to uncover the PRs.
No lynch / kill doesn't hurt us, and if everyone makes a scum ranking tomorrow we will be in a better spot than now.

Good night! and good luck if I get murdered...

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#58 2024-03-23 22:04:57

Pqwerty

Idk Zumza I still like the idea of a babysitter claim. But if you don’t like it we can just agree to disagree and not do it.

!vote BuzzerBee

I don’t like how they said N1KF was a nothing slot. I like N1KF’s reads

#59 2024-03-24 00:15:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
From: α€ͺα€ͺα€ͺα€ͺα€ͺ From: α€ͺα€ͺα€ͺα€ͺα€ͺ From: α€ͺα€ͺα€ͺα€ͺα€ͺ
Website

Under 5 hours remain. I might vote BuzzerBee if we need to kill somebody.

I think I'll look more into how people are interacting with each other. Remember that Mafia has daychat so they very well could try to manipulate the day 1 discussion.

Votes
  • 2 - BuzzerBee: Zumza, Pqwerty

• 1 - N1KF: BuzzerBee

• 1 - Processor: Bobithan, Zumza, N1KF

• 1 - Schlog: Edilights, N1KF

• 0 - Edilights: Zumza

• 0 - Zumza: Bobithan

Correct me if I messed something up.

#60 2024-03-24 01:23:01

Bobithan

@n1kf you incorrectly crossed out my vote on zumza but that wont be relevant since im changing my vote this post

reads:

Zumza: probably town actually. making good arguments and poking at things to make progress in the game, very pro-town activity throughout the day.
n1kf: kinda neutral actually. good activity at least
pqwerty: Town enough for now
schlog: serving inexperienced townie vibes
buzz: i can see zumza's case for a red buzz and would be open to him being the elim tonight. very inconsistent about position on mech/mech talk. 
me: i got a pm that said im town
edilights: i have absolutely no idea
processor: made 1 post. i know proc is experienced with mafia so he clearly posted "what is a vanilla townie" as a joke, and the joke is that he's signaling that he got a role pm saying he's a vanilla townie & asking in the game thread what that is. which I read into as a subtle scummy misdirection
diff: also made 1 post and also that post was quite similar to proc's: just asking about the game setup. so basically nothing. bleh

buzz and proc are my top choices for now. I think I would be least surprised to see buzzerbee flip red so I guess i'll vote there

!vote buzzerbee

aka towwl

#61 2024-03-24 01:23:15

Schlog

N1KF wrote:

Under 5 hours remain. I might vote BuzzerBee if we need to kill somebody.

I think I'll look more into how people are interacting with each other. Remember that Mafia has daychat so they very well could try to manipulate the day 1 discussion.

Votes
  • 2 - BuzzerBee: Zumza, Pqwerty

• 1 - N1KF: BuzzerBee

• 1 - Processor: Bobithan, Zumza, N1KF

• 1 - Schlog: Edilights, N1KF

• 0 - Edilights: Zumza

• 0 - Zumza: Bobithan

Correct me if I messed something up.

(a bit offtopic but i appreciate the summaries you're putting out)

#62 2024-03-24 01:39:05

Schlog

i really don't see the value of a d1 lynch, i feel like it'll just end with 2 dead townies and the same amount of information on day 2 as if there was only 1 from an overnight kill

towwl can you explain in case im just not understanding something

#63 2024-03-24 02:12:19

Pqwerty

I mean, if we aren’t going to have the bs claim if they exist, a no vote into bs dying while protecting someone doesn’t just end the game in 2 days. Personally I think Buzzerbee is suspicious enough to take the risk on him because of his vote on N1KF.

But yeah no vote is a safe play but I can understand why.

It’d be nice if Buzzerbee would come back to explain the vote on N1KF tho so we can see if no vote is a good idea or if we have enough of a case on Buzzerbee

#64 2024-03-24 02:43:59

Bobithan

Votes are the only town aligned eliminations that happen in mafia and town doesn't get many of them. Scum can kill but they can ONLY kill town, so we need to take as many chances as we can get. also more information is always good, even if we hit town d1 we can look at the flow of votes throughout the day and try to find anything fishy. Not eliminating gives us very little to work with the following day

2 simple example games where town mislynches twice in a row:
vote somebody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 6 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 5 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 4 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 3 town 2 mafia (do or die)
vote nobody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> nolynch -> 7 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 6 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 5 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 4 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 3 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 2 town 2 mafia (scum wins)

in the first situation even after missing twice in a row, we still have an opportunity to save the game with 2 scum out of 5 remaining players. If we don't eliminate today, we can only mislynch once before a mislynch ends the game with a scum victory

It's basically never the right idea to not lynch day one, especially with an odd number of players. The PRs in the 9:12 setup aren't nearly influential enough to change that argument, I would not be surprised at all if the PRs this game end up not mattering.

I feel like pqwerty should know all of this since I gather he's experienced with this game so I'm a little suspicious that he's so keen here on not lynching tonight

aka towwl

#65 2024-03-24 03:01:59

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

2 hours remain. And Bobithan basically ninja'd me on explaining why a day 1 execution may be preferred, as I had to do some digging to remind myself how it works.

I hope BuzzerBee returns so they can respond.

I guess I should get to work making a chart or something of the interactions between players.

#66 2024-03-24 03:22:37

Schlog

Bobithan wrote:

Votes are the only town aligned eliminations that happen in mafia and town doesn't get many of them. Scum can kill but they can ONLY kill town, so we need to take as many chances as we can get. also more information is always good, even if we hit town d1 we can look at the flow of votes throughout the day and try to find anything fishy. Not eliminating gives us very little to work with the following day

vote somebody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 6 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 5 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 4 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 3 town 2 mafia (do or die)
vote nobody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> nolynch -> 7 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 6 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 5 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 4 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 3 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 2 town 2 mafia (scum wins)

in the first situation even after missing twice in a row, we still have an opportunity to save the game with 2 scum out of 5 remaining players. If we don't eliminate today, we can only mislynch once before a mislynch ends the game with a scum victory

It's basically never the right idea to not lynch day one, especially with an odd number of players. The PRs in the 9:12 setup aren't nearly influential enough to change that argument, I would not be surprised at all if the PRs this game end up not mattering.

I feel like pqwerty should know all of this since I gather he's experienced with this game so I'm a little suspicious that he's so keen here on not lynching tonight

i hadn't really done the math on it but those flow charts make it pretty clear, yeah

my first thought was that it might go against the original idea of keeping days as long as possible to ensure that mafia doesn't have as much time but then i realized that it would benefit the whole game equally

no other comments on that, since we're going for the vote my top 3 picks would be:
1. processor: he still has not contributed to today's discussion in any significant way, i'm pretty sure he has a history of mindgaming so maybe the scrub claim was a bluff
2. edilights: seems like he's been very volatile this entire time, randomly voting people with no real explanation
3. diff: not necessarily suspicious, but more like a safe bet since he hasn't really said anything

i can understand the sentiment for buzzerbee, though - if he wanted to lynch someone who seems to be neutral, then why not pick someone who hasn't participated? they're technically neutral too, lil sus tbh

in any case we're kinda low on time and buzzerbee has 3 votes so ill cast mine on him as well

!vote buzzerbee

#67 2024-03-24 03:39:08

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:

i thought more about their reasoning for babysitter claiming and it’s actually a smart move imo

BuzzerBee wrote:

i don’t agree that babysitter should claim, i was just pointing out that i thought Pqwerty was town because i don’t think it’s something mafia would’ve brought up

Emphasis added. Is this backpedalling?

#68 2024-03-24 03:41:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

oh goofy me, Zumza pointed that out in post #54. I should have at least checked a few posts ahead.

#69 2024-03-24 03:56:45

Pqwerty

Bobithan wrote:

Yknow I think you’re right. Again im just worried about a potential babysitter but that’s only like a 1/12 chance or something similar so yeah let’s just vote and hope there isn’t a babysitter to potentially ruin things.

#70 2024-03-24 04:04:15

Pqwerty

I’m thinking it’s me, bobithan, Zumza and N1KF town and we just vote among everyone that’s left tbh. It seems like it’s Buzzerbee and Processor as the mafia but Edilights, Schlog, and Diff haven’t posted a ton.

#71 2024-03-24 04:09:12

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Under an hour remaining.

If Different55 or Processor don't post again day 1, it should be a high priority to get their feedback day 2.

Pqwerty wrote:

Again im just worried about a potential babysitter but that’s only like a 1/12 chance or something similar so yeah let’s just vote and hope there isn’t a babysitter to potentially ruin things.

All but one power role have a 3/12 chance, so triple that. Mafia Rolecop is on the clock twice, so it has a 6/12 chance.

#72 2024-03-24 04:13:55

Pqwerty

Ah right so I guess I should be worried more about a mafia rolecop. Tbh the fact that there’s a 50% chance of a mafia rolecop makes processor look worse.  claiming VT

#73 2024-03-24 04:14:45

Pqwerty

Edit: processor looks worse that they claimed VT*

#74 2024-03-24 04:38:35

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

22 minutes remaining. My summary is done.

Search for Scum

#25 Bobithan says Schlog is probably town. Still holds this position on #60.

#30 Edilights votes Schlog without explanation. #34 Zumza votes Edilights for not explaining. #60 Bobithan has no idea on Edilights. #66 Schlog puts Edilights as #2 voting pick, describing them as volatile for not explaining votes.

#46 N1KF posts Scale o' Scumminess, with Proc on top and Pqwerty on bottom (based on "pretty much nothing").

#60 Bobithan posts town reads. Suggests Zumza, pqwerty, and Schlog are town. The rest are covered in other paragraphs.

#60 Bobithan points out Diff did nothing but ask the game setup. #66 Schlog describes him as "not necessarily suspicious, but more like a safe bet" to be voted on (vote pick #3).

#70 Pqwerty thinks Bobithan, Zumza, and N1KF are town.

Setup and Strategy

#11 Zumza backs off on setup discussion (see the babysitter section), want more opinions. #13 Bobithan says something similar and #17 BuzzerBee agrees. #51 Bobithan discourages it again.

#32 N1KF asks if day 1 should be ended early. #38 Schlog suggests ending early after discussion. #39 Bobithan analyzes and suggests longer days are better.

#48 Schlog discourages day 1 vote. #50 Bobithan counters. #52 Schlog counters. #62 Schlog talks about it more. #63 Pqwerty considers it. #64 Bobithan explains this, finds Pqwerty suspicious. #65 N1KF appears to be also be in defense of day 1 vote. #66 Schlog accepts Bobithan's math, and #69 Pqwerty does too.

#59 N1KF reminds people that Mafia has daychat.

BuzzerBee and the Babysitter (and pqwerty)

#10 Pqwerty proposes Babysitter Claim. #13 Bobithan discourages BC and role talk. #20 Pqwerty pushes for BC and role talk. #23 Zumza discouarages BC. #43 BuzzerBee leaning town for pqwerty, saying BC is a "smart move". #49 Zumza asks for clarity. #53 Refers to pwerty's post, but backpedals saying he "doesn't agree" with BC. #54 Zumza confused by that. #55 Pqwerty defends BuzzerBee. #69 Pqwerty still worried about babysitter, but admits chances are low.

#53 BuzzerBee votes N1KF for being "pretty neutral". #56 Pqwerty likes N1KF's reads; states they don't understand BuzzerBee's votes on N1KF. Suspects Processor/BuzzerBee team. #66 Schlog understands the sentiment on BuzzerBee, calling him sus and "technically neutral too".

#56 Pqwerty says Zumza "feels active enough to call town".

#57 Zumza ROASTS THE BC WITH FACTS AND LOGIC, stating a BC would benefit the Mafia a whole lot. Votes BuzzerBee. #58 Pqwerty STILL likes the BC, but in a twist, votes for BuzzerBee over the N1KF comment. #59 N1KF "might vote BuzzerBee" if needed. #60 Bobithan has BuzzerBee has top suspect, and votes him. #63 Pqwerty describes BuzzerBee as suspicious. Pqwerty and #65 N1KF still want to hear from Buzz.

Processing Processor's Post

#33 N1KF calls out Processor for lurking.

#36 Processor asks what a Vanilla Townie is. #40 Bobithan votes him for "softclaiming vt", and #41 Zumza votes as well trusting Bobithan.

#42 Schlog defends Processor, suggesting he's "just trolling". However, in #66 Schlog changes Proc to #1 vote pick. Schlog suggests from his "history of mindgaming" that Proc's VT claim may be a bluff; calls him out for not significantly posting.

#44 N1KF votes for Processor, wanting him to "post something more substantial". #45 Bobithan votes Zumza; states if Proc is green then at least one of Zumza or N1KF is Mafia. #47 N1KF asks to clarify. #50 Bobithan still leans to Proc as Mafia, but decides the bandwagon is sus like everything else. In #60 Bobithan still holds his position.

#72 Pqwerty now worried about Mafia Rolecop, says it "makes Processor look worse that they claimed VT"

Wooted by:

#75 2024-03-24 04:46:48

Bobithan

havent read all that yet but n1kf i think you should hammer buzz its nearly end of day

aka towwl

Wooted by:
Gosha1712315725799165

Board footer