Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-20 10:28:11

Angel0
Brand New Member

will ee! even release

i guess it fades to void

Username: ANGELO
Joined around late 2011

#2 2023-10-20 14:01:15

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Re: will ee! even release

no

#3 2023-10-20 16:19:33

Zumza

Seven months the current administration decided they shall not communicate with the community anymore until EE! is released.
We have no information regarding the pace at which EE! is being developed.
Many community members believe that the game is not being developed anymore.

Recently me and a couple of friends decided to make a game that is compatible with EE maps. This game will be multiplayer and playable in the browser, and I believe it would be ready in a few weeks from now.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#4 2023-10-21 04:30:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

According to mutantdevle in 2023 February, it "may be months or even years".

mutantdevle wrote:

We have spoken about a timeframe for the game’s release internally; however, we do not have any dates that we wish to commit to publically. Therefore, do not expect any updates from us any time soon. It may be months or even years before we are ready.

Zumza wrote:

We have no information regarding the pace at which EE! is being developed.
Many community members believe that the game is not being developed anymore.

This is misleading. We know, at least from eight months ago, a general idea of the pace development was being made.

mutantdevle wrote:

More than 60% of all assets are finished - smileys, a portion of the accessories, quite a few tilesets & packs, some auras, etc. We’re excited to see audio play a significant role in EE!, but not much progress has been made there so far. But, slowly, we are making progress towards finalising everything.

Programming is close to being finished but has been halted for a while. The two Ukrainian developers we had left, who were mentioned in our previous update, are no longer working on the game. We do not wish to go into details about why because that is between them and their families. As mentioned last time, other members of our team either fled Ukraine at the start of the war or are living in Russia. Their situations have not changed, and they are understandably unable to return to working on the game.

I don't know who the "many" community members are that Zumza is referring to, or what basis they have for the belief that the game is not being developed. If the game ceases development, it will be announced as well:

mutantdevle wrote:

We do not anticipate giving any updates sooner than this for any reason other than the worst-case scenario of cancelling the game.

The Staff team includes long-time trusted community members such as Minimania and mutantdevle. They are not receiving funding from us, so there is no incentive to keep people waiting for nothing.

We've known this for eight months. Quality video games with stable online play, in a 1.0.0 release can take years to make, especially when a war and a pandemic hit. Right now we're at about 2 and a half years, as the game announcement was in 2021 February.

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2023-10-21 12:07:55

Zumza

Well at least the EE! staff & Anna's "special cookies" keep doing the scout work of reassuring the optimism. Apart from them you won't really see anyone truly believing in EE!.
You only have to read the topic titles of the first page of Game Discussion or enter any Discord to get a grip on reality,

#6 2023-10-21 21:10:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zumza wrote:

Well at least the EE! staff & Anna's "special cookies" keep doing the scout work of reassuring the optimism. Apart from them you won't really see anyone truly believing in EE!.

For context: I have the GGRiD's Special Cookies role on the now archived EE server. I'm not under any contract or responsibilities related to the new EE. (I'm technically a Wiki Mod but I haven't touched that in years.)

I don't know why exactly I'm a special cookie, or how it's decided. I've hyped up EE plenty, but I've also made one of the most substantial, critical threads of the current EE Staff. The Staff have also expressed not wanting to communicate until they are ready to release a trailer, and I'm not doing that either. They're not a monolith, and I don't think we can pinpoint a single approach to a group of people.

You only have to read the topic titles of the first page of Game Discussion or enter any Discord to get a grip on reality,

Topic titles don't mean much. The people with problems are the most vocal, and this is a very common pattern.

Yes, I'm concerned about the amount of time it's taking the develop the game. But we should at least be able to identify where that is, and where we're just leaping to conclusions out of frustration.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2023-10-22 13:29:37

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

As a special cookie I must say I know as much as you do and can only go off speculations and rumours spread throughout the community

Not today...

#8 2023-10-24 17:05:28

Cyral

Zumza wrote:

I believe it would be ready in a few weeks from now.

This is just as funny as the whole ee! thing

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#9 2023-10-24 18:46:32

Zumza

Cyral wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I believe it would be ready in a few weeks from now.

This is just as funny as the whole ee! thing

How much are you willing to bet? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Zumza1698169592798126

Board footer