Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

I'm Kinda Dissapointed...

Well obviously there has been a huge boom in the Bot-Making field of Everybody Edits (which I didn't even realize was a field until I noticed how popular bot/macro creating had become).

You guys are missing the point of Everybody Edits. Everybody Edits has become Everybot Edits. Bots aren't bad but when they become overused they will be just as horrible as stairs. If you make a creative bot, here are somethings you should definitely do:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Don't let ANYBODY download it. Not even your "crew" members. Why? Because most crews are just random people who join to get a little more confidence in themselves and their level making. Sound familiar? Well if your crew breaks up because it isn't solid grounded, your idea for a bot will just spread and you won't get any credit.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile If a bot has already been made, use a different, more creative idea. Yeah! Snake Boss is fun! But we all want new things. And if you create something original, we want to see it!

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Stay within your comfort zone. Don't go making a bot that makes an entire great world change block by block as it floats you in the air while you're being pushed different directions, etc... . Just make something you know you can do and that everyone will like.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Don't ask Cyph1e. He wont tell you nothing.

Last edited by BuzzerBee (Sep 23 2011 10:14:28 pm)

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#2 Before February 2015

editman2323

Re: I'm Kinda Dissapointed...

bots... you mean like the rainbow one that guy created? i have an idea for one but i don't like them... anyways this is my idea, you can click players and drag them against their will! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#3 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

yes yes YES!!!!! Im getting really sick of bots, if you wanna make a bot, use an original idea...

#4 Before February 2015

tailschao

i want to make a bot, where you put a smiley, and you make a slide for it each time, and on each slde you'd make a different smiley on each file (optional) , and then it switches between __ time. Of course, I am pathetic, and I have no fliping idea how to make a bot.

#5 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

I'd love to see more creative bots; I'd love to make them too, but I can't even begin to learn how to code. I just stare at the screen for five seconds and think, "screw this" and do something else. 1xd1

#6 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

^This haha.

I could say I don't know where to begin but that would be a lie.

It's just learning C and C++ is too complex.

TdQRyz3.png

#7 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I've said this before, bots and macros. Cancer. EE is dying down pretty fast looking at the room list.
HOWEVER, bots for trusted people to !kick !loadlevel, that is a good idea and wouldn't harm much.

Last edited by ?tilla (Sep 24 2011 3:12:12 am)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#8 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I agree.. I frikin see bots everywhere... Its annoying as ****

#9 Before February 2015

Cyral

I like making bots, but I dont share them, just with one of my friends IRL so far tried

Autoclickers - Successful, got pretty advanced ones, just can lag alot, etc
Packet Sending - Meh working on it (forever it seems like)
Client - Im trying to make a client to connect to ee now and do stuff
Dll Injection - Ummm.... I have no idea where to start

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#10 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

EE Beast wrote:

I like making bots, but I dont share them, just with one of my friends IRL so far tried

Haha. DLL Injection. I don't think you'll need that unless you're looking forward for some pretty big things.
Client? Yeah, that's probably the 2nd easiest other than autoclickers.
Autoclickers. Yep, cancer. slow, un-needed, unwanted just like bots (which I acknowledge you're trying to make)
Packet Sending. Hm, I've done lots of this beforehand. It is REALLY hard for people who have no idea about winpcap or TCPclients, etc.

Anyways, making a complex bot for EE with these kinds of methods will take you atleast 9 months if you're a good programmer.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#11 Before February 2015

Cyral

?tilla wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

Haha. DLL Injection. I don't think you'll need that unless you're looking forward for some pretty big things.
Client? Yeah, that's probably the 2nd easiest other than autoclickers.
Autoclickers. Yep, cancer. slow, un-needed, unwanted just like bots (which I acknowledge you're trying to make)
Packet Sending. Hm, I've done lots of this beforehand. It is REALLY hard for people who have no idea about winpcap or TCPclients, etc.

Anyways, making a complex bot for EE with these kinds of methods will take you atleast 9 months if you're a good programmer.

Practical bots, like banlist, kick guest etc.. not bots that everyone will be running around so they can use silly commands or whatever

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#12 Before February 2015

capasha

?tilla wrote:

9 months for a good programmer? That seems overkill to me.
It took me a week to make a bot with some help and researching. And I'm not even good at programming.

Now we aren't talking about a macro like pugmatts or a autobuilder that using mouse clicking. This is with connections.
I haven't come to the point to draw bricks in EE yet. I'm only at the basics. So maybe it's not a complex bot yet.
You can do so much. And I still need to learn more about the programming language.

If I want. I can add !kick, !restart, !load, !save. I can also add so the bot is saving the world each x minutes.
But I don't think I will release it to the public. I think it will go private to people I can trust.

Last edited by doh (Sep 24 2011 6:40:26 am)

#13 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Its annoying seeing the kids spam and ruin ee, i want a seperate website for forum users. That would be bliss.

#14 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

doh wrote:
?tilla wrote:

9 months for a good programmer? That seems overkill to me.
It took me a week to make a bot with some help and researching. And I'm not even good at programming.

Now we aren't talking about a macro like pugmatts or a autobuilder that using mouse clicking. This is with connections.
I haven't come to the point to draw bricks in EE yet. I'm only at the basics. So maybe it's not a complex bot yet.
You can do so much. And I still need to learn more about the programming language.

If I want. I can add !kick, !restart, !load, !save. I can also add so the bot is saving the world each x minutes.
But I don't think I will release it to the public. I think it will go private to people I can trust.

9 months using methods for scripting using autoit or w.e
I've made a lot of things that connects to the game, but I've never been able to make it join a room successfully.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#15 Before February 2015

BillyP

?tilla wrote:

Actually, DLL injection is highly likely to be used when attempting to send packets to the game.

Detours makes packet sending extremely easy.

Last edited by BillyP (Sep 24 2011 9:41:51 am)

#16 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

People say C and C++, couldn't you make a better bot with java?

#17 Before February 2015

Oldschoolgamer

i had the awesome thought of one bot i'd call a "nyan" bot, but i dunno if it was doable //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue you can guess what it would do :3

You thought I was dead?
So did I.

But I still exist.

#18 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

^^Hmmmmm....*thinks*.....i got nothing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue is it a block changer? nyan cat :3?

#19 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

?tilla wrote:

I've said this before, bots and macros. Cancer. EE is dying down pretty fast looking at the room list.
HOWEVER, bots for trusted people to !kick !loadlevel, that is a good idea and wouldn't harm much.

What you consider cancer other people consider improvements.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#20 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

SmileyZ wrote:

People say C and C++, couldn't you make a better bot with java?

*facepalm* //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

TdQRyz3.png

Buzzerbee142388446276970

Board footer