Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

The word 'Box Minis' used negatively

5MiLo.png

People seem to tremble and immediately think 'NOOBY' when someone mensions box minis <This quite clearly shows that they arent aware that not all box minis are 'nooby'. Because in my opinion there are two types of 'Box minis', 'Pro' box minis and 'nooby' box minis. I will explain in the next few paragraphs.

'NOOBY' Box Minis
So basically this is what i would consider a nooby box mini world:

llxTb.png

That^ a world cramed together with grids/boxes. The mingames in the boxes are boring and really easy to do. They will most likely consist of: block jumps(basic jump on one block to another block), tight fits, hooks, mini mazes, dotted paths, elevators ect. <basically a hell load of nooby minis. This is the sort of 'Box Minis' that are kinda considered 'Nooby' and not fun to play.

Now.....

'PRO' Box Minis
This is what i would consider a pro minis world:

j5XHd.png

That^ a few box minis spread out and it is optional in what order you do them in. The minis consist of tough, challenging but enjoyable minis. This is what is considered 'pro' and is what alot of people would kinda prefer to see. ( if you really want to make box minis )

As you can see they are both box minis^ but there is a huge skill differance needed to make them. Because if you think about it all minis are box minis these days, there just not all are in a box. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Credits:

Majora- 'Nooby Box Minis' world (no offence) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Master1- 'Pro Box Minis' World

Last edited by MRBOOGAWESOME (Sep 26 2011 12:33:42 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Oturan

Re: The word 'Box Minis' used negatively

I myself love making boxminis :3 I think they are the most fun kind of minis.

#3 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

What kind? The kind considered nooby?

EDIT: the world in your profile 'shadow gate' is a pro minis world if thats one of the worlds you were talking about.

Last edited by MRBOOGAWESOME (Sep 26 2011 12:37:07 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Oturan

Nah I like to use the small cramped space, but still making original minis. That's the kind of boxminis I like^^ Got a few more like that hiddem

Last edited by Oturan (Sep 26 2011 12:37:43 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

DK Levels

I don't mind box mini's as long as they are ment to be in boxes, and are in boxes on the map...
If there are black box mini's on an artsy map, then that's just clearly a problem, even if they are good, it just doesn't feel like an adventure...
Also, if the map looks pretty, why stop at the map and not care about the screen looking pretty too?

#6 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

I personnaly dislike the whole nooby box minis concept, wether it looks pretty or not. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Just opinion. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#7 Before February 2015

Panic

Oturan wrote:

Nah I like to use the small cramped space, but still making original minis. That's the kind of boxminis I like^^ Got a few more like that hiddem

I agree. I'm used to cramped spaces where I just stick stuff in. I have a pointless level that I gave up on that is just box minis...

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#8 Before February 2015

Master1

Yay you put my level on there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and also you just gave me an idea for another one of my epic minigame worlds!!!

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#9 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

but my 400 box minis pwns everyone elses!

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#10 Before February 2015

Cyral

I dont think box minis are nesaseraly nooby, they just got a bad rep as they are usualy filled with hookjumps, and unoriginal minis, although some (like master1s) are very good

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

MRBOOGAWESOME 142388462576807

Board footer