Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Dazz

Music atmosphere

I know this will never be an option on EE, because of copyright laws unfortunately. but I can't stop to imagine how cool would be if we could emit music in our levels to create a certain atmosphere, imagine a Halloween level, with some effects, or imagine a romantic art level, or just listen some random music together, without being able to abuse the sistem.   what do you think? I think even stairs levels would be fun to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue (jk)

Last edited by dazz (Oct 18 2011 7:36:39 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Calicara

Re: Music atmosphere

Oh yes. I can imagine it now. Rainbow Minigames with Nyan Cat playing in the background X3

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

SpamGirl has a point. And there is the copyright. But there's no copyright on sites like www.newgrounds.com/audio/. (This next part would kill Chris if he ever read it) As long as you don't charge people to listen to it, that is.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I don't know how the legality would work out even with noncommercial licensing from NG. Because Beta is paid, technically people would be paying to listen to the music, even if that isn't the reason they bought it. Chris would have to contact and make legal arrangements with each individual artist whose song he wanted to use. It'd be a lot easier to take submissions from the community or get original (or already made) songs by RPG.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Don't make it beta-only is what I was sayin' dere.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

I was just thinking of this when I was playing my guitar yesterday. I thought about how cool it would be if I could record something I play on the guitar and have it play in the game. I made up 3 or 4 cool little "spooky" sounding riffs that I thought would be perfect for the Halloween contest.

Last edited by Greenzoid2 (Oct 18 2011 8:08:54 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Dazz

yeah..upload mp3, free, no laws, no abuse, and all possible next week //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

hehe good one Failgirl //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#8 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Different55 wrote:

Still, the game is commercialized through Gems. Even if the music is free to listen to, being part of a commercial game may still require consent from the artist. I don't know enough about these kinds of matters to say for sure though.

#9 Before February 2015

Dazz

Supadorf24 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Still, the game is commercialized through Gems. Even if the music is free to listen to, being part of a commercial game may still require consent from the artist. I don't know enough about these kinds of matters to say for sure though.

how about a composer sistem ? like on cellphones.

#10 Before February 2015

Calicara

Spamgirl... that sounds lovely.

Anyways, the other issue with music is people might upload songs with profane language. I need not name any, but there are plenty of songs with the F-word, and the N-word, which is

A) A bad influence on little kids

and

B) Could cause civil, or even perhaps violent disputes. Perhaps someone plays a religious tune, and a strong hearted atheist enters the level. Perhaps someone is playing a profane tune, and a stingy old lady type person comes in.

My point is that it their wouldn't be just copyright infringement issues, it would also cause social issues, and (possibly) economic for Chris, if people quit because of the music selection.

#11 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

1) You can only upload your own music.

2) Must agree to some special agreement saying that once you upload your music, Chris now part-owns it or something

3) No lyrics at all.

4) Music must be approved by admin/moderator prior to being added to creator's "music list"

5) Anything else?

Last edited by Greenzoid2 (Oct 18 2011 9:09:57 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

Dazz

Failgirl101 wrote:

Spamgirl... that sounds lovely.

Anyways, the other issue with music is people might upload songs with profane language. I need not name any, but there are plenty of songs with the F-word, and the N-word, which is

A) A bad influence on little kids

and

B) Could cause civil, or even perhaps violent disputes. Perhaps someone plays a religious tune, and a strong hearted atheist enters the level. Perhaps someone is playing a profane tune, and a stingy old lady type person comes in.

My point is that it their wouldn't be just copyright infringement issues, it would also cause social issues, and (possibly) economic for Chris, if people quit because of the music selection.

yes I totally agree, we all know this is not going to happen tomorrow or anytime soon, so..besides Im obsessed with rules, especially for kids, I hate when they are exposed to...well...bad influence. But still you can't say this is not something you would enjoy, as a option on EE. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#13 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

I see nothing wrong with this, except:

Nub levels = Nub music.

99% of ee = Nubs

99% of music on ee = Nub music

amount of players leaving > amount of players staying

#14 Before February 2015

Calicara

I would most definitely enjoy this feature just as much as the next person, but, like everything else cool, there is just too many ways to abuse it.

My only suggestion is if Chris added pre-made music. But then he would have to make the tracks, get music players, and it would just be a ton of work. But is Chris ever gets around to such notions I would rather enjoy listening to music seasonally //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Calicara (Oct 18 2011 8:58:02 pm)

#15 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Failgirl101 wrote:

I would most definitely enjoy this feature just as much as the next person, but, like everything else cool, there is just too many ways to abuse it.

My only suggestion is if Chris added pre-made music. But then he would have to make the tracks, get music players, and it would just be a ton of work. But is Chris ever gets around to such notions I would rather enjoy listening to music seasonally //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Or we could have administrator's approve user-made music before letting them use it in game.

#16 Before February 2015

Calicara

But, or course knowing Chris, he wouldn't want to go through the trouble of hiring music moderators, so being the lazy man he is, he would just hire someone, or just RPGMaster2000, to make pre-made tracks.

#17 Before February 2015

Dazz

Failgirl101 wrote:

But, or course knowing Chris, he wouldn't want to go through the trouble of hiring music moderators, so being the lazy man he is, he would just hire someone, or just RPGMaster2000, to make pre-made tracks.

RPGMaster2000 makes great music, he could discuss with Chris about this, maybe they agree //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Dazz142388804073392

Board footer