Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

So...you don't wanna get trolled. Then come on in!

Rumor has it that your levels get trolled a lot.   Let me let you in on a little secret: it's because they're bad.   Yep.   Just over 90% of the times that levels get trolled, it's someone thinking "This level sucks, let's get rid of it!"   So here's three easy steps to prevent that from happening!

1. Follow the Tips on What Not to Do by Chimi.   Most levels that get trolled have at least one of those elements.

2. Don't put the code in your level.   Ever.   If you put it in there, even if it's impossible to get to, someone WILL see it, and that someone WILL troll.
Corollary: Don't make your code obvious.   1111, code, pass, lol, and the like are all obvious codes.   The best codes are alphanumeric, like enjYYHIh39r8eiuG7Uj.

3. Don't act like a noob in the chat.   Use proper grammar, limit spelling errors, don't flame (be mean to) people, don't use too many 'offensive' words, etc.   Just use common sense.

There you go!   Follow these three steps EXACTLY and you're on your way to being troll-free!

Last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (Nov 29 2011 7:17:55 pm)

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#2 Before February 2015

ani

Re: So...you don't wanna get trolled. Then come on in!

Some people might not speak English as their first language so give some leeway and don't say "U R NUB BECUZ CANT SPEK ENGLISH LOLOL"

:<

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#3 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Well, if you don't speak English, either speak in your native language or use a translator.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#4 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Well, if you don't speak English, either speak in your native language or use a translator.

Translators suck. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

As for your steps, I agree with them and you put them well. I do truly hope a noob reads this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#5 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Any suggestions for the name?   I can change it, ya know.   Anything I can add or take away?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#6 Before February 2015

ani

What? Use a translator? Are you kidding me?

If the majority of players can only speak english, and a person wants to communicate to him, speaking fluent chinese but broken english, do you think they would use a bloody translator to speak to everyone? and whats the big deal if i speak like this? you can still read it fine, evn if i mis a few lettrs or miispell sum.

I think you're just nitpicking.

also

Don't put the code in your level.   Ever.   If you put it in there, even if it's impossible to get to, someone WILL see it, and that someone WILL troll.

lol sorry just sounded ridiculous =p

inb4ICANTELEPORT

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#7 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

Add number 4, don't have an easy to guess code like 1234, 4321, 123098 ect.

#8 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Really someone already said the final and true answer. I dont know who he is but he said "DONT WRITE THE COD ON THE LEVEL!". That's the most correct answer.

#9 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Well, that was me.

FuzzySocks wrote:

If the majority of players can only speak english, and a person wants to communicate to him, speaking fluent chinese but broken english, do you think they would use a bloody translator to speak to everyone?

I did say that speaking in your native language was better than broken English.   Lrn2read

And I can teleport.   Just sayin'.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#10 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Telepooping is for nubhax0rs, just sayin', and nobody uses codecracker (I think.)
people trolling levels is funny now since there's the save features, kick features, etc.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#11 Before February 2015

calculusguy

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Well, that was me.

FuzzySocks wrote:

If the majority of players can only speak english, and a person wants to communicate to him, speaking fluent chinese but broken english, do you think they would use a bloody translator to speak to everyone?

I did say that speaking in your native language was better than broken English.   Lrn2read

And I can teleport.   Just sayin'.

Wut. Lol at all the people who didn't -rep 32 for "Rude" (this means you are awesome, orton). I have several trolled reps just for telling someone "lrn2read".

ONTOPIC: Well, not argueing, but people kind of understand broken english, but if you speak, russian for example, you need to use that special keyboard, and people don't understand you and have to use a translator.
TLDR: Broken english>Other languages.

#12 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Since when does two lines call for a tl;dr?

Anyways, if you speak Russian, your family probably does too, and you probably have that special keyboard.   And broken English isn't better, IMO.   If you want to see what they said, either translate it or give them a link to a translator.   Otherwise, you know, don't read it.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#13 Before February 2015

smileyxp

my tip on how Not to get trolled.

1.don't give away the code to just anybody (don't be a dumb***)
2.????
3.Profit!!

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#14 Before February 2015

Hammy120

PO people with fake code 1bigsmile1

32OrtonEdge32dh142389431767115

Board footer