Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-03-20 19:57:26

hopperkk
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 35

Revival Idea

I'm sure you're all aware of the few players that come on..
It's a shame what's going on now, but it'll blow over eventually. Just thought I'd pop in with an idea that may help revive the site. I've been on quite a few MMOs/Sandbox games, and the best way to make light of a new/interesting game is by featuring it on a large YouTube channel. While I'm sure there aren't users that would have such an audience, there would be one other way, and that is...

A video contest!

Not only would it showcase the game, but it'd also get some activity going throughout the community. And I'm sure the admins would be happy to make a smiley for entries/winners. :-)

Cheers,
hop cool

Offline

#2 2017-03-20 21:54:43

Raphe9000
Member
From: DramaAlert Nation
Registered: 2015-03-16
Posts: 253
Website

Re: Revival Idea

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.


"A hundred thousand days
Of front-page paper events,
A half dozen major wars,
And forty-five presidents.
"
-Robert Frost (1942)
?type=loginstreak&name=Raphe

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-20 22:31:42

hopperkk
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 35

Re: Revival Idea

Raphe9000 wrote:

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.

Sorry, I know my wording isn't the best at times, but I try to get my message across in the most effective way(s) possible.

Offline

#4 2017-03-20 23:06:30

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Registered: 2015-03-01
Posts: 3,787

Re: Revival Idea

well that could be interesting, however theres already tons of videos about EE on youtube and they dont help the game much, if that's what you're suggesting

hopperkk wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.

Sorry, I know my wording isn't the best at times, but I try to get my message across in the most effective way(s) possible.

your wording is actually pretty pretty good


uNct3sf.png
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy
ayy lmao

Offline

Wooted by:

#5 2017-03-21 01:22:19

hopperkk
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 35

Re: Revival Idea

maxi123 wrote:

well that could be interesting, however theres already tons of videos about EE on youtube and they dont help the game much, if that's what you're suggesting

hopperkk wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.

Sorry, I know my wording isn't the best at times, but I try to get my message across in the most effective way(s) possible.

your wording is actually pretty pretty good

Thanks! smile
But I guess it varies from person to person. I'm always trying to improve my vocabulary, so I could see words that may not fit with the sentence...
Anywho, back on topic.. What do you think?

Offline

#6 2017-03-21 01:30:36

N1KF
Member
From: Happiness Hall
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,080
Website

Re: Revival Idea

maxi123 wrote:

well that could be interesting, however theres already tons of videos about EE on youtube and they dont help the game much, if that's what you're suggesting

Single world releases don't help the game become much more active, but a contest does! I imagine the same would apply to videos. With a contest, these YouTube videos would be given a lot more attention than they normally would. Plus, this would encourage people to create high-quality videos (unlike the vast majority of low-quality videos there are of the game).

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2017-03-21 01:43:25

Raphe9000
Member
From: DramaAlert Nation
Registered: 2015-03-16
Posts: 253
Website

Re: Revival Idea

hopperkk wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

I hated this proposal as I started reading it, but it is actually a really good idea. It would help the game a lot or at least an okay amount.

Sorry, I know my wording isn't the best at times, but I try to get my message across in the most effective way(s) possible.

It's actually because it gave me the "12 y/o Minecraft YouTuber" vibe. However, it is not.


"A hundred thousand days
Of front-page paper events,
A half dozen major wars,
And forty-five presidents.
"
-Robert Frost (1942)
?type=loginstreak&name=Raphe

Offline

#8 2017-03-21 07:00:41

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Registered: 2015-03-01
Posts: 3,787

Re: Revival Idea

N1KF wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

well that could be interesting, however theres already tons of videos about EE on youtube and they dont help the game much, if that's what you're suggesting

Single world releases don't help the game become much more active, but a contest does! I imagine the same would apply to videos. With a contest, these YouTube videos would be given a lot more attention than they normally would. Plus, this would encourage people to create high-quality videos (unlike the vast majority of low-quality videos there are of the game).

I guess that makes sense


uNct3sf.png
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy
ayy lmao

Offline

#9 2017-03-21 20:35:38

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,147
Website

Re: Revival Idea

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.


DmFIchxUFF.png
a.php5?meaningful=content&happydiff=inconclusive

Offline

#10 2017-03-21 23:44:37

hopperkk
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 35

Re: Revival Idea

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites and sees up to 500% growth after having such a contest. It works, and will bring in the users. Just saying...

Offline

#11 2017-03-22 01:10:20

Evilbunny
Member
From: The bottom of my heart
Registered: 2015-02-25
Posts: 1,102

Re: Revival Idea

hopperkk wrote:

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites

I'm curious what games this has worked for


Evilbunny (in cursive)

Offline

#12 2017-03-22 01:42:53

Firecrackericebreak
Member
From: Earth
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 345

Re: Revival Idea

lets not forget my video attempt

Offline

Wooted by:

#13 2017-03-22 03:14:58

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,147
Website

Re: Revival Idea

hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites and sees up to 500% growth after having such a contest. It works, and will bring in the users. Just saying...

It's temporary, and most people would leave just as has happened with the 1,000,000+ users that have played Everybody Edits.


DmFIchxUFF.png
a.php5?meaningful=content&happydiff=inconclusive

Offline

#14 2017-03-22 12:09:26

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Registered: 2015-03-01
Posts: 3,787

Re: Revival Idea

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

lets not forget my video attempt

i came, i saw, i cringed


uNct3sf.png
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy
ayy lmao

Offline

#15 2017-03-22 16:38:16

hopperkk
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 35

Re: Revival Idea

XxAtillaxX wrote:
hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites and sees up to 500% growth after having such a contest. It works, and will bring in the users. Just saying...

It's temporary, and most people would leave just as has happened with the 1,000,000+ users that have played Everybody Edits.

Sure, with the way things are now, but if the devs stepped up and made more engaging updates, I'm sure the users would stay.

On a side note, as I said from the get go, all it takes is for one big YouTuber to start playing, and you bring in a heap of new players that will stay.

Offline

#16 Today 00:53:09

Holy2334
Member
Registered: 2015-02-27
Posts: 39

Re: Revival Idea

hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
hopperkk wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Well, that's not really a solution the underlying issues. In reality, there's an influx of unique registrations, which is indicative of lacking the incentives necessary to sustain growth.

I can name off many examples of this having worked on many different sites and sees up to 500% growth after having such a contest. It works, and will bring in the users. Just saying...

It's temporary, and most people would leave just as has happened with the 1,000,000+ users that have played Everybody Edits.

Sure, with the way things are now, but if the devs stepped up and made more engaging updates, I'm sure the users would stay.

On a side note, as I said from the get go, all it takes is for one big YouTuber to start playing, and you bring in a heap of new players that will stay.

This is true

I guess the other thing as a last ditch effort would be to get the game on steam, where there is a whole new market of players there like every other flash dev that has done so, but at this rate we may never see this game head out to steam.


EEShorts
Creator of EE Shorts Series
(Picture made by Mawkm)

Offline

#17 Today 09:59:41

oranj
EE Homegirl
From: Hell
Registered: 2015-03-14
Posts: 473
Website

Re: Revival Idea

someone pay pewdiepie to play ee


f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

Offline

oranj1490345981652006

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1490371074.8537 - Generated in 0.050 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.33 MiB (Peak: 1.54 MiB) ]