Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-03-08 19:45:59

LukeM
Website

Re: What has been going on?

SmittyW wrote:
Nou wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'd like most for you to answer what sets you aside from the rest of the team that have been productive whilst you've done nothing at all besides collect a pay cheque?

While it may seem like little work, coordinating everything actually takes a huge amount of time and energy. Especially in the beginning when I first joined as a mod the team was pure chaos, everything being a mash of spam in a single Skype group. I started to apply structure and order which was surprisingly hard to done as it was clear none of them had ever worked in proper project groups. When it was finally OK-ish I cancelled my summer holidays to work on EE, and so I did,  micro-managing 12 hours or more almost every day, the entire holidays. All this hard work has finally paid off and management now takes much less time and energy, but it still does.

You took an entire summer to organize a Skype group? Not exactly something to be proud of...
All it takes is a group chat, a repository, and scheduled meetings. I don't think the micro-managing 12 (That's right, TWELVE) hours a day is necessary.

I dont think he means organising the skype group, He means it was all organised using a skype group, and thats a bad thing, so he changed it.
Also, although it may only take that sort of thing now (probably a bit more, but for the sakes of this point, we can ignore that), It would take a lot of effort to actually set up all of that, especially when everyone is used to next to no organisation. It takes a lot of time to get people into a new system, more so if they have never actually been in a programming team before EE

#52 2017-03-10 01:29:54

AK712

I'm really afraid that this is exactly what I've been saying for years, although no one has listened to me, and now look where we are.

In all reality, a game isn't about the progress it makes. It's about the people. There are many games out there that have had no progress for a very long time, but they still have quite an active community. Why? Because the people stick together. They rarely fight, but when they do, they settle it with help from others inside the community.

This game just hasn't had a stable enough community. Everyone has been fighting. Relations between staff and players has gone basically nowhere, and has even grown worse. Ideas from the community are rarely taken.

Even if games WERE about progress, we have to admit that EE just isn't "new" or "creative" anymore. There are more and more level editor games that have made vast improvements on EE. It doesn't help that we've had very little happen, although I do thank the developers, artists, etc. for what they've been able to accomplish.

Sad to say, there is a time when a game must give up the fight, for the sake of its players. It's been fun, but I think all of us would do better to find new, exciting games with more inviting communities. It's time to say goodbye to EE.

O4DmNuI.png

Wooted by: (3)

#53 2017-03-10 02:43:43

Prodigy

Interesting how people just give up on this. They don't understand that other actually have a life outside of a simple game. They ask for updates but they don't know how long it would take to get one out depending on a game's revenue.

h0qIF0q.png

#54 2017-03-10 02:59:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

AK712 wrote:

Even if games WERE about progress, we have to admit that EE just isn't "new" or "creative" anymore. There are more and more level editor games that have made vast improvements on EE. It doesn't help that we've had very little happen, although I do thank the developers, artists, etc. for what they've been able to accomplish.

Sad to say, there is a time when a game must give up the fight, for the sake of its players. It's been fun, but I think all of us would do better to find new, exciting games with more inviting communities. It's time to say goodbye to EE.

I joined the game years ago when it was very popular, and that popularity has been declining ever since.

I was excited to meet new people and make some friends online. Then when many of my friends turned out to be account-stealing liars, and my opinion of the community has been declining ever since.

I was very excited for the potential of this game when I first joined, but the activity of the community as well as my inspiration to create has been declining ever since.

This game was nice and polished when I first found it, and it has been declining ever since.

Everything's going down!

Let us take a moment to wave goodbye to this community

an-angry-mob.png

and look at the sunset

african-sunset-photography.jpg

as we hear the muffled cries

of those who are upset with their lives

and spread their bitterness around this community

for the very last time

but maybe

just maybe,

there is a miracle yet to come

and a great rebirth to witness.

ac1bd5cbf97f39f8d67eb759204364a4.jpg

Everybody Edits is Fred

#55 2017-03-10 03:35:40

SmittyW

AK712 wrote:

In all reality, a game isn't about the progress it makes. It's about the people. There are many games out there that have had no progress for a very long time, but they still have quite an active community. Why? Because the people stick together. They rarely fight, but when they do, they settle it with help from others inside the community.

Name 1 game where updates aren't important and isn't sustained by mod packs.

I always thought EE was unique. That's why I played it for so long. I can't think of any other 2d multiplayer sandbox platformer that exists. I don't count terraria because it's focus is on survival, more so than minecraft which is 3d.

#56 2017-03-10 03:46:43

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

SmittyW wrote:
AK712 wrote:

I always thought EE was unique. That's why I played it for so long. I can't think of any other 2d multiplayer sandbox platformer that exists. I don't count terraria because it's focus is on survival, more so than minecraft which is 3d.

I agree with this. While I'm sure you could probably find some 2D live online level editors, I doubt you could find any that have gravity arrows. It's a very simple thing, but makes this game's worlds unique from nearly any other game I've played. If a game doesn't have gravity arrows, it isn't a suitable replacement in my opinion.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#57 2017-03-10 11:27:26

Hostage
Banned
Website

SmittyW wrote:

I can't think of any other 2d multiplayer sandbox platformer that exists. I don't count terraria because it's focus is on survival, more so than minecraft which is 3d.

platform racing 2

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#58 2017-03-10 16:06:57

LukeM
Website

Hostage wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

I can't think of any other 2d multiplayer sandbox platformer that exists. I don't count terraria because it's focus is on survival, more so than minecraft which is 3d.

platform racing 2

That isnt a sandbox game, (it has a set goal, winning the race)

Wooted by:

#59 2017-03-10 16:27:03

HG

destroyer123 wrote:
Hostage wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

platform racing 2

That depends on the type of level that you want to make. A level must not explicitly have a finish block, as well as an EE world must not explicitly have a trophy.

Wooted by:

#60 2017-03-10 16:42:36

LukeM
Website

HG wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
Hostage wrote:

platform racing 2

That depends on the type of level that you want to make. A level must not explicitly have a finish block, as well as an EE world must not explicitly have a trophy.

As far as I remember though (and I might be wrong), there was always a time limit, so there were a lot more constraints than EE, so I still wouldnt really call it a sandbox game.

Also the way I read it was that SmittyW meant (2d (multiplayer sandbox) playformer rather than 2d multiplayer (sandbox platformer)), in which case it wouldnt be one, because the actual sandbox bit isnt multiplayer

Wooted by:

#61 2017-03-10 22:18:46

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

i like how everyone just ignored my post

Wooted by:

#62 2017-03-11 00:30:24

Guest.

can you please remind me why dream was modded again

#63 2017-03-11 01:39:37

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

Ernesdo wrote:

nou ran out of ideas

Wooted by:

#64 2017-03-11 01:44:20, last edited by dcomet (2017-03-11 01:52:47)

dcomet

Ernesdo wrote:

Darkcomet

D, R, E, A, and M
DARKcoMEt

Dream co.

Oh my nou

who cares about a useless T anyway

wait...

the label block is a T

oh my nou

CW: this can only mean one thingOwnership of EE is being handed to Dream.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#65 2017-03-11 03:33:10

Pingohits
Banned

DarkComet wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Darkcomet

D, R, E, A, and M
DARKcoMEt

Dream co.

Oh my nou

who cares about a useless T anyway

wait...

the label block is a T

oh my nou

CW: this can only mean one thingOwnership of EE is being handed to Dream.

where's the K you doof

791mAP8.png

#66 2017-03-11 05:06:08

Bimps

inb4 unity is released and it causes a **** of confusion somehow and makes the remaining userbase not on the forums very confused and actually kills the game

Wooted by: (2)

#67 2017-03-11 05:44:27

Xfrogman43

Speaking of Unity, Chrome doesn't support it and FireFox is going to get rid of it soon as well (idk if soon but S2 whatever that is) and all that will be left is IE11 and Safari, but who really uses those?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#68 2017-03-11 05:57:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Speaking of Unity, Chrome doesn't support it and FireFox is going to get rid of it soon as well (idk if soon but S2 whatever that is) and all that will be left is IE11 and Safari, but who really uses those?

If I recall correctly, Unity will be used mainly for the downloadable version and ports to other systems. The browser versions will be HTML5, which is even more user-friendly than Adobe Flash as it requires no program downloading to use. If anything, UnitEE will be an upgrade from what we already have.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#69 2017-03-11 07:37:59

Xfrogman43

N1KF wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:

If I recall correctly, Unity will be used mainly for the downloadable version and ports to other systems. The browser versions will be HTML5, which is even more user-friendly than Adobe Flash as it requires no program downloading to use. If anything, UnitEE will be an upgrade from what we already have.

So all unity games will magically me transformed into HTML5? Is that what you are saying?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#70 2017-03-11 11:44:30, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-11 11:51:18)

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:

Wait a sec... Where did you hear that?
If it's true, then that would be great news //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Edit: I've just done a tiny bit of research, and it seems like this is a thing you can do :O
It does use WebGL instead, but that's now part of most browsers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#71 2017-03-11 13:34:48, last edited by Different55 (2017-03-11 13:36:08)

Different55
Forum Admin

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Unity can export to html5. No clue if the playerio stuff survives the transition but I haven't heard anything saying it doesn't yet

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#72 2017-03-11 17:57:22

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

destroyer123 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

If it's true, then that would be great news //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Here

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#73 2017-03-11 19:16:40, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-11 19:22:22)

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Here

Oh ok... I guess I must have just skim-read over that bit
This sounds great though, I thought that we were going to need to download Unity just to play... which is one of the reasons flash games are dying
I am now definately behind this update, and think this is the best thing they can possibly be doing at the moment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
I know Nou is being moaned at a lot, but he really does know what he is doing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Edit: Also does anyone know if this means that you can also convert the Unity version of PlayerIO into javascript? Im assuming it does, but would think that if you could, somebody would have already made a javascript bot...
If this is possible then this would be great for the bot community... Bots that run in your browser, without needing some wierd flash thing that allows them to work

Edit 2: I have no idea how I missed that... Its in bold red text and everything...

Wooted by:

#74 2017-03-11 19:19:57

skullz17

destroyer123 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Here

Oh ok... I guess I must have just skim-read over that bit
This sounds great though, I thought that we were going to need to download Unity just to play... which is one of the reasons flash games are dying
I am now definately behind this update, and think this is the best thing they can possibly be doing at the moment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
I know Nou is being moaned at a lot, but he really does know what he is doing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But that's just their plan for unitEE, and it has been since it was announced. This doesn't change anything, the problem is they're not following through with expectations.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#75 2017-03-11 19:23:55

LukeM
Website

skullz17 wrote:

But that's just their plan for unitEE, and it has been since it was announced. This doesn't change anything, the problem is they're not following through with expectations.

I know nothing has changed, but im pretty sure they are doing it, just slowly.

Doodle1489810536651380

Board footer