Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-15 00:19:41

Dazz

My brick hurts!

Everytime in EE's history someone came to complain in a detailed manner it was considered as ''E drama'', In my opinion it was always some of the most idiotic way to refuse a complain from a user, except when it was really idiotic....

So let's get to my idiotic drama.

At first I was happy and amazed by this and it was actually an amazing step forward once Nou came into picture as an admin, also, the new staff too but lately, slowly, things I don't agree with were and are still adding up, I usually don't like to complain but I'm starting to cringe when I see these things happening and as days are passing it makes me hate this game and this forum more and more.

First, this is getting boring and it kinda makes me lose faith in this game, changing mods, guardians, beta, clubs, golden, nvd, brian, poorly announced contests, as a user you really don't know what the heck to expect anymore from this game. Really.

Guys with all my respect! I appreciate your work and all but get your sh*** together, this is not funny at all. And also , nothing personal with benje and zioxei but heck, this game is slowly turning into a web of friends of friends of friends doing favors to each others while everyone has to accept whatever you guys decide in your little club.

You should know by now users prefer neutral users, especially after what happened lately, most of the users find this unfair,,,you know well why after so many years, we all know it why and it would be fair to just ask a neutral to join the  team. We live sad times, why make it worse?

Also, I'm getting sick of this, (read this: I AM NOT AGAINST BOTS BUT sincerely;) you freaking killed this game with all these bots and this inequality between users, no wonder this game gets less and less players yet again, all your friends of friends of freieeeends (not mentioning names) have their levels in featured levels category with over 200 likes, even the tutorials levels have likes that are impossible to beat by ANY user, (why they have likes? beats me.)

More to say, why the levels added as campaings have likes? again beats me. You think that's fair? heck, open ANY level and force it open 24/7 may it be black and lets see how many likes it gets, beat that! I bet it will win anoyone giving it the right amount of time.

Not to mention the filled levels with bots, sure they are freaking fun! freaking add some of these options to EE, at least everyone gets to enjoy them, instead of having to beg like losers bots on forums and be ridiculed because they can't build a bot,,,,''haha'', like everyone gets this gene of sparkling inteligence.

Ok guys we get it, you're smarter than these users and stuff (have to be honest), heck you all made some great bots (I'm serious, you really did!), it's true but boy, some of you sure like to rub it in their face...and as Peter Griffin said,,,''this really grinds my gears'' because I've never seen any reaction from the staff to protect a little the normal users...EVER, you know, the muggles....I mean give them a chaaaaaance and a braaaake at least if you want them around. F***.

Like how the heck do you guys expect ANYONE to have ANY courage, inspiration, or even feel like builing a level when they have to compete with a ton of likes and bots over and over and over again. How long are you going to tell yourself that bots are not harming the game? sure it's nice and all but...HI! other users are here too! Sorry to destroy your little labs.

I know, I know, each and every one of those who love to use or make bots will tell me this is cra*, it is? of course it is because you have to defend your pleasure, I understand you but also I have to say and you know it: No, sir! the bots were never meant for this game and you changed the purpose of this game so did everyone who let you use them starting with Benjaminsen to NOU.

Should you block them or anything? heck NO! but think at the other users too, don't expect creativity from them when they are in an unequal battle, don't expect users to want to build levels just for the sake of building, it won't work... look around...users are just ''meh''.

I know the game is in trouble right now and stuff but after, if it will ever happen and EE goes to Unity, maybe, someone will think a little at this too and organise and give some attention to some of these issues so everyone can enjoy a little the game with some equal rights.

I don't wan't to say more, I might offend people and I don't want to. (That is if I didn't yet, SORRY!) Just want to say,,,UGGH! THIS GAME could be and do so much more than it  can today, and thanks to some...it kinda did to a point but thanks to others it kinda failed and we are all here hoping it will resurrect like a phoenix and it doesn't because we are too ''idiots'' to admit things are not the way they seem to be and much more...It's a nice game...it has a great potential...in the right hands and the right mind.

#2 2016-04-15 00:30:13

SmittyW

Re: My brick hurts!

Nice blog.

Don't be intimidated by bots and likes I guess? You say they are all good and fun but then you say they are killing ee and now my brain is confused and hurt and you are making me sad

#3 2016-04-15 00:38:37

Dazz

SmittyW. wrote:

Nice blog.

Don't be intimidated by bots and likes I guess? You say they are all good and fun but then you say they are killing ee and now my brain is confused and hurt and you are making me sad

They are nice and good and fun but look around, it's just an illusion that unfortunately just few users can enjoy it. It does make me sad too.

#4 2016-04-15 00:55:58

Null
Website

regarding the bots and likes part, I think you should stop treating it like a competition. Having a bot assisted level surely does wow some players into more likes, but then there are so many great maps from people like forum users here that are vanilla, but still great and get popular. (you can also figure out your audience. Kids love Minecraft, and I just saw a Minecraft map with a whopping 707 likes.)

Again, don't worry about how many likes and favs the more popular levels have. Just have fun and enjoy the time you've got with a map up top the online list. If it's good, likes will come.

[only logs in here when drunk]
EE Pics
______

#5 2016-04-15 01:07:27

Abelysk

I agree with the likes part, but...

About the bots...

I don't even know how to program but from what I see botcrafting is great practice. It lets players delve deeper into the realm of programming by achieving the unachieved. It isn't about being "cool", but perhaps there ARE programmers here who brag about just that. Capasha is an example of a programmer who doesn't brag - ever. I won't point names to those who do brag.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2016-04-15 01:45:01

Lictor666

I don't think bots is a problem (others guys before me well explained why).
Same for tutorials, it have nothing to do with this.
But yes there is a serious problem of inequality between users.

your little club

When the spring contest was announced, I spoke to a random guy in a level. He was convinced that the judgment would be biased, that'll see the same winners that we alway see, judged by the same players we alway see. And to him, the community is "bad". Bad because we stay in what I called the "EE sphere" (the hype community of EE, old players, and like you say friends of friends of friends). And players just stay with the same players, and that excluded others, new one particurally.
That's for me the real problem.
The game give the impression that somes players are something, and the rest nothing.
This is just frustrating for new players.

I mean give them a chaaaaaance

Like how the heck do you guys expect ANYONE to have ANY courage, inspiration, or even feel like builing a level

After this conversation with this guy, I was afraid of this.
And it's true, when I log myself with the alt, the game become different.
But what we can do ?

Remove likes from campaigns levels and tutorials, ok, but that'll not change something imo.
Make a vote system for mod ? That'll just be a popularity contest between EE sphere people.
I tried to find a way to break the EE sphere without result.
I thought to mutual aid system, where random players help random one, a system of mentoring between old and new players,
But there was alway an issue (I shoudl say issueS).

I pretty sure the EE staff know this.
Yes we can continue to write blocks of text pointing to the same problems. But we should start looking for solutions no ?

So Dazz, what do you propose ?

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2016-04-15 21:56:12

skullz17

This is regarding your concerns about finding it difficult to compete with others, and finding little motivation to continue as a result. I think it's all about promoting yourself, but also finding your audience - if the people who are interested in your worlds don't know that you exist, how will your worlds get any likes? I say that because the way things currently work, is that if a world is made by a popular player, people are more likely to be interested in playing it. So in a way, I think a part of success in EE is about reputation. Once people know who you are, and what to expect from you, then things will be much easier (this is called finding an audience). I think another problem is that many new players simply don't make good worlds, so people aren't interested. If they could somehow get some feedback, they could improve. But how do we actually solve these problems? I have a couple of ideas:

1) Bring back the featured tab. For some reason, I remember a lot of people wanted to kill it. There was probably a good reason, but I don't know remember what it was. But I know that I disagreed with it. I like the featured tab because it allows players' levels to be promoted, and potentially receive some feedback in the form of a review.

2) In-game feedback/review system. I want there to be way where we can leave comments, or some sort of feedback where the owner can have a look at it later. To avoid spam, each player can only leave one review per world (there should probably be additional better anti-spam measures taken though). If the level has been posted on the forums, we can leave feedback there, but what about the users that don't use the forums? We can also leave feedback in the in-game chat, but what if the owner isn't there? This idea would be good because it allows anyone to easily receive feedback and potentially improve; right now, pretty much the only good platform for receiving feedback is the forums, which not everyone uses. Extension of this idea: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=30243

And that's all I have. One's for promotion, and another's for feedback.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#8 2016-04-16 08:55:53

Emma333

EE's system is corrupt, we need a revolution!
Gone with the bourgeoise!
Comrad Emma is ready to serve you.
Z2Gy64N.png

Pm me with anything math related please

#9 2016-04-16 13:14:15

Kira

Emma333 wrote:

Z2Gy64N.png

No comment.

#10 2016-04-16 13:29:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Emma333 wrote:

Z2Gy64N.png

i thought the postman was hitler

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#11 2016-04-16 15:00:07

Emma333

Kira wrote:
Emma333 wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Z2Gy64N.png

No comment.

Comments: 'No comment.'

See everyone? THE BOURGEOISE ARE LIARS! TO GULAG WITH THEM!!!!
Dear comrads, the right time for the revolution is NOW!

Pm me with anything math related please

#12 2016-04-16 15:38:47, last edited by Dazz (2016-04-16 15:40:15)

Dazz

Null wrote:

regarding the bots and likes part, I think you should stop treating it like a competition. Having a bot assisted level surely does wow some players into more likes, but then there are so many great maps from people like forum users here that are vanilla, but still great and get popular. (you can also figure out your audience. Kids love Minecraft, and I just saw a Minecraft map with a whopping 707 likes.)

Again, don't worry about how many likes and favs the more popular levels have. Just have fun and enjoy the time you've got with a map up top the online list. If it's good, likes will come.

Null, I was generalising, at this point I couldn't care less about any likes. Just saying, from my point of view, at this point the game has lost the essence of what EE was. And as long as others are playing a game, the actual game and others are interfering with the game and the users and this is not merged so everyone can have a fair start, there will be always discrepancies.

Kefka wrote:

I agree with the likes part, but...

About the bots...

I don't even know how to program but from what I see botcrafting is great practice. It lets players delve deeper into the realm of programming by achieving the unachieved. It isn't about being "cool", but perhaps there ARE programmers here who brag about just that. Capasha is an example of a programmer who doesn't brag - ever. I won't point names to those who do brag.

It might be great but... EE is a game, programming is something else, most users playing EE are here just for that.

Lictor666 wrote:

I don't think bots is a problem (others guys before me well explained why).
Same for tutorials, it have nothing to do with this.
But yes there is a serious problem of inequality between users.

your little club

When the spring contest was announced, I spoke to a random guy in a level. He was convinced that the judgment would be biased, that'll see the same winners that we alway see, judged by the same players we alway see. And to him, the community is "bad". Bad because we stay in what I called the "EE sphere" (the hype community of EE, old players, and like you say friends of friends of friends). And players just stay with the same players, and that excluded others, new one particurally.
That's for me the real problem.
The game give the impression that somes players are something, and the rest nothing.
This is just frustrating for new players.

I mean give them a chaaaaaance

Like how the heck do you guys expect ANYONE to have ANY courage, inspiration, or even feel like builing a level

After this conversation with this guy, I was afraid of this.
And it's true, when I log myself with the alt, the game become different.
But what we can do ?

Remove likes from campaigns levels and tutorials, ok, but that'll not change something imo.
Make a vote system for mod ? That'll just be a popularity contest between EE sphere people.
I tried to find a way to break the EE sphere without result.
I thought to mutual aid system, where random players help random one, a system of mentoring between old and new players,
But there was alway an issue (I shoudl say issueS).

I pretty sure the EE staff know this.
Yes we can continue to write blocks of text pointing to the same problems. But we should start looking for solutions no ?

So Dazz, what do you propose ?

Everything you said it's like deja vu, he's not the only one to think that, about biased competitions, about these groups of friends that exclude the new users, etc, this is not new unfortunately, it's something usual here since forever....

''I thought to mutual aid system, where random players help random one, a system of mentoring between old and new players'' This is actually a good idea if polished. 

I can't propose anything, my ideas are poor, I can only imagine what a user would want in this game and all I can think of, users would like to be acknowledged and to have a reason to build in a fair way, without this, users especially new young ones are like any young person is, gelous, competitive and get upset really fast and easy, that's how is see them quitting one by one after just two weeks or a month.

skullz17 wrote:

This is regarding your concerns about finding it difficult to compete with others, and finding little motivation to continue as a result. I think it's all about promoting yourself, but also finding your audience - if the people who are interested in your worlds don't know that you exist, how will your worlds get any likes? I say that because the way things currently work, is that if a world is made by a popular player, people are more likely to be interested in playing it. So in a way, I think a part of success in EE is about reputation. Once people know who you are, and what to expect from you, then things will be much easier (this is called finding an audience). I think another problem is that many new players simply don't make good worlds, so people aren't interested. If they could somehow get some feedback, they could improve. But how do we actually solve these problems? I have a couple of ideas:

1) Bring back the featured tab. For some reason, I remember a lot of people wanted to kill it. There was probably a good reason, but I don't know remember what it was. But I know that I disagreed with it. I like the featured tab because it allows players' levels to be promoted, and potentially receive some feedback in the form of a review.

2) In-game feedback/review system. I want there to be way where we can leave comments, or some sort of feedback where the owner can have a look at it later. To avoid spam, each player can only leave one review per world (there should probably be additional better anti-spam measures taken though). If the level has been posted on the forums, we can leave feedback there, but what about the users that don't use the forums? We can also leave feedback in the in-game chat, but what if the owner isn't there? This idea would be good because it allows anyone to easily receive feedback and potentially improve; right now, pretty much the only good platform for receiving feedback is the forums, which not everyone uses. Extension of this idea: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=30243

And that's all I have. One's for promotion, and another's for feedback.

I know skullz17 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I've been through that already, others didn't but that's just it, right now as the game is, you can barely get up, it's just too hard, it's hard with experience and all but for others it's almost impossible to know who you are or what you do. Until these users find any audience they are more likely to quit imo.

I really, really believe that motivated users can really build some awesome levels only if they would have the chance to be known more and it wouldn't take hours or days, it's just too much at this point and it's really hard to impress anyone with art or gameplay, you have to come with something really smart like Badoosh and Toop did or idk...and not even those levels are very appreciated by users, despite the titanic hard work behind it. I don't know what motivated them to build them, really I don't, maybe because at a certain age  15-21 you have more patience but that's not the case with evey user and I can't blame them, heck, what's the point,  here comes x or y and builds an entire or half of it in just two minutes with a bot, bad or good level its in the top and behind comes ''z'' with a modest level, he's alone in his own level after 1 day, 2 days, 3 days  saying, f*** this game I'll have more luck winning the lottery than this.

Futured tab was only for privileged users, just like it is today, whoever gets the level posted there will forever have an advantage with those likes, impossible to beat at this point logically. So...again, same problem. If you want to promote them give everyone the chance first to be there, not just to friends of friends. If only the same tab would be used to keep like 50 levels open 24/7 for an entire week...ugh,,,now that would be a chance! Especially if they would be randomized every five to ten minutes or so...

About feedback, I believe too that these should be more in game than on forums, as you said there are many users who don't use the forums, some of them are too young to use it, etc.  It's a good idea.

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2016-04-16 19:43:22

Gosha

Emma333 wrote:

Z2Gy64N.png

uh5PDJ5.png

#14 2016-04-17 13:40:15

skullz17

I agree with you about the current state of the featured tab, but I do think it could be transformed if the right people with the right mindset were in control of it. I mean your "Random art and creative levels" topic is on the right track imo, and I believe the featured tab could be done similarly.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

skullz171460896815596710

Board footer