Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-20 19:02:24

imgood9

Is the EE Wiki Obsolete?

I was thinking about how we can make the EE Wiki updated to fit all the changes in EE, but then I remembered that the game has an official help page. The thing with that is that it suggests you go into the Wiki page for more information, though a majority of it hasn't been updated since 2011.

So we have a few options. We can either try updating the Wiki to reflect the changes EE has gone through in the past years, or we can transform it into a central hub where the help section meets updated guides on level design, artistic design, and gameplay design, along with tips on what to do/not do.

Or is the Wiki obsolete? We have a pretty comprehensive help page, an official blog for detailing updates, and we have a forum based on level, art, and gameplay design. While this covers a lot of questions people have about the game, they're in different places, so you'd have to know where to look to find help.

So do we even need the Wiki? Or should we turn it into a central hub where one can easily find answers to the game's mysterious questions?

These are some thoughts I had on the Wiki, but I'm curious to read yours.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-12-20 19:19:20

hummerz5

Re: Is the EE Wiki Obsolete?

I like updating it with the idea that I have some knowledge, and hopefully someone finds it useful.

In reality, you're right. All the information we put into the wiki is available on the blog, in the game, or help page, or forums.............. so really there's not a huge need for it.

unless there's someone about to give a testimonial about how useful it is.

#3 2015-12-21 00:18:05

Evilbunny

the what?

But seriously, I doubt that anybody will be affected by an updated wiki. If you wanna do it, go ahead, but it won't be used often.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2015-12-21 00:21:33

Bobithan

hummerz5 wrote:

unless there's someone about to give a testimonial about how useful it is.

that won't happen unless we make it useful.

"a central hub where the help section meets updated guides on level design, artistic design, and gameplay design, along with tips on what to do/not do" sounds like a really good idea. Basic game information isn't really something that needs to be explained in wiki format, there's not much behind the scenes that you need to look up. A hub like that would be actually useful, though.

aka towwl

#5 2015-12-21 00:22:21

Insanity

ee doesn't really need a wiki, its too basic to need one

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#6 2015-12-21 00:33:24

hummerz5

One thing we didn't mention
Is EE going down the tubes? Do we have some statistics on that little number?

could affect whether or not we need that. If everyone who still plays is a 4-year veteran, well, this wiki would be ridiculous.

#7 2015-12-21 01:19:51

Prodigy

EE should stay up for like 10-50 years if it has really good admins and a good owner that really cares about the game

h0qIF0q.png

Prodigy1450657191568940

Board footer