Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-23 17:55:33

Gosha

Halp with Englsih

As you can see, i'm not that good at englsih.
My teacher told me to write about my school in english, and i ask you to check it for mistakes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I study in high school №1, It is situated in krasnaia street in the center of the city, thats why it has a good surrounding like: "Aloe pole" , "Kirov street" , "Pioneer Palace".
School opens at 6 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. . Our lessons starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 13:10 or 14:00 p.m. . Usually we have 6-7 subjects with lunch break at 11:10 a.m. for 30 mins then everybody goes to School's canteen or somewhere else.
There are 29 pupils in our class. Also we have Form Tutor , that controls puplis' marks and solves different problems in it.
There is the Gym, Big Library , Own Theatre (known as assembly hall) , computer class and 3 labs: Biological , Chemical , Physical in our school.

There are more than 900 puplis and 60 high skilled teachers. We study different landuages , such as : Russian, Englsih, Freinch or German.

Our school is not like others, it has slogan "Traditions, Creation, Brotherhood." traditions and spesial activity for puplis like: "The Communal gathering", "The Golden Autumn", "The Memory day" and "Creativity Day" where we can meet with new friends, know something new, spend a good time.
This year School celebrate his birthday, 80 years! It is one of the oldest schools in our city.

It sounds weird, but plez halp

#2 2015-11-23 18:08:29

some woman

Re: Halp with Englsih

you're not supposed to put spaces before commas or colons, 13:xx and 14:xx are not valid times when you're not using military time, and there are a few other mistakes (including spelling mistakes) that i'm not pointing out because i shouldn't be doing your homework for you

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#3 2015-11-23 18:17:02

Gosha

some man wrote:

you're not supposed to put spaces before commas or colons

It'll fix that, i really dont know how it happend, i wanted to post text without spaces.

some man wrote:

13:xx and 14:xx are not valid times when you're not using military time

thx

some man wrote:

i'm not pointing out because i shouldn't be doing your homework for you

i knew , that you gonna to say that, but there is a problem: how can i find this mistakes , without even know is it mistake

i posted it here, because i need fast help, i need to present it in a hour :o

#4 2015-11-23 18:59:10

capasha

There is a lot of misspelling. You even misspelled the thread title.

Wooted by:

W24

#5 2015-11-23 19:05:03, last edited by Zumza (2015-11-23 19:40:59)

Zumza

I'm not the suitable person for repairing this text. But I would like an evaluation too.

I study in  №1 high school. Its situated on Krasnaia Street in midtown. It has good surroundings like: "Aloe Pole", "Kirov Street", and "Pioneer Palace".
School opens at 6 a.m. and lessons starts at 8 a.m.. Our cursers ends at 13:10 or 14:00 p.m. depending on the day. And school locks its doors at 10 p.m..
Usually we have 6-7 courses with lunch break at 11:10 a.m.. For 30 minutes everybody goes to School's canteen or somewhere else.
We are 29 students in my class controlled by a Class Master(his role is to solve the conflicts between us https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9b/037_angel ).
Our school has: a Gym room, a big Library, and a Theatre(known as assembly hall). There are 4 laboratories: one Computer Science, one Biology, one Chemistry and one Physical.
There are more than 900 students and 60 teachers.
We study different languages such as: Russian, English, French and German.
Our school is not like others, it has slogan "Traditions, Creation, Brotherhood".
We got numerous projects: "Communal gathering", "Golden Autumn", "The Memory Day" and "Creativity Day", where we can meet new friends, learn something new, and have a good time.
№1 high school is one of the oldest schools from the city celebrating its 80th anniversary this year.

As I know, in English, there is a certain rule on the order of describing a place. You should check that.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#6 2015-11-23 19:15:00

Nebula

I don't make errors into text. This isn't my mine getting 6 or 4.

#7 2015-11-23 19:29:24

Gosha

capasha wrote:

I always write Halp instead of help:p

Zumza wrote:

I'm not the suitable person for repairing this text. But I would like an evaluation too.

I study in  №1 high school. Its situated on Krasnaia Street in midtown. It has good surroundings like: "Aloe Pole", "Kirov Street", and "Pioneer Palace".
School opens at 6 a.m. and lessons starts at 8 a.m.. Our cursers ends at 13:10 or 14:00 p.m. depending on the day. And school locks its doors at 10 p.m..
Usually we have 6-7 courses with lunch break at 11:10 a.m.. For 30 minutes everybody goes to School's canteen or somewhere else.
We are 29 students controlled by a Class Master(his role is to solve the conflicts between us https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9b/037_angel ).
Our school has: a Gym room, a big Library, and a Theatre(known as assembly hall). There are 4 laboratories: one Computer Science, one Biology, one Chemistry and one Physical.
There are more than 900 students and 60 teachers.
We study different languages such as: Russian, English, French and German.
Our school is not like others, it has slogan "Traditions, Creation, Brotherhood".
We got numerous projects: "Communal gathering", "Golden Autumn", "The Memory Day" and "Creativity Day", where we can meet new friends, learn something new, and have a good time.
№1 high school is one of the oldest schools from the city celebrating its 80th anniversary this year.

As I know, in English, there is a certain rule on the order of describing a place. You should check that.

wow, thank you so much i'm gonna edit some , but thank you so much again.

#8 2015-11-23 20:23:25

Kirby

Goshanoob wrote:
capasha wrote:

He's talking about the word "english"

#9 2015-11-23 20:30:27

Banned

Kirby wrote:
Goshanoob wrote:
capasha wrote:

He's talking about the word "english"

oh, just a miss click because of quick-typing

He isnt back. He was here all this time.

#10 2015-11-23 21:42:03

Pingohits
Banned

i don't think a forum for a block building game is a good place to improve your grammar

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2015-11-24 01:07:30

Freckleface

I could fix all of it for you but there is so much...
Ill do one part with many errors

Goshanoob should've wrote:

I study in high school #1, it is situated in Krasnaia street in the center of the city. It has a good surroundings such as: "Aloe Pole" , "Kirov Street" , "Pioneer Palace".
School opens at 6 AM and closes at 10 PM. Our lessons start at 8 AM and end at 1:10 or 2:00 PM. Usually we have six to seven subjects with lunch break at 11:10 AM for half an hour then everybody goes to our school's canteen or somewhere else.
There are 29 students in our class. Also we have a Form Tutor, who controls puplis' marks and solves different problems in it.
In our school there is a gym, a big library, our own theatre (also known as an assembly hall), a computer class and three science labs; Biological, Chemical, Physical.

That should be good but there may be more mistakes also idk what you mean by high school #1. Don't use capitals in places if they don't have a proper name. (ex. Globe Theatre would be a proper name for a theatre) Use semicolons ( ; ) when you make a list within a list. Also don't write out numbers if they end with only zeroes or have 1 digit. (5 turns into five and 8000 turns into eight thousand while 2342 stays the same) Lastly dont use AM/PM if you are using 24 hour time, write 13:10 only.

This has been English Language studies with Freckleface thank you for your time.

F

#12 2015-11-24 02:50:31

Xfrogman43

Edited Text

Using this, you can see the changes I made. Copy the one you have now with mine.
8MFKCWS.png

1: Don't need to capitalize the 'i' in 'it' as you would not capitalize it when you are using a pronoun for a person (ex: he).

2: Names of streets should be capitalized

3: You are naming multiple surroundings, thus plural

4: At the end of lists, you should end with a conjunction; 'FANBOYS' = For And Nor But Or Yet So

5: 12:00 (and 1:10) are changed; Read some man's post

6: Usually before 'then', you use a comma.

7: 'lessons starts' With plural words, you use singular verbs; with singular words, use plural verbs.

8: You don't have to capitalize things like "gym", "big library", "school", etc. You only capitalize them if they are a proper place. (ex: restaurants)

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#13 2015-11-24 03:42:00, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-11-24 03:42:48)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

some man wrote:

Pretty sure most of Europe uses the 24 hour clock.

English is hard, even for a native speaker.  Not so much the spelling/speaking part, but the commas, semicolons, and such.

Discord: jawp#5123

#14 2015-11-24 04:42:04

Terrasher
Website

JaWapa wrote:
some man wrote:

In Canada we use both. We can write 4:20pm or 16:20.

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

#15 2015-11-24 04:44:03

iPwner
Website

JaWapa wrote:
some man wrote:

English is hard, even for a native speaker.  Not so much the spelling/speaking part, but the commas, semicolons, and such.

not really *<;)

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#16 2015-11-24 09:10:49

Gosha

JaWapa wrote:
some man wrote:

Dude, you don't know Russian.

Pingohits wrote:

i don't think a forum for a block building game is a good place to improve your grammar

Off topic is good place

Also, I have already gave homework to my teacher

#17 2015-11-24 13:45:02

Bobithan

Locked on request of owner.

aka towwl

Bobithan1448369102561113

Board footer