Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-07 23:44:47, last edited by Soubr (2015-09-09 23:10:34)

Soubr

[RELEASED] Arkanoid bot.

Hello,

Recently I've working on a new project: the Arkanoid bot. It basically tries to recreate the original game.
RjxEdHX.png
This is the first time I'm opening the world so it may not even work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

How to play:

The bot runs only one player per game, so you'll have to join a queue to play. Text ".queue" PS: You DO NOT HAVE to enter in the queue more than one time.
Once you are chosen to play, use W to start the game, and A & S to move the bar.

You can leave/rejoin by saying ".afk". If the room is too busy you can enter in the queue, leave the map, and come back later (before you turn starts).

I'm sorry if someone has already done something similar.

PS²: Again, I don't if it's going to work, though I've tested It with myself a lot of times.

Final thoughts:

-It an interesting ideia, but the game turns boring once you learn how to play properly.
-It's kinda laggy since I'm still learning to make bots.
-It takes too long for a full turn to end (if the player actually wins)
-Having only one player per game is not a very good ideia cause people like to compete.
-I won't add more futures or upadtes, I'm gonna try new ideias.
-I may open the world if somebody wants to play.

World ID: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWNLqCFExbbUI

Wooted by:

#2 2015-09-08 11:25:56, last edited by MikeK (2015-09-08 11:26:06)

MikeK

Re: [RELEASED] Arkanoid bot.

Sounds interesting, I'd like to play it.
Btw, seems like it's age of recreating old games in EE: Firstly, Lpeugliot9 made a game that was very similar to Tank Battles, then Rold1212 recreated Tetris, and now... your Arkanoid... Well, it's nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

FluxBB bbcode test

#3 2015-09-08 15:22:01

den3107

MikeK wrote:

Btw, seems like it's age of recreating old games in EE: Firstly, Lpeugliot9 made a game that was very similar to Tank Battles, then Rold1212 recreated Tetris, and now... your Arkanoid... Well, it's nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Once my current project is stable enough and all that I'm planning on creating many other games like connect 4 or mastermind... Simple games that can still be fun.

Wooted by:

#4 2015-09-08 19:03:28

Soubr

MikeK wrote:

I also made pong bot a long time ago.

#5 2015-09-08 20:01:41

den3107

Soubr wrote:
MikeK wrote:

I also made pong bot a long time ago.

Perhaps we (bot developers in general) should sometime combine all public 'gamemodes' PROPERLY In a single bot, where we got permission from.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2015-09-08 21:00:45

Thanel

den3107 wrote:

Perhaps we (bot developers in general) should sometime combine all public 'gamemodes' PROPERLY In a single bot, where we got permission from.

Interesting to hear that because today I made the base for my arcade bot which is used to load and run various bots designed to work with it together in single world.
I'm going to publish it on github soon so everyone would be able to create their own creations for it. (It's designed for BotBits so make sure to learn it if you are interested)

So far I have Bomberman and Mastermind bots working from which I want to open source Mastermind to have a working example.
I'm actually pretty excited for this project as I wanted to create open source bots for some time already (and probably because I started work on it today //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

#7 2015-09-08 21:48:37

den3107

Thanel wrote:
den3107 wrote:

Interesting to hear that because today I made the base for my arcade bot which is used to load and run various bots designed to work with it together in single world.
I'm going to publish it on github soon so everyone would be able to create their own creations for it. (It's designed for BotBits so make sure to learn it if you are interested)

So far I have Bomberman and Mastermind bots working from which I want to open source Mastermind to have a working example.
I'm actually pretty excited for this project as I wanted to create open source bots for some time already (and probably because I started work on it today //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

I tend so be stubborn and refuse to use other's creations xD
Have never really used a public bot from anybody else and only once tried a gravity simulator (just to find out it didn't work fast enough on my laptop back then).

So yeah, I'd probably make my own thing anyway xD

#8 2015-09-09 01:44:37

Soubr

den3107 wrote:
Thanel wrote:
den3107 wrote:

I tend so be stubborn and refuse to use other's creations xD
Have never really used a public bot from anybody else and only once tried a gravity simulator (just to find out it didn't work fast enough on my laptop back then).

So yeah, I'd probably make my own thing anyway xD

The best part of having a bot is making it.

#9 2015-09-09 14:37:07

den3107

Soubr wrote:

snip
The best part of having a bot is making it.

Making your own gravity simulator which would (probably) be way less efficient, slower and much less accurate would not be a very smart idea.
Sometimes you'd have to get over it and just use stuff already made, simply because it saves you time and since they're often way better.

#10 2015-09-09 23:15:16

Soubr

Decided to stop working on this. Finished development.

Soubr1441836916540452

Board footer