Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-07-24 16:54:56

Anch

Re: Public Bot?

JaWapa wrote:

I have a great idea.  It's a bot that people can use online, instead of downloading things... you could call it... Bot on Demand (BOD).

Pretty good right?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but wasn't that already made then discontinued because people were abusing it?

#27 2015-07-24 17:09:42

Zumza

JaWapa wrote:
lrussell wrote:

I do have much more experience with EE and programming than I did when I last released a bot publicly (that was 2012). I strayed away from the norm and found myself trying to utilize web services. I suppose though that if I made one today it could be at least up to par with all the others. PM me with ideas if you have them, perhaps some idea on what to name it. I might give it a shot.

I have a great idea.  It's a bot that people can use online, instead of downloading things... you could call it... Bot on Demand (BOD).

Pretty good right?

I don't own a VPS or a Flash License //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#28 2015-07-24 18:20:10

den3107

eeisol wrote:

Two things I've thought across: A message queue so the server doesn't mute you on multiple chat messages. Also, a system to register chat commands. (!help comes to mind) Commands could simply be registered, resulting in plugins being "incompatible", or each could take different prefixes, "!" "$".

1. I use that for all my bots, it's really easy to make and use, so that's no problem, yet still good you point it out.

2. The plugins could use a bot-wide placeholder for the command prefix, again a standard for my bots. All I'd have to do is edit a single variable and the prefix is different for all commands (sadly changing it so it would accept would be a bit more work, but should still be doable in 5-10 minutes).

@zumza:
I think it's best if you'd make a list (preferably in the form of a Trello Scrum backlog) of all the things that would have to be done and make a separate thread about this idea to find people that would like to contribute and discuss it.

#29 2015-07-24 20:15:36

eeisol

In my experience, you really just have an interface you're required to inherit. Then your "plugin" simply has to inherit various properties.

Den3107, I'd imagine the queue and command handling would be slightly more advanced than what you might have created through a single bot. My point with the handlers was to make sure that there was no doubling up. A problem with a unique prefix for each command is the ease of use, and limited space.

Yeah, this needs a place to hammer out.

#30 2015-07-24 20:26:33

Zumza

eeisol wrote:

In my experience, you really just have an interface you're required to inherit. Then your "plugin" simply has to inherit various properties.

Yes. But mine has 1 main interface and others for organisation. Like: IPlugin, IWorldMap, IUser, IUsers, IBlock, IMove etc...

#31 2015-07-24 23:58:14

Hexagon

JaWapa wrote:

This is a very good idea. No viruses (pretty much), nothing to download, nothing to install, always up to date, always available. Interesting.

#32 2015-07-25 00:10:45

Jabatheblob1

Hexagon wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

This is a very good idea. No viruses (pretty much), nothing to download, nothing to install, always up to date, always available. Interesting.

Lrussle already did it. It was a joke. But if you wanna do it go for it

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#33 2015-07-25 01:21:57

Sam777

Jabatheblob1 wrote:
Nvd wrote:

I could always restart nbot... :3

i don't have a problem with that lol, EVERYONE. Had that bot. Still better than most bots currently

idk bout' you guys but i remember everyone having the bot by Krock. i had it too actually. i had no clue about nbot.

#34 2015-07-25 02:35:10

eeisol

Another thing I am not familiar with: server bandwidth.
However, if you do choose to host a "BOD", the relationship between active users and relative speed is invariably inverse.
The more folks who enjoy using the service, the more bogged down it would be.

#35 2015-07-25 03:56:40

lrussell
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Pretty good right?

I mean... I could create a client-server platform for my public bot allowing me to use more "sensitive" resources while still providing a full experience.

#36 2015-07-25 12:50:54

den3107

eeisol wrote:

However, if you do choose to host a "BOD", the relationship between active users and relative speed is invariably inverse.

The applet will be a single-time download, after it loaded the page it doesn't require any internet anymore (unless you'd like to load in extra plugins).
So with many users only the loading of the webpage would take long, after that it would work at normal speed since it's then client-sided.

#37 2015-07-25 14:39:17

Zumza

den3107 wrote:
eeisol wrote:

The applet will be a single-time download, after it loaded the page it doesn't require any internet anymore (unless you'd like to load in extra plugins).
So with many users only the loading of the webpage would take long, after that it would work at normal speed since it's then client-sided.

EE BOD Android App
Price: 0,99$

#38 2015-07-25 16:20:40

eeisol

I see. So something like a Java applet. Naturally it'd have to be something that can sustain its own connection to the EE servers, then.

Very interesting.

eeisol1437837640524298

Board footer