Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-05-31 19:03:51

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Announcement!

An update on this post.

I got a job at a pizza/sub/ice cream/diner place.  I've had this job for about 4 days.  I hate it.  Week days I work 5pm - closing.  weekends 3:30pm - closing.
That might not sound horrible... but it cuts into everything.  Also, closing is supposed to be 11pm on weekends, 10pm on weekdays.  But that doesn't mean I leave at those times.  Since I work closing, I have to stay and help clean everything.  There hasn't been a day where I got home before midnight.  Worst part, I don't get paid for the hour or two it takes to clean because I get paid under the table.

Yes the job has some good things.  One being it's right across the street.  I get paid $8/hr, which I will gladly take since it's my first job (I've made close to 200 dollars since I've been there).  I get free subs if I want them.

I guess I'm done complaining for now.  Long story short, work sucks so bad .-.

Discord: jawp#5123

#27 2015-05-31 19:14:48, last edited by Dazz (2015-05-31 19:20:37)

Dazz

JaWapa wrote:

An update on this post.

I got a job at a pizza/sub/ice cream/diner place.  I've had this job for about 4 days.  I hate it.  Week days I work 5pm - closing.  weekends 3:30pm - closing.
That might not sound horrible... but it cuts into everything.  Also, closing is supposed to be 11pm on weekends, 10pm on weekdays.  But that doesn't mean I leave at those times.  Since I work closing, I have to stay and help clean everything.  There hasn't been a day where I got home before midnight.  Worst part, I don't get paid for the hour or two it takes to clean because I get paid under the table.

Yes the job has some good things.  One being it's right across the street.  I get paid $8/hr, which I will gladly take since it's my first job (I've made close to 200 dollars since I've been there).  I get free subs if I want them.

I guess I'm done complaining for now.  Long story short, work sucks so bad .-.

Working in these kind of places, the schedule is never as they say and as you said they never pay for that extra hour or hour/half. The worst thing is, you don't have a life anymore and many times you also end doing the job of others or extra things you're not really supposed to do. Meh, it does suck. You're lucky it's just across the street, having to also walk 1-2 km after work it's uncool.

#28 2015-05-31 19:40:24

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Dazz wrote:

The worst thing is, you don't have a life anymore and many times you also end doing the job of others or extra things you're not really supposed to do.

I don't really have a main job there. I was told to keep up with dishes and get ice cream for the most part.  Friday night I was busy getting ice cream for like 45 minutes.  One of the waitresses came up and said they needed cups and silverware.  I go back and one of the ladies that is supposed to pick-up whatever needs done if someone is busy, is just sitting there.  She had been sitting there for 20 minutes.  So I got reamed for that.

Then there was a lady who asked me to start making pizzas while she went and smoked a cig.  I was like... k.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-05-31 22:12:11

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

JaWapa wrote:

Worst part, I don't get paid for the hour or two it takes to clean because I get paid under the table.

Why are you getting paid under the table??? That doesn't sound right, you should be getting paid for the extra work you do o-o

I've only worked at music camps and intercity music programs though, my experience is kinda limited

#30 2015-05-31 22:27:47

BEE

Pyromaniac wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Worst part, I don't get paid for the hour or two it takes to clean because I get paid under the table.

Why are you getting paid under the table??? That doesn't sound right, you should be getting paid for the extra work you do o-o

I've only worked at music camps and intercity music programs though, my experience is kinda limited

Getting paid under the table or not, it is rare to get paid for extra work, or work that is more strenuous than it is supposed to be.

As a teacher, it is essentially impossible to get all of my grading, planning, copying, and meetings done in the hour they give me each day to plan, so I obviously will work before and after school. No extra money for that.

In theory you get paid for the work you do, but in practice, there's always something.

Though I'm not sure why you are getting paid under the table, unless you are underage you should be advocating to be an official employee.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#31 2015-05-31 22:48:57

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

One day I will look back at this topic and prove you wrong. Just wait for it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#32 2015-05-31 23:30:24

BEE

Don't get me wrong, N1KF, there's lots of fun things about being an adult: drinking, having ice cream whenever you want, sleeping all day just because, etc.

But there's also a lot of bad.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#33 2015-06-01 02:05:08, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-06-01 02:06:15)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

BEE wrote:

Getting paid under the table or not, it is rare to get paid for extra work, or work that is more strenuous than it is supposed to be.
As a teacher, it is essentially impossible to get all of my grading, planning, copying, and meetings done in the hour they give me each day to plan, so I obviously will work before and after school. No extra money for that.

Yeah but teachers aren't paid by the hour, like fast food workers (or whatever dishwashing is classified as) are. Like my dad is a teacher, and he works aftercare. They DO pay him by the hour for that, so extra hours=extra $$$. But the yearly salary is different.

Wooted by:

#34 2015-06-01 03:18:03

AmdS
Website

Being a child not so fun,

OK? OK!

-Amds //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#35 2015-06-01 04:16:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

There's a few reasons I'm paid under the table.  One being that the owner didn't want to deal with the school.  Here we have to get a permit from the school to work, which a bit of paper work.  Another being that it's easy to tell me gtfo if I'm not doing my job right.

#36 2015-06-01 04:34:09

Kirby

Gabriel wrote:

OK? OK!

Being an adult not so fun either

Being itself not so fun

#37 2015-06-01 13:52:30

Pingohits
Banned

Kirby1394 wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

OK? OK!

Being an adult not so fun either

Being itself not so fun

i love me

791mAP8.png

#38 2015-06-03 20:59:12

treejoe

BuzzerBee wrote:

Adulthood is going to be great for me because I'm going to live alone with no wife and GOD no children, so I will only have myself to pay for and I plan on going into a career that I love (linguistics).

Why won't you just be comfortable with your own sexuality, you don't have to keep running BuzzerBee, God loves you, EE loves you and I love you <3.

yes i know what you are thinking but no i am not brad pitt

treejoe1433361552509558

Board footer