Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

gustav9797

What kind of bot the community needs.

Title, post here with bot ideas that are actually needed, I might make it. And no, it won't be based on GBot. It's old and very funny programmed!

uzjIGfi.gif

#2 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Re: What kind of bot the community needs.

Implying the community needs any bot(s).

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

A bot that makes other bots is the only bot EE needs. There have been a few made already actually. One of them is named Gustav.

#4 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Gustav

Hoho? Ok.

Lol. I'm talking about useful bots, but.. Might only be used for trolling.

uzjIGfi.gif

#5 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I would want a bot that makes all forms of crashing impossible, and a bot that can tell who is placing what blocks so it is easier to tell who is trolling.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Nov 28 2012 1:50:14 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Processor

Someone else asked a similar question: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=343647

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#7 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Hmm yeah, anti-troll bot.

crashing impossible

What do you mean by crashing?

[EDIT: merged into one post]

Someone else asked a similar question: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=343647

That is obviously a troll thread. I'm a professional programmer, not a pair of noobs with no knowledge at all.

Last edited by gustav9797 (Nov 28 2012 2:08:28 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#8 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

gustav9797 wrote:

Hmm yeah, anti-troll bot.

crashing impossible

What do you mean by crashing?

Chat lagging - for example, o0o aka lol would spam the chat with wpe(or something) and it would lag so much that it would be nearly impossible to do anything at all on the cpu. It would lag unbearably until you leave.

Account lagging - recently there have been people with a bot, that I think Doh made, that makes accounts join/leave repeatedly. I don't know exactly how it works, but they have many alternate accounts rapidly leaving/joining, I don't know how it could be possible to stop either.

Coin lagging - where people repeatedly send coin packets on wpe to lag/crash levels

I do not how it is done, but there have been times when a level completely empties out without warning/being able to see why it happened.

I think there are other methods, and I do not know if all of these methods are still possible, but these are all I can think of right now.

#9 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

GKAbyss wrote:

a bot that can tell who is placing what blocks so it is easier to tell who is trolling.

The problem with this is that the clients don't have access to that information. All they can find out is that there was indeed a block placed somewhere, but not by who.

#10 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Chat and coin lagging is easily done, the account lag shouldnt be too hard.

JalilTKai wrote:

A brush bot in which instead of blocks/decorations/backgrounds covering 1 block per click, make it cover 4 blocks per click. It would make background coloring more efficient.

Or nine.

That, is something that I must have.

One idea I saw somewhere is allowing a player to own a certain part of the world, like 32*32 blocks, to build on.

Aslai wrote:
GKAbyss wrote:

a bot that can tell who is placing what blocks so it is easier to tell who is trolling.

The problem with this is that the clients don't have access to that information. All they can find out is that there was indeed a block placed somewhere, but not by who.

Ah, then.. *thinks*

EDIT: Found one way to find out, the nearest player to the placed block might be the troller, if there are two + possible players it's h +ard.*

Last edited by gustav9797 (Nov 28 2012 2:27:25 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#11 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Autokick anyone who uses godmode unless they're on a whitelist?

#12 Before February 2015

gustav9797

But again, the ones who are legitimately using godmode and aren't on the whitelist get kicked. Also people can't trust ones on the whitelist fully.

Last edited by gustav9797 (Nov 28 2012 2:28:59 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#13 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I don't have much trouble with people flying around, the main reason I want this is bc:

The troll doesn't move and is not in god mode, they just stay in the same spot as the afk ppl, trolling constantly around them. I would have to have something that detects who is trolling.
This is for example, in a to code world. I give out code to everyone, so everyone can draw, but there are some who will end up trolling.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Nov 28 2012 2:30:41 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Solution: Kick the AFK people after 5min if they haven't moved. Not a full solution though..

Is there any documentation about EE somewhere? I've forgot alot, but still remember alot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

GKAbyss wrote:

I don't have much trouble with people flying around, the main reason I want this is bc:

The troll doesn't move and is not in god mode, they just stay in the same spot as the afk ppl, trolling constantly around them. I would have to have something that detects who is trolling.
This is for example, in a to code world. I give out code to everyone, so everyone can draw, but there are some who will end up trolling.

As said earlier, the god-mode players can have a specified area to draw within, and every block edited outside it will peacefully be reset to the original one.

Last edited by gustav9797 (Nov 28 2012 2:33:54 pm)

uzjIGfi.gif

#15 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

gustav9797 wrote:

Solution: Kick the AFK people after 5min if they haven't moved. Not a full solution though..

Is there any documentation about EE somewhere? I've forgot alot, but still remember alot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

GKAbyss wrote:

As said earlier, the god-mode players can have a specified area to draw within, and every block edited outside it will peacefully be reset to the original one.

This would would perfectly I think, I hadn't thought it would be so simple to solve.

#16 Before February 2015

Bobithan

A bot which fills up an area like a fill tool. All you need to do is run the bot, then wherever you click with a certain color it fills up the area with what you just used.

aka towwl

#17 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

GKAbyss wrote:
gustav9797 wrote:

GKAbyss wrote:

This would would perfectly I think, I hadn't thought it would be so simple to solve.

That's not going to work, if someone has their own box to draw in, and someone comes along and spams in it,
there isn't any way of knowing if it was the legit user doing it.

The sad fact remains that as long as there isn't user IDs in block packets then there won't be any bots to seriously prevent trolling.

Last edited by ?tilla (Nov 28 2012 2:52:59 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#18 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

It'd still be useful for a troll box. Another idea, you could draw simple things in your worlds by having owner-only blocks replaced by a different block by the bot, and not erased like other blocks, so the owner could write or help someone out.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#19 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Thank you all for participating in this thread, continuing this tomorrow.

uzjIGfi.gif

#20 Before February 2015

Cyral

Bobithan wrote:

A bot which fills up an area like a fill tool. All you need to do is run the bot, then wherever you click with a certain color it fills up the area with what you just used.

I had that feature in my bot, But it was slow. The new upload speed limit would make it even slower.

@OP, Do we really need bots? Unless its Practical, or Fun like shift. No.

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=18504&p=1

Feel free to take ideas from my old idea thread.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#21 Before February 2015

EE Beast's post ruined this, but I think/thought it would be nice to have a bot that works like the WorldEdit plugin in Minecraft.

#22 Before February 2015

Deetz

I think there should be a bot that recognizes when a smiley is standing on a certain block, and then a different block replaces that block, or it deletes that block. Would be good for bossing.

#23 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

The only problem with fully detecting movements is that you will have to some intense calculations, and also detect if there
is any arrows in the way.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#24 Before February 2015

Benje00

aimbot pls //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#25 Before February 2015

hummerz5

?tilla wrote:

The only problem with fully detecting movements is that you will have to some intense calculations, and also detect if there
is any arrows in the way.

I've tried working with that. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I plot the points out on an image of the minimap, but the users just don't move with the physics... meh.

Also. Someone said something about lagging with chat and coins. You could write a bot to see if someone's hitting coins excessively in a time period and kick them. (Assuming you own the level)

And then there's the troll who doesn't use god mode trolling next to AFKs. You could see who's in range to troll, yes. You could also keep a record of who was in the area when the troll happened. Then, if it appears elsewhere, check the new list against the old list.

And then there's the people who will point all the flaws in my statements. ^.^

gustav9797142392093240500

Board footer