Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

Razze01

Re: bots destroying ee

Yeah, im with you zakleo, CC isnt good. Now does everyone got it, when it was new it was like a miracle. Now like nothing, EEDitor is some of the best bots/programs i got, you can do extremely much with it!

And some of them really sucks!:

~Gbot
~EEArtist
~CC (If you don't know what this is, ignore this. You should'nt know)
~Snake Bot

(Not cyph1e's version. That one is really good, but the copied snake someone made and shared to some who continue sharing etc, sucks

Im sure i forgot alot, but just some of my examples.

#77 Before February 2015

haunter

well today I saw a shared acc gumball just spamming the links to gbot in chat all day,we should not be giving away any more bots. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#78 Before February 2015

gustav9797

haunter wrote:

well today I saw a shared acc gumball just spamming the links to gbot in chat all day,we should not be giving away any more bots. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Just put down the GBot link.

Im adding more features on GBot, like random tree generator, termites and digging. Its not just a tool anymore //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

uzjIGfi.gif

#79 Before February 2015

woutie3000

Some bots are good, like digibot, but bots like coincollector must be deleted.   If you create a bot then you should not share.

#80 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

A bot is just a mere tool people use. They make things easy for you. Imagine that EE was a nail and bots were hammers. Simply put, they make things easier to do. I'm not a huge bot fan but some people just go crazy when they don't have a bot. People are always trying to conquer each other. There will be no end to this, this is humanity. You can't change humanity, it's who we are.

#81 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Humanity is a nub.

#82 Before February 2015

Muftwin

You really didnt explain how bots are destroying ee

things like shift and yoscroll make ee better...

#83 Before February 2015

Persona

More drama by the trashiest of the community.
Blar.

EE Bots are pretty dang cool.
They let you do stuff that you could not with out it.

1) Originality - Too damn bad.   If originality existed-- then the would be pretty hard to find levels you do like.

2) It is not destroying EE.

3) If it is a bad level, do not play it. Solved.

Why are you all trying to control the noobs like you do not own them.

#84 Before February 2015

capasha

Persona wrote:

More drama by the trashiest of the community.
Blar.

EE Bots are pretty dang cool.
They let you do stuff that you could not with out it.

2) It is not destroying EE.

2), Some of them destroying for EE and us.

Remember coin crashing? Browser crashing?
It still exist world code cracking. And account cracking.
But that's not destroying?

The game is still full of exploits that can be used, to destroy DESTROY.

This?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg[/youtube]

Last edited by doh (May 21 2012 11:30:48 pm)

#85 Before February 2015

iYam

Well bots can be bad, as anything can be.
I personally love bots. When I first heard about them I was in a rush to get them and make my own. Now I'm in a point where I have a few and can start writing my own bot. I will do so and probably share it, maybe in a few months, because I think bots should be shared.
Hate me but that's what I think of THE IDEA OF BOTS. Of course that's not what really happening. What I mean is;
When you get a bot that has useful options (like the bot GUI, the adminlist which allows users to control the kick/load/clear etc., the banlist) you can do so much more in the game. Sometimes noobs use them to spam and whatnot. Thus in my opinion bots should be shared but with a lot of thought put into, like Krock did when he decided you can only be an owner to use it. Or EEbot or others, you get the idea. One way of thinking is to not share it at all, but it won't help anybody except yourself and that's not the general idea IMO.

tl;dr
I think bots should only be shared while thought put into.

#86 Before February 2015

Persona

So what?   Can you actually use Krock bot to do those things?
Also-- people use wpe-- mainly.

#87 Before February 2015

Marios

i am semi-anti bot person.
every bot should be accepted,but only the original onces. every else should be banned.

#88 Before February 2015

Marios

I got scared when i heared it,did not know it was a video and i did like ''Holy Jimmy Cricket!'' and closed tabs till the sound stopped.
But at the second time i found out where the sound was from.

#89 Before February 2015

iYam

Persona wrote:

So what?   Can you actually use Krock bot to do those things?
Also-- people use wpe-- mainly.

Most of them

#90 Before February 2015

Persona

"Most" of the bots cannot crash EE.   The worst they can do is spam. So kick them, or if you have a bot yourself-- BAN them.
it isn't that much of an issue if you can join an Minecraft server with a hack client and ruin it there..  

Sure-- EE is less stable.
But most of the EEBot's DO NOT and are NOT MADE for
crashing of ee-- cheating.

They are provided as a resourceful tool for ALL of us to use.
If you think otherwise-- then something is just wrong with you.

And doh, those vids are annoying.

Last edited by Persona (May 23 2012 10:23:28 am)

#91 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ever heard of a game called 'Minecraft'? There are at least a few hundred different mods that are publicly shared, circulated, etc. Each and every mod adds something to the game that some people thought it was lacking. While most of these modifications were client-side, there have been mods that are designed for multi-player use.

Now, let's put that into EE. Bots are a manifestation of several different pseudo-mods. Each one only adds to the game and creates a better experience. To say that, because a lot of people have it, it's instantly spam is quite the leap. What is a mass-shared bot? It's a tool that a lot of people have, and that's it.

To say bots are weapons and should be made a crime in EE is like saying pencils are weapons and should be made illegal to use.

Be open-minded and understand what bots are - tools that occasionally can be misused. To say all bots are horrible things and contribute nothing to this game is completely asinine and I'm ashamed anyone would be lead to such a conclusion.

doh wrote:

This?

Why did you put an auto-play in there? Was it really necessary?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#92 Before February 2015

linkz0rs

I've developed a bot of my own, and it's only purpose is to keep people I don't like out of my levels. Nothing more, nothing less.   Personally though, I hate going in levels and seeing bots run the room, how annoying.

#93 Before February 2015

capasha

TakoMan02 wrote:
doh wrote:

This?

Why did you put an auto-play in there? Was it really necessary?

Yes. It was necessary.

linkz0rs wrote:

I've developed a bot of my own, and it's only purpose is to keep people I don't like out of my levels. Nothing more, nothing less.   Personally though, I hate going in levels and seeing bots run the room, how annoying.

I hate a lot things too. If I see that in a world. I just leave it. Nothing more to be angry over.
Some bots is going to run the room, because it's not anything new in EE. Peoples get bored and add something self to the game.

Last edited by doh (May 29 2012 12:42:55 pm)

#94 Before February 2015

xXLegacyXx

Without bots. My crew would get 1000x worse. I am a programming crew after all. We don't share any bots and none do any harm to players. I agree some bots are being used to ruin EE like crashing worlds just for their own entertainment. I don't think anyone should be banned for having bots. And as Tako said minecraft has many mods. Many thousands and hundreds of mods. Minecraft has become popular because of that, with many new ideas. Some are used to harm worlds. Some are used for more entertainment. On EE some bots are used to make the game more fun. Some bots are used to harm.

#95 Before February 2015

John

lrussell wrote:

I personally see no issue with bots as long as people aren't spamming or causing chaos. But bots like GBot and EE Artist and stuff have become just that, chaos. Bot on the other hand, bots like EX Crew Shift are bots that bring meaning, and even more fun to the game, which I sincerely support. So not all bots are bad, but when just anyone can get it, it is no longer special and is just, as I said before, pure chaos!

So all in all, I'm for bots, but not the public ones. If you make a bot, remember, the smartest thing to do is keep it to yourself, and ignore the noobs bugging you. :rolleyes:

Agreed, Lrussell.

PW?scale=2

#96 Before February 2015

xRichTofenx

Bots probally will last till the end of time literally maybe some day bots will just come to a end but I doubt it they can be useful but some people use the bot for bad doings most of them do.

#97 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

whatter wrote:

all the ..... bots, programs it must stop now
ee isn't nice anymore
after artist did come snakes and other stuff and now a coin collector
its all shared and i don't like it

someone make a banner to ban all botters!
ee must back to normal

I agree with you but not all because one of them is CYPH1E   and EX CREW is one of the most enjoyable   activities of EE partly why I'm for and against, perhaps filling bots. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

EE Now is the "bot paraise" and i dont like,3 bots in EE is for good,but no 2019398495 bots.

gLjTZE1.png

#98 Before February 2015

rold1212

i was once a bot user.... but i realized how boring it is... i remembered the past, it was peaceful and nice to play with.. but now.. its getting worse.... bots are getting viral... they will do anything just to get a bot (or am i exaggerating??) which is terribly insane... yes. bots can make our gameplay easier and faster. with just a single click, you can do almost anything you can do (or am i exaggerating again -_- ??)..

image4.png?uid=2141348&m=3
Yep, I am nub \(*w*\)

#99 Before February 2015

Persona

You are probably not exaggerating, but then you are giving your experience, and not are.
You are also trying to make it fact that trying to get a bot is terribly insane, when it is not.   I think I am pretty damn normal if you ask me, and I hunt for bots all the time in hopes I can find something that will assist me in levels, not to say I am lazy, but I would rather use technology that is out there to make it easy on me.

People saying bots ruin EE is just an over exageration.   Using bots is totally normal if you ask me, it just adds to your experience, and others hopefully.
I think people claiming Bots ruin EE is just saying the use of the /kick command is ruining ee, which it is not.

#100 Before February 2015

abrar11

theres a new bot out called "Beta Bot" though it hacks your account so dont tryit

whatter 142392224739185

Board footer