Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Quickchat

Does anyone really find great use in saying 'Right.' and 'Left.'?

We could have much better quickchat options.

So this thread is to discuss:

A. Can you think of instances where saying 'Right.' and 'Left.' has helped?

B. What should be added to quickchat?

#2 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

Re: Quickchat

When a player is asking you to follow them in a certain direction, they may say "Right" or "Left" ? also, when someone is trying to agree with someone, they may say "Right" , the quickchat command are fine.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#3 Before February 2015

Banana_Venom

I've used it for directing people.

#4 Before February 2015

Deetz

Right. Left. LEFT! LLEEEFFFFFTTTT! Right. Right. Right. Left.

And I think that makes my point. these commands are for the people who are nonchat and want to be chat. Let's not squelch their chattydreams.

#5 Before February 2015

tak4n

^Right.

I don't see anything wrong with it, I use it whenever I get bored of saying Hi. while playing Yo! Scroll.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#6 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

Really, they should just replace all quickchat commands with one big word-- "CODE?" That's all nonchats really want. Code. They have to try to express this through other quickchat commands like "Help me" and through smileys like the sad smiley, cry smiley, angel smiley, wonder smiley, etc.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#7 Before February 2015

skullz17

I remember before I had chat I had to use quickchat.

Do you know how agonizing it is to be trying to tell someone something but they just can't understand because there aren't the words you need?

Of course it was worse before quickchat came out, but at that time there wasn't even hope of getting a message across, so it didn't bother me much.

Anyway I think there should be more phrases. I've played other multiplayer games like AQWorlds and their phrases are a lot better because they have focused on what players usually say to each other. This can be applied to EE with what iPwner said about one of them saying "Code?"

Last edited by skullz16 (Feb 18 2013 9:01:38 am)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#8 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

Possible quickchat commands: Sorry, Yay, Code, Go Away... etc.

#9 Before February 2015

skullz17

Here are a couple of AQWorlds examples:

ABK0TZy.png

gQ5emV3.png

They have good useful phrases and some could be put into EE.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#10 Before February 2015

gustav9797

A: No.
B: "**** you!", "Go to hell!"

No really quickchat is totally useless.
MrShoe raised the chat payment to 3 dollars, which makes even more people without proper chat. It's dumb.

uzjIGfi.gif

#11 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

Skullz16 no it wasn't that bad, all you had to do was use certain smileys and follow them around and such. For example, once this guy called Dullrainbows helped me in a level. Then, later, I saw he was running his ninja get code level. He didn't recognize me at first, but since I followed him and used the angel, XD, and coy smiley (which i used alot at the time) he finally recognized me and gave me code! Also, if you used cry smiley or sad smiley and followed around a god alot, there was a good chance that u would get code... the sad smileys just made everyone feel so bad! ;-;

Im A ®a®ity ®

#12 Before February 2015

Bobyy

It's fun to use it for trolling people in what direction to go in and I sometimes use it to confuse a troll which makes them stop sometimes. (trolling a troll xD)   Also I like to abuse it sometimes for those of you who have me on your friend list you know what I mean.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#13 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I don't have chat and I'm a bit disappointed with the current quickchat. I would like to have more, not less.

#14 Before February 2015

Persona

Honestly, the whole pay for chat is a okay idea, as it does make parents pay and verify that thier kid can chat, but the whole quick chat can be improved.

Then again it depends on your perception of how kids should be verified.

#15 Before February 2015

joffre13

welcome to the true EE my folks.Mr shoe:QUICKCHAT IS USELESS, BUY CHAT WITH 1100 $ !!!!!LLOLOLOL.In my vision about mr shoe.

Yes is useless i say only:hi,right,left,bye.stupid chat commands why i cant say ''get out of here'' when i am blocked or ''he's the troll' when someones troll and many chat commands,or EVEN say 'hahahahha' as a chat command.But dont get expected of this because shoe wants ur lovely money.

#16 Before February 2015

Persona

joffre13 wrote:

welcome to the true EE my folks.Mr shoe:QUICKCHAT IS USELESS, BUY CHAT WITH 1100 $ !!!!!LLOLOLOL.In my vision about mr shoe.

Yes is useless i say only:hi,right,left,bye.stupid chat commands why i cant say ''get out of here'' when i am blocked or ''he's the troll' when someones troll and many chat commands,or EVEN say 'hahahahha' as a chat command.But dont get expected of this because shoe wants ur lovely money.

Callllm down.   MrSh0e is a good sh0e.   You just need to chill out.
Personally, i'm glad he prevented users like you to get chat.   Just do not share the code, problem solved.
If not, you have your own issue to fdeal with.

#17 Before February 2015

Shift

tomkazaz wrote:

Quick chat is useless. End of story. Unless you can explain yourself in 10 basic words.

Every single one of the quickchat phrases can be useful in various circumstances. If you have chat then obviously you're only reason to use it is to screw with those who don't, but others would certainly be able to appreciate phrases such as "Help me!"

#18 Before February 2015

Persona

tomkazaz wrote:

Quick chat is useless. End of story. Unless you can explain yourself in 10 basic words.

Maybe in your pea sized mind, sure.

MODEDIT: The author of this post has been warned for flaming

Last edited by Different55 (Feb 19 2013 4:25:01 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

tomkazaz wrote:

I would like it if non-chats like me got some respect.

#20 Before February 2015

skullz17

A few phrases that could be added since they are used frequently by people with chat:

Great art!

You could improve on your art.

Great minis!

You could improve on your minis.

This is a fun world!

This is boring...

Can I have permission to edit?

Someone is trolling!

This mini is too hard!

Watch how I do this mini.
Because there might be too many, you could have a drop down list with tabs. You could have one for things like hello and goodbye, one for questions, one for answers, and one for exclamations (like 'Stop it!').

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#21 Before February 2015

Sensei1

I'm sorry is missing! There's all other stuff but not I'm sorry! I've wanted to say that to many non-chatters.

#22 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

tomkazaz wrote:

Not even ten, I'm pretty sure it's eight.

#23 Before February 2015

Bobyy

It's actually useful because I can use it to chat to Benje00 on EENinja and other nonchats and I like saying Hi. to nonchats on EE.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#24 Before February 2015

Shift

tomkazaz wrote:

There are 10 phrases:

Hi.   Goodbye.     Help me!     Thank you.     Follow me.     Stop!     Yes.     No.     Right.     Left.

Now tell me, quickchat fans, how can you possibly communicate with these ?

Hi. - If you want to appear friendly or attract someone's attention, saying "Hi." is a nice way to start. Unless you're implying you've never greeted anything in existence before...

Goodbye. - If you want to notify anyone that you're leaving.

Help me! - If you need help (trapped, can't figure out the mini, etc).

Thank you. - If someone does something you like, you may say "Thank you." in order to declare your gratitude.

Stop! - If someone does something annoying, whether that be key spamming, crown spamming, trolling, etc, saying "Stop!" is much more effective than saying "".

Yes. - If someone does something you like, you may say "Yes." in order to declare your agreement.

No. - If someone does something you don't like, you may say "No." in order to declare your distaste.

Right. - If someone does something you like, you may say "Right." in order to declare your agreement. If you want to point out something to your right, then saying "Right." is much more effective than saying "".

Left. - If you want to point out something to your left, then saying "Left." is much more effective than saying "".

Satisfied?

Although the 10 short phrases aren't much help compared to full-on chat, they're far more helpful than a total lack of communication.

#25 Before February 2015

Sensei1

tomkazaz wrote:

There are 10 phrases:

Hi.   Goodbye.     Help me!     Thank you.     Follow me.     Stop!     Yes.     No.     Right.     Left.

Now tell me, quickchat fans, how can you possibly communicate with these ?

A: Hi.
B: Hi.
A: Help me!
*B gives code
A: Thank you.
*A starts trolling
B: Stop!
A: No.

Terence22205 142392590235530

Board footer