Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Claw machines: A ripoff, studies prove such.

Last year i decided to undertake a study with a weird type of crane game, ya know, the type where you put in money and try to get the claw to hook onto a prize to drag it to the drop box.
ANYWHO, long story short, on the studies, it takes 4 plays to get one win, after you lose three times, you win once, so this is a true money waster, please, after you win once, don't feed more money into those machines >_> I'm pretty sure it doesn't go anywhere useful, too.

#2 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Claw machines: A ripoff, studies prove such.

There was a little scissor thing at a mall I went to, there was an ipad and a 3ds hanging by a string. 50 cents per game. Once you move to the left, you can't move it anymore to the left. You have to get it just right or the scissors [which are, of course, dull as ...] won't cut.
It's obviously a ripoff, you could probably just buy the item you want in the first place.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Jul 27 2011 12:56:42 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I played this cube stack game that is rigged. I know it's rigged because I landed on the Grand Prize and it just moved a block over and said I lost. I could have won an iPod touch though. There was this one game at the same place where it was a rotating mirror and there were keys on it. Thin you had to move the keys into the whole on this thin rolling bar and it was nearly impossible to do. But if you had perfect timing you could win it. I know because it actually worked before. The prizes have usually a Wii or PS3 inside.

But now, I don't trust those things anymore. I saw the scissor thing Zoey was talking about at my mall too. It's rigged. The blade is so dull, that's why it usually never works. It's a waste of money.

Last edited by Shy Guy (Jul 27 2011 6:25:51 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I've played both the cube stack and the scissor game. Me and my friend spent a few bucks at the theater playing the cube stack. It must be rigged because, like Shy Guy said, we got to the Grand Prize row a few times, and, even with our flawless timing, still missed the last cube, always by one space.

I gave the scissor game one try. When I realized the scissors only move to the left I rage quit. By the way, it was two bucks a game. :/

#5 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I've only ever seen the skill crane before.   I always win, so....

32ortonedge32dh.gif

The First Gamer 1423637864323568

Board footer