Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

calculusguy

My rating of this forum.

I have made a rating of this forum. It is...
Highlight to see:
--------------------------------------
System (how forum works):960/1000

This is because the forumify system is very good, only a little could be added to make it better (like user talkpage or spoiler tags).
Moderation:840/1000

This is because the mods/admins respond to reports after a short period of time (or whenever they get on). Also, Different55 is very active with 7000 posts, which makes the rating good too. However, -20 for not removing trolled rep.
Userbase (the users in general):037/1000

This is because most people on this forum (not going to say any names) don't even read my posts. Some, like TM02 (can I use that?), Helvi, Jasonma, and Different55, actually read. But that doesn't have enough power to bring a score of 0 very high. Also, I subtracted my
trolled rep from the score.
2.gif
Comments?

Last edited by calculusguy (Nov 11 2011 5:41:05 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Nou

Re: My rating of this forum.

The part where people "don't read your posts" is not necessarily to blame on the userbase. Sure it consists mostly of young children that don't really read stuff and just post useless garbage, but you also need to make your posts attractive to read.

For example, your thread here is a wall of text. Add some blank spaces in there to give it some more structure, now it just looks a bit messy.

Then I see you often argue with people on the forum and you seem to find it difficult to take negative criticism. This will drive away people from your threads as well.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, this forum doesn't have a great playerbase, but that's all because EE attracts the younger crowd and, unfortunately, the younger crowd don't make for a great userbase.

I'd say stop being bitter, people do read your threads but they might not always reply (as I mostly do, otherwise I'd have over 5000 post now but I don't like to spam).

Also, I'd give the "system" a much lower score: the search function doesn't work too great and it's stupidly hard to find back your own posts because under the "show all posts" button it's ordered by thread activity, so threads that I've replied in a year ago can still be on top.

When it comes to moderation: they're doing a pretty good job, there's just 1 window of a few hours a day when no mod is on, and that's when the raids happen. I don't see why people like raiding but yea.

No u.

#3 Before February 2015

smileyxp

good ratings except for that last one.
people wont always read your posts.
but those that do
don't always comment
some might not have an account here on the forums.

#4 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Nou wrote:

The part where people "don't read your posts" is not necessarily to blame on the userbase. Sure it consists mostly of young children that don't really read stuff and just post useless garbage, but you also need to make your posts attractive to read.

For example, your thread here is a wall of text. Add some blank spaces in there to give it some more structure, now it just looks a bit messy.

Then I see you often argue with people on the forum and you seem to find it difficult to take negative criticism. This will drive away people from your threads as well.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, this forum doesn't have a great playerbase, but that's all because EE attracts the younger crowd and, unfortunately, the younger crowd don't make for a great userbase.

I'd say stop being bitter, people do read your threads but they might not always reply (as I mostly do, otherwise I'd have over 5000 post now but I don't like to spam).

Also, I'd give the "system" a much lower score: the search function doesn't work too great and it's stupidly hard to find back your own posts because under the "show all posts" button it's ordered by thread activity, so threads that I've replied in a year ago can still be on top.

When it comes to moderation: they're doing a pretty good job, there's just 1 window of a few hours a day when no mod is on, and that's when the raids happen. I don't see why people like raiding but yea.

Although you are one of my favorite forumers. And spaces added.

calculusguy 1423707113254319

Board footer