Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Post Restrictions Have Decreased

The time you need to wait between posts has been decreased from 30 seconds to just 25.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#2 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Re: Post Restrictions Have Decreased

Yes, I noticed, but I thought it was a privlige for people with more than 1000 posts or so.

#3 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Only you would notice this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#4 Before February 2015

Nou

Increase it to 10 minutes imo. Stoopid spammers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

No u.

#5 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Nou wrote:

Increase it to 10 minutes imo. Stoopid spammers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

10 minutes=Rage.

#6 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

calculusguy wrote:

Yes, I noticed, but I thought it was a privlige for people with more than 1000 posts or so.

No, it was thirty seconds for me a few weeks ago.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#7 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Nou wrote:

Yes. Yesyesyes.

Makes you think long and hard about what you're about to say. :>

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#8 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

We just need to have post approval. We have at least 1 semi-active mod. This would work well.

#9 Before February 2015

calculusguy

You=semiactive mod? Or maybe bass should be the SA mod.

I noticed this when I almost double posted (lag). So a fail bug lets you discover more things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#10 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I thought it was Different? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#11 Before February 2015

Bimps

test
EDIT: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile! Though they never were a problem for me.

Last edited by Bimps (Dec 5 2011 6:52:50 am)

#12 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

IMO it should be 15.   I often open every active topic in every section and try to make a quality post in each one, but I can write a quality post in ten seconds.   So I have to wait another fifteen after I write it to hit the post button.

Maybe the restrictions should go down after a certain post count?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#13 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I think I've came upon one time in my entire year of foruming that I've actually had to wait. 25 seconds isn't even that long, on Gaia, it's about 45 seconds, which IS a problem when you're posting in a giveaway thread, or in the chatterbox. But I digress.

I don't think it needs to be decreased, it cuts down on the time it takes people to spam, which is really helpful if you're a spammer/inappropriate content SPAMMER.
No wonder you have so many posts, you try your damnedest to post in every topic. It's taken me a good three minutes to type this up, but that's probably because I somehow got distracted with how the blinking cursor moves with the arrows. So either stop posting so much or type more, or you know, fully read every post in every topic.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#14 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

"I don't think it needs to be decreased, it cuts down on the time it takes people to spam, which is really helpful if you're a spammer/inaproppriate content SPAMMER."
I don't think it needs to either, it would just be nice for me.

"No wonder you have so many posts, you try your damnedest to post in every topic."
I don't try to, I just end up doing it because I have something to say in most topics I read.   And I don't have that many.

"It's taken me a good three minutes to type this up, but that's probably because I somehow got distracted with how the blinking cursor moves with the arrows."
Weird.

"So either stop posting so much or type more, or you know, fully read every post in every topic."
I DO read every post in every topic, unless I haven't slept for a few days, in which case I'll only read the OP's and mod's posts to see if anything worth noting happened.   And I won't stop posting so much, I just post when I have something to say, which happens more often then not.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

"I don't think it needs to be decreased, it cuts down on the time it takes people to spam, which is really helpful if you're a spammer/inaproppriate content SPAMMER."
I don't think it needs to either, it would just be nice for me.

"No wonder you have so many posts, you try your damnedest to post in every topic."
I don't try to, I just end up doing it because I have something to say in most topics I read.   And I don't have that many.

"It's taken me a good three minutes to type this up, but that's probably because I somehow got distracted with how the blinking cursor moves with the arrows."
Weird.

"So either stop posting so much or type more, or you know, fully read every post in every topic."
I DO read every post in every topic, unless I haven't slept for a few days, in which case I'll only read the OP's and mod's posts to see if anything worth noting happened.   And I won't stop posting so much, I just post when I have something to say, which happens more often then not.

Oh, because being #6 of 5173 isn't that many. I've been here for an entire year, I've been here since the beginning, I've been on the forums almost every single day, and I have a little over a thousand posts. I can tell you back when Flare was the first person to get a thousand posts, and the mod elections, and how RPGMaster even mentioned how he would be a bad mod. And you have almost triple the amount of posts I have.
And   it does take me a while to post because I'm probably typing at a good 60 wpm (I actually just took a typing test to confirm that) instead of my max of 80 or 90ish. So I've spent over two minutes typing this, deducting the two typing tests I took, and I checked the time halfway through my post.

So if you somehow have to wait between posts, you either read both topics and then compose a somewhat decent post, or you compose a post for both, hit submit on one and do it on the others. I don't know what you do, but perhaps you should seriously just actually think your posts out.
+ hahaha. inappropriate content is censored to 'inaproppriate content.' And inappropriate is spelled wrong.
[That's +4 minutes composing that last paragraph, including the time it took me to tell Twipply that I quite enjoy getting 8 hours of sleep and going to bed at 3 am and waking up at 3 pm isn't something I could do.]

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#16 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

But...I can compose a decent post in ten to twenty seconds.   I figure I can compose a thought-out paragraph in a minute or less (judging from estimated times writing in defense of Chris' decisions).

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#17 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Personally, I'd prefer a well thought out lengthy paragraph than a two or three sentence rebuttal. Plus I think trying to justify a lack of communication with Chris is just stupid, but that's a whole 'nother story and we're derailing this topic enough.

This post took four minutes to write. To think I was somewhat rushing, too.

#18 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Wow, I don't see how three sentences can take four minutes (except for run-on sentences, but they don't count).   I think, if you can get your message out in a sentence or three (like you just did), then why not?

This post took less than a minute.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

wtfux bro, as soon as I posted something in that other topic, you replied to me again.
Because I debate what I write a lot, probably, because I try to make it make as much sense as I possibly could.

I suppose it all depends on the things you're writing and unfortunatly I can't finish typing anything better because it's 8:30 and that's my bed time.
Night.

32OrtonEdge32dh1423707458253974

Board footer