Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

It's hilarious that you wonder why Chris doesn't visit the forums.

(Companion post to this one)
You blame Chris for not coming here ever, but it's 100% your fault.   He was here as a way to associate with the community, see what you were interested in and what you would like to see added.   But three things changed that:

1. The noobs
I don't mean noobs as in levelmakers, I mean the people who go "omg lol1qe!   we ned a kitty an a doog smiylee!!!11!!1"   This is annoyingg to everyone, especially when it's directed at you (or in this case, Chris).

2. The whiners (pre-update)
These are very common, the ones that go "OMG!   We haven't had an update in over [insert time period here]!   Chris needs to get off his lazy **** and work!"   First of all, Chris has a job, and a life.   This is just a hobby that he does on the side.   Second, you're lucky he EVER updates the game!   Most Flash games are lucky to get one update ever.   Which brings us to the third group...

3. The whiners (post-update)
These are the most common.   This doesn't count people who report bugs, of course.   This is the "OMG!   Chris just ruined my art!" or "Chris ruined my minigames!"   It's not YOUR art, it's not YOUR minigames.   In the grand scheme of things, it's all Chris'.   He could take this game down tomorrow if he wanted, and you could do NOTHING about it.

tl;dr: Chris left because you whine too much.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#2 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: It's hilarious that you wonder why Chris doesn't visit the forums.

It's hilarious that you think it's our fault.

I don't care if it's hell for him to come here, he needs to communicate with his community before he makes an update. Sure it's his game, but it's the right thing to do.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 5 2011 6:28:40 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#3 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

No he doesn't.   It's his game, not ours.

It's just a hobby of his.   He fiddles with it, and makes it to his liking.   That's it.

Last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (Dec 3 2011 11:05:57 am)

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#4 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i agree with tako. i know he might hate some of the members, but that problem wouldnt exist if he talked to us before updates.

#5 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

It's not that he hates them, he just hates the monotony.
1. Complain about lack of updates
2. Update
3. Complain about update
4. Fix stuff
5. Repeat steps 1-4

Even if he talks to us, there'll always be a big group of people that complain.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#6 Before February 2015

Shift

TakoMan02 wrote:

It's hilarious that you think it's our fault.

I don't care if it's hell for him to come here, he needs to communicate with his community before be makes an update.

This.

If he's going to continue making such huge decisions for the community as a whole, then it's his duty to be a part of it!

Sort of off-topic: Is the person who moderates every comment that goes on the blog? I posted a really good reply to the decoration update, waited for it to be moderated, and now it's gone. He can't handle my epicness.

#7 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Anyone who can post (not comment, post) on the blog can moderate comments.   So it's Chris and RPG.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#8 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

It's just a hobby of his.   He fiddles with it, and makes it to his liking.   That's it.

You couldn't be any more wrong, in my opinion. This used to be a hobby, now it's a business. Anything he "fiddles with" needs to attract more people so he can make more money.

#9 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

If he wants to make a change, he can.   If he doesn't want something in, he can take it out.   What's it to you if he wants to (possibly) lose money?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TakoMan02 wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

You couldn't be any more wrong, in my opinion. This used to be a hobby, now it's a business. Anything he "fiddles with" needs to attract more people so he can make more money.

It's still his business and he can **** with anything he wants to.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I agree 100%. That's all I can say. Chris can do what he wants with this game because he made it, not us.

#12 Before February 2015

LD3H

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

You blame Chris for not coming here ever, but it's 100% your fault.   He was here as a way to associate with the community, see what you were interested in and what you would like to see added.   But three things changed that:

1. The noobs
I don't mean noobs as in levelmakers, I mean the people who go "omg lol1qe!   we ned a kitty an a doog smiylee!!!11!!1"   This is annoyingg to everyone, especially when it's directed at you (or in this case, Chris).

These are very common, the ones that go "OMG!   We haven't had an update in over [insert time period here]!   Chris needs to get off his lazy **** and work!"   First of all, Chris has a job, and a life.   This is just a hobby that he does on the side.   Second, you're lucky he EVER updates the game!   Most Flash games are lucky to get one update ever.   Which brings us to the third group...

These are the most common.   This doesn't count people who report bugs, of course.   This is the "OMG!   Chris just ruined my art!" or "Chris ruined my minigames!"   It's not YOUR art, it's not YOUR minigames.   In the grand scheme of things, it's all Chris'.   He could take this game down tomorrow if he wanted, and you could do NOTHING about it.

Agree.

#13 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Look, Chris can, and has, done whatever his little heart desires with the game. Does that mean he should? No, not at all.

But if he wants to please more people, he must communicate with us. No exceptions. It's a rudimentary moral standard. Just because he has the option to ignore us doesn't mean he should. Just because we annoy him doesn't mean he should ignore us in the event he cares about what we want, which he has indicated by his interest in our time and money.

#14 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Let's use another game as an example.   Take Bloons Tower Defense 4.   People dumped money into it (me included) to get new features, much like EE.   The creator, NinjaKiwi (Chris incarnate), doesn't seem to listen to the players much, much like EE.   But he released a super update last month that included a couple things that people suggested, much like EE, and that was enough for people to not whine anymore.   Why can't we do that?

Last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (Dec 3 2011 12:43:50 pm)

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Because Chris isn't as smart as NinjaKiwi and he doesn't think things through. This much is for certain.

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I guess the theory I heard was a LIE.
(Chris forgot his password is the theory...)

#17 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

I guess the theory I heard was a LIE.
(Chris forgot his password is the theory...)

NOT LIKE HE CAN INTO FORGOT PASSWORD OR HAVE CYC RESET IT FOR HIM OR ANYTHING, LOL.

Logic, how does it work?

I don't understand why he expects us to believe that.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Dec 3 2011 7:59:05 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#18 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I had that same debunking in my original post, which didn't go through.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 Before February 2015

Shift

I noticed you chose to ignore this little bit, much like Chris did.

Shift wrote:

If he's going to continue making such huge decisions for the community as a whole, then it's his duty to be a part of it!

I dare you to disagree.

#20 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

1. The noobs

These are the most common.   This doesn't count people who report bugs, of course.   This is the "OMG!   Chris just ruined my art!" or "Chris ruined my minigames!"   It's not YOUR art, it's not YOUR minigames.   In the grand scheme of things, it's all Chris's.   He could take this game down tomorrow if he wanted, and you could do NOTHING about it.

Fixed your grammar.

You said Chris' which implies that the game belongs to more than one Chri.

:.|:;

#21 Before February 2015

Nou

The problem is that Chris has a hearing impediment apparently. While RPG passes messages and good suggestions through to him, Chris usually just ignores his pleads and goes his own way. It has nothing to do with communication, just him being stubborn.

To the people saying "it's his game he can do what he want": shut up.... just...... shut up.
Ever heard of "caring" or even "passion" for your creation? There are many great ideas for EE that would make it even more fun or perhaps even redefine EE, but Chris just doesn't do anything with them. Instead, he adds stuff that's way down the priority list, he makes big promises but never goes through with them (EE 1.0 anyone?), he adds new stuff without fixing old stuff first, and then the new stuff also goes mostly untested and is implemented with a ton of bugs anyway.
It's just clear he really doesn't care much for the game, which is a shame because EE has SO much potential, but it never sees light because of Chris's carelessness.

No u.

#22 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

personally, i think the best thing for chris to do is quit and hand the source code over to toby and cyclone. at least they would listen to us before the make a bad update.

#23 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Fiendish Llama wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

blah

1. The noobs
blah

blah

These are the most common.   This doesn't count people who report bugs, of course.   This is the "OMG!   Chris just ruined my art!" or "Chris ruined my minigames!"   It's not YOUR art, it's not YOUR minigames.   In the grand scheme of things, it's all Chris's.   He could take this game down tomorrow if he wanted, and you could do NOTHING about it.

Fixed your grammar.

You said Chris' which implies that the game belongs to more than one Chri.

No, you DON'T add a second s after the ', it's a grammar thing.   Perhaps you're from Britain?   Pretty much the only place that they still do that, as far as research tells me.

----------------------------

Shift wrote:

I disagree.   These decisions aren't for the community, they are for him.   He couldn't care less if one or one million people are in the community, he doesn't even care if there IS one.   All he cares about is making his little pet project better TO HIM.   It's like if you are making origami.   Other people can come around and watch, and even shout out ideas, but in the end, you're forming it on your own to your liking.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#24 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Shift wrote:

I disagree.   These decisions aren't for the community, they are for him.   He couldn't care less if one or one million people are in the community, he doesn't even care if there IS one.   All he cares about is making his little pet project better TO HIM.   It's like if you are making origami.   Other people can come around and watch, and even shout out ideas, but in the end, you're forming it on your own to your liking.

Then what's the point of gems?

To look pretty?

And what about advertisements?

He wants more people so he can earn more money. He cares a lot about how many people play the game.

If he wants more money then he needs to talk with his community before he loses all the valuable players on the forum and game.

It's like origami, except you're getting paid to make it. Make it look ugly? People leave, and you get paid less. That's why he needs to check with the community before he makes a fold.

#25 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

If he cared about the money, or how many people played the game, he would check with the community.   So he obviously doesn't.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

32OrtonEdge32dh1423707558253874

Board footer