Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Some ideas for the rep system

NOT ME COMPLAINING ABOUT REP

2 ideas to prevent "hit and run minus-repping" and -repping multiple people quickly:

After giving a rep, you must wait 24 hours before you can turn it off.
After giving a rep, you must wait 45 (?) minutes before you can give someone else a rep.

This should stop people who turn on rep, reptroll, then turn off rep. Although I have done it before, I think it really is annoying, as its been done to me before.

#2 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Re: Some ideas for the rep system

For the second one, you have to wait 5 hours to give rep. So that's already been done.

#3 Before February 2015

Nou

Or stop caring about rep and tadaa everything is fixed.

No u.

#4 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Monstar43 wrote:

For the second one, you have to wait 5 hours to give rep. So that's already been done.

someone else

It was even underlined.

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 4 2011 1:37:21 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Monstar43

I was confused ok? I thought you meant anyone other than yourself, when I say that I mean like repping someone and waiting like 5 hours. I didn't know you meant you repped someone and you want to rep someone else, but you have to wait 45 mins.

#6 Before February 2015

Cyral

Loled on the first one considering you reptrolled me

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#7 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Nou wrote:

BUT REP IZ LIEK TEH MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THESE FORUMZZZZ!!! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!? I AM THE MAN WITH THE MOST REPPP ON HERWE. YOURE JUST JEALPUS!! NOBODY EVEN KNOWS WHO YOU R. NOU? WHO IS THAT?! /sarcasm

But yeah. Rep doesn't need to be changed, people do.

#8 Before February 2015

Twipply

Nou wrote:

I don't like being raped.
- Stop caring about being raped and tadaa everything is fixed.

#9 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Twipply wrote:
Nou wrote:

I don't like being raped.
- Stop caring about being raped and tadaa everything is fixed.

That's not exactly apples and apples. More like apples and steak.

#10 Before February 2015

Twipply

Chewy wrote:

I was just thinking what it'd be like to eat steak with apples, but apparently it does actually kind of exist.   I didn't mean to suggest that something as trivial as reputation on a forum is comparable to being raped, but that the general idea of "Stop caring and it doesn't matter anymore" isn't a good one.   Although, if he cares a lot about his rep, maybe the two do start to become comparable.

Last edited by Twipply (Dec 4 2011 10:36:39 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Twipply wrote:
Chewy wrote:

I was just thinking what it'd be like to eat steak with apples, but apparently it does actually kind of exist.   I didn't mean to suggest that something as trivial as reputation on a forum is comparable to being raped, but that the general idea of "Stop caring and it doesn't matter anymore" isn't a good one.   Although, if he cares a lot about his rep, maybe the two do start to become comparable.

Careful Twipply. You wouldn't want a warning for being off topic. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Ok then. I declare this thread un-derailed.

#12 Before February 2015

Twipply

Chewy wrote:

Careful Twipply. You wouldn't want a warning for being off topic. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Ok then. I declare this thread un-derailed.

I suspect a majority of my posts are only slightly related to the topic.

By the way.
Do everything calculusguy says, his ideas are totally genius.

#13 Before February 2015

krubby

uggh. rep is just a way to make the fancy talkers look speshal

#14 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

the best way to fix rep is to stop caring when someone clicks a meaningless button.

#15 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Even though rep is meaningless, these are pretty good ideas. Like it or not, rep is important to certain people of this forum and it's important to cater to everyone.

#16 Before February 2015

Calicara

I think the best idea would be to have a limit for how long you have to wait before you can enable your reputation.

For example: Random noob turns on reputation to -rep someone, then goes to turn their rep off. All of a sudden random user is enraged because he cannot -rep the other person back.

But is randon noob turns on rep to -rep someone, then can't turn it off, it at least gives the random user time to -rep them back.

It would also prevent (as mentioned above) -rep trolling, then turning off your rep.

#17 Before February 2015

Master1

So... let me get this straight... You complained about rep for 3 months, did countless hit and run reps to people, and now you tell us not to complain?!?

The way your mind works is very odd...

Anyways though these ideas are kind of good. It would be nice to have them added.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#18 Before February 2015

calculusguy

calculusguy wrote:

NOT ME COMPLAINING ABOUT REP
...Although I have done it before, I think it really is annoying, as its been done to me before.

Forgot something?

@Failgirl:
The problem is,

For example: Random noob turns on reputation to -rep someone, then goes to turn their rep off. All of a sudden random user is enraged because he cannot -rep the other person back.

But is random noob turns on rep to -rep someone, then can't turn it off, it at least gives the random user time to -rep them back.

What if the random user cannot get on for a few hours, then random noob turns rep off, and he still rages?

@Master
(Not flaming)
According to my last check, you did HaR (hit and run) -rep me once.

@RPG
Thanks!

@Twipply
Do you really mean it?

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 5 2011 4:42:53 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Master1

calculusguy, I could really care less about my rep, why would I HaR on you?!? doesn't matter to me if you -rep me back.

#20 Before February 2015

calculusguy

HaR HaR HaR. (it means hahaha, but with a r.) I actually don't know, ask yourself. Oh wait, that was klmaster. Wait, weren't they the same?

#21 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Failgirl101 wrote:

I think the best idea would be to have a limit for how long you have to wait before you can enable your reputation.

But is randon noob turns on rep to -rep someone, then can't turn it off, it at least gives the random user time to -rep them back.

It would also prevent (as mentioned above) -rep trolling, then turning off your rep.

So you want to enable revenge repping, which is considered rep trolling.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#22 Before February 2015

Calicara

Well no not really, but at least this way it will be harder to get away with hit and run rep.

Though personally my reputation doesn't mean a lot to me, so whatever happens... meh...

#23 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Yes. "meh".

But don't forget:

and it's important to cater to everyone.

#24 Before February 2015

Shift

Rep should just be disabled completely. Why should we care about the little number that hides beneath our post count? Because it's pretty? Great answer.

#25 Before February 2015

Master1

yes, I am KLMaster. They finnaly changed my forum name to match my ign.

calculusguy 1423708523252909

Board footer