Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Regarding the (current) 'Justice System'

I believe it'd be nice, considerably fair if warnings were temporary.
I do acknowledge that some mods - not going to call names - like to take offense in nearly everything and show off their e-dominance, but it's annoying when something you posed years ago is in defense of your ban.

In addition, warning someone based off of mere assumptions or jokes that might personally offend only them has powerhungry written all over it.

Last edited by ?tilla (Apr 19 2013 10:45:33 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#2 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Re: Regarding the (current) 'Justice System'

I agree that warnings should decay over time, like 1 every two months. I also agree that some of the mods - not naming anyone - seem to have stick-up-yer-butt-itis and should let some things slide.

:.|:;

#3 Before February 2015

Arceus64

This sounds like a fair idea. People change over time - why punish them longer for something they did in the beginning?

#4 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

^ Exactly. A couple of years ago when I started actually talking to people on the web (on Facebook, the forums etc.) I had the idea that there were no consequences for what I did, that the magical anonymity that the internet provides somehow protected me from people getting angry when I acted like an annoying 8 year old. I am a different person now, and I would not want to be banned for several months for something that I did 2 years ago.

:.|:;

#5 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I completely agree, I've been on the forums since 2010, so why should I still have warnings from 2010, especially when no one knows what they're even for? A decay would be a good idea, but alas! None of the mods browse the forum, it seems.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#6 Before February 2015

Echo!

I agree. I do not have much more to say, apart from that.

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I like this idea a lot and it's been suggested several times but nobody knows a good way to get it to work with the current system.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Different55 wrote:

I like this idea a lot and it's been suggested several times but nobody knows a good way to get it to work with the current system.

Aren't warnings and such logged & modifiable? There doesn't need to be an automated script for everything, either.

Though,
If the forum software is flexible enough, a simple date analysis script could be triggered that disregards [x] warnings, based on a time preset.

I reckon moderators can't do anything to that extent, so in order for this to be possible, an administrator is needed.
Those, I haven't seen for quite a while.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 Before February 2015

Koto

I don't really get warnings, but I think that they should last about a year before they're gone.

#10 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I don't think there should be any system to abide by in doing this, I think it should just be run by human judgement.

aka towwl

XxAtillaxX1423711720249712

Board footer