Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

suggestion - knowing why you were banned

oh no, I got a one day ban!
...meaning I have to wait a day before I learn what I did wrong. I suggest that ban messages should give a snip or quote from the illegal post, so we know why we were banned. receiving an a pm and not being able to read it is annoying as hell.

#2 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: suggestion - knowing why you were banned

Why not make it so you can log on and check messages and read the forums, but you're not allowed to post or send anything?

Discord: jawp#5123

#3 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

the forum already has the tech to do that, blocking spambots from posting using untrusted whatever the fancy term is for connection, i would assume

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

It's possible to make the forums read-only for banned people. Just comment out the ban check on every page except post.php, send_message.php, and whatever other pages, but it's really up to Atilla and Meredith, who would have to go through the work to edit each file.

The tech you're talking about won't work in this situation. Detected spambots are locked up worse than banned users. They're not just prevented from posting, they're prevented from even seeing anything of the forums.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

no, i mean like ips. not allowing banned ips to post but still view the forum.

#6 Before February 2015

Creature

It's what i wanted to suggest, i dont like get banned for a thing i dont know, also, you could allow banned users give one message to who issued warning, cause moderators can wrong at giving warning too, but allow only a message, i dont like to use microsoft outlook.

This is a false statement.

#7 Before February 2015

Anch

I think this would be a good idea. Support!

Fdoou 1423713833247599

Board footer