Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

LuigiFan47

Translate button. NOW.

This guy wasn't my language and here Sam275 and I are, trapped in a new country.

YTR2K.png

I can't speak ANY of that. I tried /translate, but nothing happened. Please make a translate button! *snip'd due to Different55* jhRFy.png People are from different places, and if someone spoke not your language, would you waste your time TRYING to translate it in the chat? **** no! So what I'm saying is PLEASE ADD a translate button. It's the best for all.

Last edited by LuigiFan47 (Dec 14 2011 9:01:21 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Re: Translate button. NOW.

I agree and it could be powered by Google! But this won't work because everyone doesn't speak proper in their language so it might not work...

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#3 Before February 2015

I do agree with this - for example, seeing my compatriots being ignorant ****s and sometimes do stuff such as swear at people who only speak English and whatnot is just lame.
By the way, I speak Portuguese as a mother and first language and that's definitely not it, probably French or another European language.

Last edited by 0176 (Dec 14 2011 10:50:23 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

You didn't have to kick him, you know. You could have just ignored him.

And also, if I had to take a guess, I'd guess Romanian because for some odd reason the Numa Numa song begam playing in my head while I was reading his words. And plus 'Salut' is in the lyrics.
A quick google search informs me it's French, and it's 'what about [salvation, ???]'.

And how would you feel if someone kicked you for speaking English? You'd probably say, 'what the flying ****.'
Plus, you know, google translate is pretty bad, so Chris couldn't use that. He'd have to pretty much pay a professional to get translations, and I doubt he'd be able to make a 'translate' button because you'd have to figure out so many different things, because 'Salut' would have to be translated into 15ish different languages, and that's one word. In French. So it's unlikely, so I guess you're just stuck dealing with the fact that not everyone in the world speaks English.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I HAD TO KICK HIM FOR GODS SAKE

1. Please don't say that.
2. You did not have to. You could've ignored them.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

LuigiFan47 wrote:

I HAD TO KICK HIM FOR GODS SAKE

No you didn't.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

Shift

This would be a decent idea, though nearly pointless, if it weren't for the fact that very few people use proper grammar on the internet, especially when chatting. Yes, even foreign people get lazy.

#8 Before February 2015

2b3o4o

If Chris doesn't have the time to make a friends list there is no way he can make this.

And you could have just ignored him,their was no need to kick him.

#9 Before February 2015

Nico1a5

tahts spanish with bad grammar

#10 Before February 2015

LuigiFan47

Sorry guys, it's just that, I only speak ONE language, and I didn't know what to do. I never knew that was bad...
Okay. I'll ignore others next time it happens.

#11 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

It's not bad imo. It's you're room and you can do whatever the heck you want. I personally don't see the problem with it, because (just like how you're not allowed to speak a foreign language on an English thread on the forums) I like to know what they're saying without constantly going to Google translate.

If you're playing an English game, speak English. Simple enough.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#12 Before February 2015

Furkansmr

LuigiFan47 wrote:

This guy wasn't my language and here Sam275 and I are, trapped in a new country.

http://i.imgur.com/YTR2K.png

I can't speak ANY of that. I tried /translate, but nothing happened. Please make a translate button! *snip'd due to Different55* jhRFy.png People are from different places, and if someone spoke not your language, would you waste your time TRYING to translate it in the chat? **** no! So what I'm saying is PLEASE ADD a translate button. It's the best for all.

i love it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#13 Before February 2015

LuigiFan47

TakoMan02 wrote:

It's not bad imo. It's you're room and you can do whatever the heck you want. I personally don't see the problem with it, because (just like how you're not allowed to speak a foreign language on an English thread on the forums) I like to know what they're saying without constantly going to Google translate.

If you're playing an English game, speak English. Simple enough.

OKAY, OKAY!! GOD! YGMal.png I just didn't want him to think I'm speaking stupid. Plus, read this:

would you waste your time TRYING to translate it in the chat?

I would say Google Translator counts as chat. And if I'm wrong, DO NOT CORRECT ME. I ain't stupid. I'm a 4th grader (Just found out I'm going off-topic). Man, people these days just wasting their time translating some piece of **** of others'.

Last edited by LuigiFan47 (Dec 15 2011 4:56:08 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

monsterenergy

That was french !
I'm french too

#15 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

Zoey2070 wrote:

You didn't have to kick him, you know. You could have just ignored him.

And also, if I had to take a guess, I'd guess Romanian because for some odd reason the Numa Numa song begam playing in my head while I was reading his words. And plus 'Salut' is in the lyrics.
A quick google search informs me it's French, and it's 'what about [salvation, ???]'.

And how would you feel if someone kicked you for speaking English? You'd probably say, 'what the flying ****.'
Plus, you know, google translate is pretty bad, so Chris couldn't use that. He'd have to pretty much pay a professional to get translations, and I doubt he'd be able to make a 'translate' button because you'd have to figure out so many different things, because 'Salut' would have to be translated into 15ish different languages, and that's one word. In French. So it's unlikely, so I guess you're just stuck dealing with the fact that not everyone in the world speaks English.

um... this is an English game... and if most of the people around you are speaking English and you are french... you might as well use google translate...

#16 Before February 2015

LuigiFan47

God you guys gotta learn yourselfs now, I've already learned. Now you guys gotta learn.

#17 Before February 2015

Zoidy☺

Yeah, that's not romanian or spanish or any of that crap its French, just go to http://translate.google.com/ and set it to "Detect language" to "English" Or whatever you prefer...

#18 Before February 2015

LuigiFan47

Zoidy? wrote:

Yeah, that's not romanian or spanish or any of that crap its French, just go to http://translate.google.com/ and set it to "Detect language" to "English" Or whatever you prefer...

LuigiFan47 wrote:

God you guys gotta learn yourselfs now, I've already learned. Now you guys gotta learn.

Man I must say, You guys are gay (Except for Sam275 and all my other friends).

#19 Before February 2015

Bimps

Yes I am HAPPY. Misuse of a word.

Last edited by Bimps (Dec 20 2011 7:18:35 am)

#20 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

You could have simply ignored him, LuigiFan47, and kept moving on with your life of talking to people who understand your language.
By all, thanks for calling us gay at the same time. It really helps on whoever is emotional in this room.

#21 Before February 2015

Sam275

Ok,people,please. He now understands,and now you all are getting off topic.(Yes,yes. I know I am too.) But this is the thread for a translate button,not a name stinking calling thread. And for the people that do speak a different language,please,stick to English for those who talk English,and what ever language you speak to what ever language you speak. Ugg,it's basic you know. Half to nearly all use English,and I don't think they will take their time to open a new window,get to google translate,and find out what somebody is saying for the level they are in might be a boss,mini,or somebody urgently speaking to them. ._.

LuigiFan47 1423737297224135

Board footer