Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

bloo47

When Creating Art...

I have an art level. On my level, i have a planet earth, trophies, eyeballs, tv, and yes, some sprites.
picture8be.png
Art shouldn't JUST be sprites. Mine isn't, but partially has sprites. Jeremifier has a level, but it only had sprites.
lvelmap.jpg
It's an O.K. level, but like 5 of the smileys are made wrong. still it's good.
BEE is a great artist. Bee made this art tutorial and is a great artist. Bee makes art scenery and other stuff. Not sprites. I'm not as good, but I like to always remember these things in art:

Precision

Don't make art that isn't the right length or width. And don't make it at bad angles. Make it as close to what you want as possible. If needed, Use the picture and use the zoomed pixels.

Don't Assume

Don't assume how to make things, it's so unprofessional and dumb. I HATE it when people assume that smileys just have silver outline, black inside, then the actual smile. NO! If you want it to look good, do it by zooming in on it and looking at the pixels. that's how I made these custom smileys: picture23e.png Also, don't make a mushroom by doing a square/rectangle with black lines for eyes, and a triangle on top with crappy spots all over in no pattern whatsoever. Use sprites.

Don't Give Code

It sucks when you get trolled. They take just minutes to wreck things that took hours. The reason people who say "Code is 1" are retards. Unless you KNOW the person, DON'T GIVE THE CODE!!!

Be Original

If you see something cool and think you could make it in EE, do so. Don't be afraid to be creative. BEE isn't. How many people would make a jar of peanut butter? Not very many. Just make what you feel.

Let's get to the actual ART now!

Now let's get to art. finding the right colors is important, and sometimes is relevant differently depending on the art. if drawing a Knuckles art, I like to do it with dark red brick blocks and use red keys on darker parts and basic bricks and gates for lighter parts, and this works most of the time. Look at the brick closest to the color and use that. as Bee said, use a palette. (read on for more on that) Bee also said that sketching it on paper helped. I agree. I agree with EVERYTHING on Bee's tutorial. sketching on EE too.
in fact, read the next section and stuff because this one is getting too big //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

BEE

Look at Bee's Tutorial because it shows a lot of good stuff. Bee's got a good point in almost everything there. Read that for now. this is a work in progress for now. anyways, bye 4 now! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Hope this helps!!

Last edited by bloo47 (Jan 28 2011 6:35:25 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: When Creating Art...

Making smilies at all is unoriginal and frowned upon.

#3 Before February 2015

bloo47

alex wrote:

#4 Before February 2015

NikK

bloo47 wrote:
alex wrote:

Pwnd!

LoL. I agree in part, but he didn't make "smilies" exactly, he made some new invented and ORIGINAL smilies

#5 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I guess the only exception for making smilies is in Humans VS Zombies maps, but I'm not too good with other art. I'm awed by how accurate some art is, and when I get a closer look, I'm like "It's that simple?"

#6 Before February 2015

bloo47

sorry i wasn't replying. 4got to sub this topic!

#7 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

bloo47 wrote:

Don't Give Code[/u]

It sucks when you get trolled. They take just minutes to wreck things that took hours. The reason people who say "Code is 1" are retards. Unless you KNOW the person, DON'T GIVE THE CODE!!!

Whenever I'm making an art room I always give everyone the code and I have ner had a problem with trolls. Am I just lucky or is this not that big of a problem?

#8 Before February 2015

BEE

Chewy wrote:
bloo47 wrote:

Don't Give Code[/u]

Whenever I'm making an art room I always give everyone the code and I have ner had a problem with trolls. Am I just lucky or is this not that big of a problem?

Ive never had a problem either. I guess if youre making art other than smilies people respect that and dont troll.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#9 Before February 2015

bloo47

mistahboi wrote:

I guess the only exception for making smilies is in Humans VS Zombies maps, but I'm not too good with other art. I'm awed by how accurate some art is, and when I get a closer look, I'm like "It's that simple?"

i bet by using the pixelate effect you could make an 8-bit rickroll in EE!

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Alex wrote:

NOPE. Copying existing smileys is unoriginal. How is making original smileys unoriginal?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 Before February 2015

bloo47

JadElClemens wrote:
Alex wrote:

NOPE. Copying existing smileys is unoriginal. How is making original smileys unoriginal?

thanks!

bloo47 1423760505200927

Board footer