Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Gral

Mega Man 2 world

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAPj6d5R_a0I

Yeah.. You have 8 different levels to pick from. I do not have a massive world, otherwise I'd do Wily Stage too

But anyway..

This world isn't easy. Most of the levels are challenging. The good news is that you get coins from each level, which unlocks shortcuts. Completing 2 minor unlocks shortcuts and some simple stuff, not really helpful. Completing 4 makes stuff a bit easier, may help. And completing 6 destroys the most annoying thing of a level

Now some hints:

-Very often you'll have to gain some speed by moving back, even to a previous platform
-Metal Man's stage is what makes people ragequit most often, whether you have unlocked the shortcuts or not. Leave it for the end
-Wood Man's stage is the easiest, you should start with that. It still has an annoying part though. Oh, there's also a secret block where there seems to be no path.
-Crash Man's stage is fairly easy, but at one point you have to think outside the box
-Heat Man's stage gets much easier once you complete 4 other levels
-Bubble Man's stage is difficult at the beginning, but once you get past it, it's very easy
-You may want to look at the map before progressing in Flash Man's stage
-In Quick Man's stage, if there is someone waiting for blue blocks to deactivate and if you completed 2 levels, you may want to stand where the coin block is. That half a second may make it easier.
-Air Man's stage requires some patience and timing
-If you are unsure if you beat a level, just look for a blue coin near the boss portrait. If there is none, you have completed it
-The order I'd go with: Wood, Flash, Quick, Bubble, Heat, Crash, Air, Metal

If you found a way to get stuck or you think I went a bit too far with the difficulty of some parts, do tell.

Oh, and for all the people who never played Mega Man 2 and have no clue what I'm on about:
MegaMan%202%20Stage%20Select.gif

Hope you enjoy it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#2 Before February 2015

MIHB

Re: Mega Man 2 world

Wow!   I'd been considering doing a Mega Man stage for a long time (basically invented speed dodges in order to emulate the long falls with spikes) but didn't do it when animation become unfeasible.

Now I see you actually found a way to emulate the falls in the Quickman stage!   I never was able to solve that problem.

Good job, wish I had time to play the whole thing!

#3 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Great level, i very much loved the art with arrows and dots //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

but overall 3/5

100% 4/5 if there were no hook jumps :/

#4 Before February 2015

Gral

If I remember correctly, only Heat Man has hook jumps, and only 2 of them, and one can be skipped with coin door.

I don't like hook jumps either, but it's exactly like a part of actual Heat Man stage looked like. Same shapes, so I thought it would fit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

MIHB

You really need to check your pms when people are frowning at you.

Last edited by MIHB (Mar 2 2011 10:43:18 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Gral

Whoops, sorry. I made another chatroom, the link is within the world. I prefer Chatzy over Tinychat for various reasons. Too bad I didn't think of posting it yesterday when about 10 people were online :/

#7 Before February 2015

WELL_

It was fun to play //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I love all parts except Metal Man's one. arrows made me crazy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile But otherwise great!

#8 Before February 2015

Nou

Great fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile As the other said: Metal Man was rather tedious. Also, you can use one of my Great Worlds if you wish. PM me on the forum if you want one.

No u.

#9 Before February 2015

EDJ

Very cool level

#10 Before February 2015

MIHB

Secret: most of the metal man stuff can be beaten by holding space and a direction.

#11 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

I really enjoyed this level, surprisingly, yet the simplicity and minis werent that good, but I found it quite good, but the minis got easier after i collected the coins, so it was a bit disappointing there, but overall good map //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Minis 6/10
Evolution of the minis with coindoors 8/10
overall 7/10

Good job.

#12 Before February 2015

steelviper77

this is epic im playing now, its so very epic, I am stuck on woodman part 2 :3 youve helped but i still cant XD

EDIT: just beat that part: but its still hard for final part of woodman :3

EDIT 2:now for flashman finale!

Last edited by steelviper77 (Mar 3 2011 2:54:35 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

correiajoao

Nice! Good Work! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Last edited by correiajoao (Mar 3 2011 4:01:45 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

Chauer

Metalman is just frustrating. Otherwise, a good level.

#15 Before February 2015

Gral

Oh yeah, I added something to prevent completing it by holding 2 buttons //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#16 Before February 2015

NEO XID

Awsome world!!
I don't get it.
I can't find the secret block and I got stuck.
I had to leave and come back.
FIX IT please!

Last edited by NEO XID (Mar 4 2011 8:04:28 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Sky Rider

Too hard for lil' ol' me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#18 Before February 2015

mustang

MIHB wrote:

Wow!   I'd been considering doing a Mega Man stage for a long time (basically invented speed dodges in order to emulate the long falls with spikes) but didn't do it when animation become unfeasible.

Now I see you actually found a way to emulate the falls in the Quickman stage!   I never was able to solve that problem.

Good job, wish I had time to play the whole thing!

Quick Man was definitely my favorite stage, Bubble Man was my second favorite. The rest ranged from fun to somewhat uninspired, but overall this was a great map.

I look forward to the sequel, which could be the Wily stages or even Mega Man 3 and beyond.

#19 Before February 2015

Gral

NEO XID wrote:

Awsome world!!
I don't get it.
FIX IT please!

Wood Man stage? Just keep jumping around.
Quick Man stage? There is no secret platform, you have to move back to gain some speed

@mustang: I don't think I'll do Wily Stages until I get a Great World, but I did consider doing Mega Man 3, although I looked at the stages and it seems Magnet Man is the only one that could include something with arrows, other stages would be just blocks. I may do first Mega Man before MM3, as I just see more opportunities to reproduce "fun" parts in EE

Dunno, I must get at least another 200x200 world anyway, as I don't want to remove the MM2 one

#20 Before February 2015

Nou

Gral wrote:
NEO XID wrote:

Awsome world!!
I don't get it.
FIX IT please!

Wood Man stage? Just keep jumping around.
Quick Man stage? There is no secret platform, you have to move back to gain some speed

@mustang: I don't think I'll do Wily Stages until I get a Great World, but I did consider doing Mega Man 3, although I looked at the stages and it seems Magnet Man is the only one that could include something with arrows, other stages would be just blocks. I may do first Mega Man before MM3, as I just see more opportunities to reproduce "fun" parts in EE

Dunno, I must get at least another 200x200 world anyway, as I don't want to remove the MM2 one

As I said, you can have one of my massives or great worlds, I have loads //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No u.

#21 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

I worked anti-clockwise from Crashman - Good level overall and I mostly enjoyed Quickman even though there were slight frustrations with the green key section

Xenonetix-2.png

#22 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

YARGH GOD DAMN YOU METAL MAN!

Fun level so far.... I accidently went into metal man meaning to go into heat man... Rawr.

EDIT: I win. Air man is the hardest boss IMO. Metal man has only one hard part.

It was enjoyable.

I'd rank them more like this though:

Flash Man,Wood Man, Crash Man, Bubble Man, Quick Man, Heat Man, Metal Man, Air Man (air man and metal man are interchangeable.)

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Mar 6 2011 3:53:02 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Cool level.

I saw Drock

#24 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Greenzoid2 wrote:

Cool level.

I saw Drock

Lol... you played one part. o_O

#25 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

I actually left then came back because i went in the wrong room.

Gral 1423778384183048

Board footer