Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: EE Isn't Dead

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
anch159 wrote:

I'm not arguing. I'm simply denying everyone who says this game is dead. It's my job here.

Then you shouldn't have to worry about defending yourself here

Finally someone understands! I knew I wasn't the only one who pays attention when there are 600+ players online.

YES! I have found some people that agree with me! I know this is a bit off-topic, but since you're both on this topic, what do you think about making a crew? I think you two make some pretty good levels, so having the two of you would be nice. I think that Everybody Edits isn't dead or dying, I just think it's pointing and slowly moving in that direction.

#52 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

Breadfinn wrote:

It used to be 2000 players online at a time. Hell, 300 compared to 2000 isn't much.

So, half a year ago it was about 300; currently we're averaging at about 150.
And it's still going down, I'm afraid.

There have been sporadic updates, but we cannot build new kinds of levels with, for example, guardians or different looking smilies.
The blue coin doors aren't very useful to create new kinds of levels, and potions don't work very well either (# minutes they work aren't worth the required energy to obtain them). The zombie doors were probably the last update that made it possible to build new kinds of levels. (Not really my kind of levels, but anyways...) That was 1.5 years ago.

What we need is new action blocks, because those allow use to create new kinds of levels. By action blocks I mean, for example, a rotating arrow. This should also fairly easy to code if it just changes in the four cardinal directions. Or a block that, every time you touch it, gives levitation for a few seconds (even when potions are off). This too should be fairly easy to implement, given the code is already available for the levitation potion.

I think we can help the developers of the game by recreating this thread, and keeping it up-to-date. The current thread is outdated. As a community we should make it as easy as possible for the developers to look through all game ideas we have. Currently the one place to easily get an overview lists some new things, some things that have already been implemented, and some things that have been suggested aren't listed.

It would be nice if someone who is on this forum more than I am would recreate that thread, make it up-to-date, and then ask an admin to sticky it as a replacement of the oudated overview. Maybe list new ideas by date and not sorted by topic. It's more useful if it's possible to quickly which new ideas have been submitted.

Once a month we could vote on which suggestions we like the most. (Either using forum functionality or by using an website.) When the results are in, we can then send those to the developers, with the entries sorted from most to least voted on. I'm sure they won't mind getting that information. They may not start working on the top entry, but if they think one of the things we appear to want is easily implementable, we may get some new action blocks and other tools to revitalize the community.

Maybe another problem is that the game isn't being re-added to Kongregate and Newgrounds, but is instead being updated. If most visitors of those websites just check new games and games that score the very best, they won't see EE. There's no doubt that, for example, EE making the front page of Newgrounds really helped the game become more popular. Means other gaming websites who check their competitors also see it and post about it and whatnot.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#53 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

you're forgetting that none of the current devs know anything'

#54 Before February 2015

Kangxp

Fdoou wrote:

you're forgetting that none of the current devs know anything'

The devs don't even look at the forums. They are just like 'I'll just do it my way and not care about the opinion of the players' kind.

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#55 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

Kangxp wrote:

They are just like 'I'll just do it my way and not care about the opinion of the players' kind.

This is not true at all. Lots of things that players asked for have been implemented. Things like the friends list, water, checkpoints, reverse coin doors, and so on. In fact, the majority of updates are things that players have asked for. Even the recent blue coin doors. Almost every single update is the result of players asking for things. Just because the things you want to see haven't been implemented (yet) doesn't mean the developers don't care about the players' opinions. Pretty much from the start things that players asked for have been implemented, even way back in the day when it became possible to save worlds.

#56 Before February 2015

iDC

Anyone who thinks this game is becoming an RPG is delusional. EE is a 2D sandbox platforming game where players create worlds for other players to enjoy. It is entirely user based, and there are no NPCs what-so-ever. We dont complete quests or fight monsters. It is a creative game, not a game with preset goals created by the developer for us to complete.

Also, the mods do listen. It's true they they haven't in the past but that is changing because, obviously, EEs userbase is decreasing. I was not particular for the guardians when they were announced but I quickly realized why they are actually a great addition. They are members of our community who share our ideas and concerns, and have the ability to talk to the mods daily. I'm not as familiar with some of the other guardians, but KOTO has been very influential on the updates that have come out recently, and there are more to come.

Another thing is, why not help put the game out there? Share it on facebook or tell your friends about it. Simple things like that. Of course it isn't your 'responsibility' but if it can make this game big again, why the hell wouldn't we do it?

All I'm trying to say is; don't give up on the game yet. Our voices are being heard. The game can and will become what we want it to be. (Save EE 2014).

DVNTehT.png

#57 Before February 2015

Creature

Neither making pay-for-chat helped EE with money, soon it will be pay-to-play.

This is a false statement.

#58 Before February 2015

some woman

Pay one dollar to verify that you can chat
=/=
Pay twenty dollars a month to be able to place modern blocks

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#59 Before February 2015

Kangxp

some man wrote:

Pay one dollar to verify that you can chat
=/=
Pay twenty dollars a month to be able to place modern blocks

$20 = 220 gems
No need for that, just spend that money on gems and get yourself those classic items you wanted. Otherwise just use them to buy portals and stuff instantly.
Much better than builder's club.
(Is the only perk now being able to place the builder's club gates/doors apart from unlimited stuff (which is completely unnecessary)?)
And probably for one month you should buy chat and save those 19 dollars.

derp
go watch mlp
just search "mlp sweep"

#60 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

he says does not equal.
notice the cross through the = sign.

#61 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

The prime of EE was definitely 2011-(the end of)2012, maybe the beginning of 2013. Maybe.
THat was not only when the most players were active, but the most levels were being made etc. I dunno if EE is "dead" now, but its certainly in a rut, and has been for over a year...

Last edited by Pyromaniac (Oct 25 2014 1:14:52 pm)

#62 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

the rut is getting worse 300 -> 150

#63 Before February 2015

Kangxp

At the most we can say that there is at least 10 players playing EE at any given time.
I doubt it will ever dip below that number (0 excluded as that is lag)

derp
go watch mlp
just search "mlp sweep"

#64 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

nlmdejonge wrote:

What we need is new action blocks, because those allow use to create new kinds of levels. By action blocks I mean, for example, a rotating arrow. This should also fairly easy to code if it just changes in the four cardinal directions.

Mentioned this suggestion to MrShoe. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

T8LWjmx.png
(mirror)

#65 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

You guys need to know the difference between a rut and a clear downward trend.

:.|:;

#66 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

you know, alone the need of a topic named like this says a lot..

#67 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

2000 players was the max peak of the population for EE. Do you remember when the last time you see the lobby filled with 20-35 players each world?

...me neither.

#68 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

You know, it wouldn't be too hard to 'revive' EE but considering the owner of it is incompetent, that's unlikely to happen.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#69 Before February 2015

Noctis

Aoitenshi wrote:

2000 players was the max peak of the population for EE. Do you remember when the last time you see the lobby filled with 20-35 players each world?

...me neither.

You need to be online more often. I see 20-35 players in a world often!

#70 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Noctis wrote:
Aoitenshi wrote:

...me neither.

You need to be online more often. I see 20-35 players in a world often!

I think what Aoi meant is that more than one world had 20-35 players. At least 4 or 5 having 20-35, without using any sort of player boosting bots- guestbots, in essentials. (Even if what they spammed weren't guests.)

It's been a while, and frankly, I think EE is dying.

But we can save it.
TxcZo.png

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

#71 Before February 2015

Noctis

If EE is dying then how come we're at the same population as we were like 6 months ago?

Last edited by Noctis (Nov 17 2014 8:36:05 pm)

#72 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Noctis wrote:

If EE is dying then how come we're at the same population as we were like 6 months ago?

When I first joined, the average population at any time was somewhere above 1500, often (as mentioned before) around 2000 players.

Right now, the population is in the double digits. (80-ish by my count)
A game which goes from quadruple-digit figures to double-digit in <2 years without any sort of new game in the series is dying IMHO.
Sure, we may have been at the same population for half a year, but it's like stopping a major gunhole wound. Sure, the bleeding (player losses) may have eased up a little, but the thing is, with EE, there isn't any sort of "medic" to properly stop the bleeding, so that it can "heal up" (gain more players).

We're at a status quo right now, or very close to one. Like I said earlier, quad-digit to double-digit in less than two years is a ginormous difference. Sure, we have an active-ish mod.

But that's the thing. MrShoe is an active-ish mod. He didn't create this game from scratch, he doesn't feel devoted to update this game. I feel that all the competitions are spontaneous and don't give any real reward, besides the standard BC subscription.

Just my two cents.

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

#73 Before February 2015

Noctis

We've been around the 80-300 player zone from about a year now. Any thoughts on that?
Why were there ~270 players online yesterday? Do you know any answers on that, also? *Trying to act like a reporter*

Last edited by Noctis (Nov 17 2014 11:07:12 pm)

#74 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Whenever im on its 40-50 players online >_>

#75 Before February 2015

Darkbowser99

Ahh I remember the old days in EE. I had a lot of fun <3

Noctis 142394535916073

Board footer