Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

lorthos

Critical opinions

We are a EBE group that go through and play saved levels and give a rating and write reviews.   The founders of this group are lorthos and da-jad (we are both donators).   We are looking for anyone that will play through a level and give an honest opinion of the level.
Have a level and want it reviewed? Leave a link below.   Check out our level making group TTM.   Don't like one of our reviews? Write a review of our review below.   Got a better idea of where to put our reviews?   Put is some where down under this word.   Our goal is to write a review everyday even though we might not be able to do this.   Sea a eror in our grammer or speling?   Plese tel us below.   If I rate something that might be totally off of your opinion sometimes the reason is that I didn't finish the level for a good reason.   So I might have not gotten to the harder levels etc.   Don't forget to check out our level making group (same founders) TTM.

MarcBossminigames 8/23/10 By: lorthos link: http://everybodyedits.com/?/PWgwAAAA Beta link: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWgwAAAA

Finished level yes
Rating of difficulty   6/10
Rating of enjoyment   7/10
Rating of coin collecting difficulty 5/10
Overall rating 7/10

Marcboss minigames was an average set of minigames that got harder every time you finished a row.   Starting with really easy dot trails,E jumps, and platforming levels soon progressed to some pretty challenging levels.   The level I had the hardest time with was probably the hurt dot trail.  

This was a very good level that I played through and was enjoyable.   There were some fun parts to it.   The difficulty progressed at a rate that wouldn?t make it seem to easy but didn?t start to hard.   My favorite level was towards the end there were certain mini-games that you had to hit a key and rush through.  

The coin collecting was fun not much to say.   You would grab a couple of coins here and there.   There was one part I did not enjoy about it.   It was when you had to fall to get the coin which would then start you at the beggining.   This only happened at the first set of mini-games which then didn?t matter so much because they were easy levels.   Because you had to sacrifice to get the coins it kept people at the first mini-games longer and was a good idea.   I just personally don?t like sacrifice coins.  

For my ideas on improvements there is only one.   The fact that someong could sit and jump on the keys to ruin the experiance for others was one thing I disliked.   Luckily while I played there wasn?t many other people.   I don?t have an answer for this problem but in my opinion it would make the level more enjoyable for everyone.

72 minigames 8/24/10 By:Lorthos Link: http://everybodyedits.com/?/PW2gEAAA Beta Link: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PW2gEAAA

Finished No
Rating of difficulty 5/10
Rating of enjoyment 4/10
Overall rating 4/10

72 minigames was a nice level with some original minigame ideas.   They weren?t very difficult (at least not the ones I played).   They didn?t require much effort to complete so it was fun but there wasn?t a challange to them.  

The thing that made me enjoy it less was the fact if you did something wrong you sometimes would have to go back a few levels.   This was really big issue when you got to level 48 when after completing it you could accidentally get brought back to the beggining.  
I think eliminating that spot would make it funner for everyone.   I quit after getting reset at level 48 because I felt there was no purpose for me to continue playing if I had to restart.

You could play this level and get a lot of enjoyment out of it if you make sure to be carefull and on level 48 don?t make the mistake I did.   I might go back and play it again and maybe re-write this review.

BestMinigames 3 Beta link:   http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWEwEAAA   Normal link: http://everybodyedits.com/?/PWEwEAAA
Creator:   T.P. and mysineus   Date reviewed: 8/25/10

Finished?: yes

Difficulty: 2/10   This level was way to easy.   There were no challenging levels at all.

Creativity:   1/10   0 of the levels were original.   A lot of the levels were repeated over and over.  

Aesthetics: 5/10   I liked the fact that it wasn?t the same old layout that has been used 100?s of times.   And the BEST MiNiGAMES at the center of the map was pretty cool.  

Enjoyment:   2/10   I got bored before I was half way finished.  

Overall:   3/10.

Final Opinions:   I didn?t like this level at all.   You will have fun playing it if you have never played EBE because then all the minigames would be new.   But if you have been playing EBE for awhile you won?t see anything other than minigames that have been used way to much in other maps.

Last edited by lorthos (Aug 25 2010 9:18:39 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Zeal

Re: Critical opinions

XD you should have a logo that says CO Approved

#3 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

Interesting idea, and I think I'd like to do some rating soon.   One suggestion though:   If it's an artsy minigame level, you should use the Minigame method of rating, in addition to an Overall Art rating.

#4 Before February 2015

lorthos

I have already thought about that but haven't put it in the original post.   There will be time where the level will be filled with more than one of my review categories.   I will then mix and match ratings to fit to the specific level.

#5 Before February 2015

Watashii

If you've got nothing better to do: Can you please do a review of Untitled Organization's first level; Tree and clouds? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

lorthos

I will but I have done mine for today.   So expect one tomorrow.

#7 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

OK,   now for my first review.   First off, my rating format (I will only rate puzzle/minigame levels):

[(Name of Level)]   Beta link:   (beta link)   Normal link:   (normal link)
Creator(s):   (creator/team)

Finished?:   (Yes/No)   Covers whether I completed it or not.

Difficulty: (rating)/10; details on why.   Does not affect overall score, unless a certain level of difficulty is expressed (i.e. a level labeled Pro Minigames)

Creativity:   (rating)/10; details on why.   This covers uniqueness of the puzzles/minigames, and other creative aspects.

Aesthetics:   (rating)/10; details on why.   This covers art, layout, etc.

Enjoyment:   (rating)/10; details on why.

Overall:   (rating)/10.

Final Opinions:   (...My final thoughts, duh.)
[You Will Rage Quit]   Beta link: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PW5gAAAA   Normal link:   http://everybodyedits.com/?/PW5gAAAA
Creator:   Jont96

Finished?:   Yes

Difficulty:   7/10.   It was actually fairly difficult, but did not live up to its name in that department.

Creativity:   4/10.   The level obviously took many pages from generic minigame books in the first half, while it blatantly ripped ideas seen in EX Crew levels for the second half.   I did see tiny splotches of creativity here and there, though.

Aesthetics:   5/10.   Not much to say here, as it's just rooms laid out in the generic ascension format with not much decoration.

Enjoyment:   4/10.   I enjoyed the later parts, but I can't really count them because I've seen most of them before.   The beginning, though...   It played like a demo on the least liked types of minigames.   Apparently, he does not look at the forums (or ignores comments on user dislikes).

Overall:   5/10.

Final Opinions:   I seriously had the urge to quit several times in the beginning, with the lack of originality and the boring, same ol' minigames.   But once I got to the second half, I had fun for the most part.   I feel I can only give him some credit for that, as most sections were still rehashes of past puzzles, albeit good ones.   I only recommend this if you haven't played most of EX Crew's levels.

#8 Before February 2015

lorthos

I like that format.   Mind if I use it for later reviews?   Are you saying you want to join my group of reviewers?   If you want to join yes.   If you want I can put the review and review format in my original post and put complete credit to you.

#9 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

I don't mind you (or anyone else) using the format.   As for joining the group...   I don't want to be held to any expectations or whatnot.   I'd just like to be able write reviews whenever I feel like it, whether it be 3 reviews in one day or 1 within a week.   In that sense, I guess I'm looking to be a freelance reviewer.   But this topic is a good avenue to write and store a collection of reviews.   I don't think it has to be a group; this could just be considered a Reviews thread.   After all, I haven't seen the other founder do anything.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

But that's just my opinion; a review on reviewing, you could say.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Super_Luigi (Aug 25 2010 4:53:42 am)

#10 Before February 2015

lorthos

Sounds like a plan.   Do you think we should make a new thread or just keep this one?   This is in the group posting anyway.

#11 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

Well, it'd be great if a moderator or admin could move this into what they think is the most appropriate forum *cough*.   Anyway, here's my next review.

[Escape Hell] Beta link: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PW5gAAAA   Normal link: http://everybodyedits.com/?/PW5gAAAA
Creator:   Jont96

Finished?:   Still on last section

Difficulty:   7.5/10.   It is quite a challenging map.   However, I docked it a point for the cheap difficulty seen in a couple sections, notably the last part; the cheap difficulty being that it makes you do the whole section again if you mess up, and there are quite a few tricky parts in that section.

Creativity:   8/10.   Much better than the previous map of his I reviewed.   Most of the puzzles seemed fresh, which made them much easier to play without ragequitting.   He did reuse some techniques, such as the sliding, so I can't make the rating too high.

Aesthetics:   6/10.   The lava at the bottom looks excellent.   This would've been probably 1 or 2 points higher, if the red and dark red in the land parts wasn't so lazily scribbled.   I think it would've looked better if that had been left out.

Enjoyment:   7/10.   I thought it was quite entertaining, and a challenge I haven't seen very often in this post-EX era.   Apparently, people around here don't like such difficulty, as I saw so many people ragequit early on.   Perhaps better difficulty scaling (easier early on, harder as you go) would do future maps a favor in the enjoyment factor of the majority.

Overall:   7/10.

Final Opinions:   I think Jont96 is getting better with his mapmaking skills.   If the art improves, we continue seeing creative, challenging puzzles, and the cheap difficulty is eliminated, we could be looking at the next best thing to EX Crew maps.

#12 Before February 2015

mustang

That's a fair assessment of the Escape Hell map Super_Luigi, I also played it and pretty much agree with all of your comments.

I will also contribute my own reviews now and then, but only for maps I found at least semi-enjoyable.

#13 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

Good to know I'm going about it in a good way.   By the way Watashii, if lorthos doesn't do so, I will review your map tomorrow.   I was on the tree section before it crashed though, so the assessment may not be 100% accurate.

#14 Before February 2015

Max

May be i write also reviews in the future, but I see no sence in creating a group for this. Posting reviews in one single thread makes no sence either, because only a few creators will read it, especially when the thread grows larger. What do you think about creating a special section in the forum for reviews? Sorry, if my english is bad.

#15 Before February 2015

mustang

Max wrote:

May be i write also reviews in the future, but I see no sence in creating a group for this. Posting reviews in one single thread makes no sence either, because only a few creators will read it, especially when the thread grows larger. What do you think about creating a special section in the forum for reviews? Sorry, if my english is bad.

What we can do is copy and paste the reviews in the room threads as well as posting them here. That way people who want to find a good map can read the master thread with all of the reviews, and those who want to read about a particular room can do so as well in the relevant room thread.

#16 Before February 2015

lorthos

I am reviewing tree and clouds today but I have school so will be a couple of hours.

#17 Before February 2015

lorthos

I don't think I can write a review on trees and clouds because I can't even complete the jump from the lightning cloud and the candy cloud.   Is there something I am missing?   I just miss barely every time.   I don't think it would be fair to write a review on a level I haven't really started.

#18 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

If you guys played MG Crew Tomb Raider or Eerie Forest, want to give a review?

#19 Before February 2015

Zap

Hmm.... I hope rage doesn't ensue. But have fun anyway!

#20 Before February 2015

lorthos

I am going to begin writing reviews and posting them as a reply to the level link post

lorthos 1423816440144992

Board footer