Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Nph

Lethal Lava Labyrinth (#1) Co-op Puzzle

Lethal Lava Labyrinth (#1) Co-op Puzzle

We just finished our first co-op level and thought it deserved its own thread.

We wanted to make a 2 player map where you together with your team-mate overcome challenges and puzzles. We thought dropping two players in a cube, with a few dead-ends and traps would do the trick.

To beat this map you'll need a partner, good communication (chat required) and a good eye for traps. Think through and plan before acting, kind of like the movie Cube which has some similar scenarios as our map (as well as a movie reference at the end of the level).

Unfortunately because of our excessive use of keys and the nature of this cooperation map, only two players can play this map at once. Because of this we've got multiple copies of the map. If the one in the link below is occupied we'll send a link in-game to another instance as we'll have to manually start of new teams.

Edit: Updated links, you can now play the map even if we're not present thanks to the 3 minutes bouncer at the start. Just join the level and wait ~3 minutes for you and your team-mate to get into the starting-area. Don't press keys unless both of you are present.

http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWhTV7I8V1a0I
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWhTV7I8V1a0I

2e2gew5.jpg

Last edited by Nph (May 3 2011 3:47:38 pm)

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

EDJ

Re: Lethal Lava Labyrinth (#1) Co-op Puzzle

Cool, but didn't have this map a castle as art first?
Looking forward to play

#3 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

they wouldnt let me play in the world and then kicked me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile if u ask me why advertise if u wont let ppl play your world?

#4 Before February 2015

MIHB

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

they wouldnt let me play in the world and then kicked me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile if u ask me why advertise if u wont let ppl play your world?

Were people already playing?   Because its one group at a time, no exceptions.

#5 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Why were all my partners so fail! D:

Thanel: left
Lillsneppe: OMFG DO I HAVE TO SAY IT?
Orheargold: died all ofa sudden.

#6 Before February 2015

xXAssassinXx

D-rock2308 wrote:

Why were all my partners so fail! D:

Thanel: left

hey.. i amnot fail i was afk also i cant join the room y?

#7 Before February 2015

johan

A version of the level where you can play even if we arn't there to maintain it.

The annoying system in the beginning will allow you to protect the world and prevent other people to join and 'key troll' as long as you don't go afk inside the Labyrinth.

EDIT: will open it later once I have enough coindoors...

Last edited by johan (May 3 2011 2:18:02 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

cyph1e

The map is really fantastic, and you have to be clever and careful in a lot of rooms. Maybe you should say who "we" are in the first post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#9 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

D-rock2308 wrote:

Pft, you were the one failing.. and you left, Orheargold didn't die nor leave.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Nub.

#10 Before February 2015

Silverheart

really fun, i did it with my sister.

#11 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Lol I was with MUFFIN //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#12 Before February 2015

DK Levels

It was really fun and we were doing quite well but then Chris and his amazing timing decides to update the game :/
*sigh*

#13 Before February 2015

EDJ

Please upload again

#14 Before February 2015

johan

EDJ wrote:

Please upload again

Benjmanisen roll-backed the servers; so we have to rebuild some parts of the map first.   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#15 Before February 2015

EDJ

Damn //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#16 Before February 2015

xXAssassinXx

lillsneppe wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:

Pft, you were the one failing.. and you left, Orheargold didn't die nor leave.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Nub.

yea i didnot die >_>

#17 Before February 2015

Nou

Ah damn it, it's gone. PM me when it's re-upped please.

No u.

#18 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

I can host one copy of the level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I have a free great world //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#19 Before February 2015

musuki

The map's back up. A few small changes were made due to the new physics, but everything should work fine.

#20 Before February 2015

Y0shii

WOW!! is all i have to say!
amazing map!! Koth,Musuki and Jaa are extremely nice!!
Art:10/10
Minis:10/10 (well thought out)
Overall: 20/20 (lol)
Can't wait till second map!! (hope i can test or help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile)
Great work guys.

#21 Before February 2015

MiniSwede

Me(Noobiex) and fir3fli3 won //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#22 Before February 2015

Nou

I haven't had this much fun in EE in ages. This is definitely one of my all-time favourites! Completely new concept which works absolutely perfectly. The traps cause you to be very careful and plan everything well (which unfortunately doesn't always work, I'm glad you guys were there you fish me out of the traps occasionally).

You really need to work together and think everything through, communicate and discuss. It reminds me of Portal 2's co-op campaign I recently finished with a friend of mine. The design of the challenges are of absolutely stunning quality, well thought through and smooth,

Even though the art is clearly animated, I couldn't care less, it looks great and supports the theme.

Additionally, I admire the technical side of the level: the 3 minute waiting elevator and the transition between levels work smoothly and cause both players to be there in the end so it can't be cheated. The last part with the ending is also a cool prop.

In conclusion: hats off to you guys, and I am REALLY looking forward to another one if you were planning on that.

Definite 10/10 on all aspects.

Last edited by Nou (May 7 2011 4:44:26 pm)

No u.

#23 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

Nou wrote:

I haven't had this much fun in EE in ages. This is definitely one of my all-time favourites! Completely new concept which works absolutely perfectly. The traps cause you to be very careful and plan everything well (which unfortunately doesn't always work, I'm glad you guys were there you fish me out of the traps occasionall).

You really need to work together and think everything through, communicate and discuss. It reminds me of Portal 2's co-op campaign I recently finished with a friend of mine. The design of the challenges are of absolutely stunning quality, well thought through and smooth,

Even though the art is clearly animated, I couldn't care less, it looks great and supports the theme.

Additionally, I admire the technical side of the level: the 3 minute waiting elevator and the transition between levels work smoothly and cause both players to be there in the end so it can't be cheated. The last part with the ending is also a cool prop.

In conclusion: hats off to you guys, and I am REALLY looking forward to another one if you were planning on that.

Definite 10/10 on all aspects.

I totally agree, that's the reason I played it 2 times. pFhcd.png
Also got a +10 from it, 800 energy. =]
Thank you guys, for making one of the most fun levels ever made, and for the magic coin. pFhcd.png

#24 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Very good level and basically what everyone else said pFhcd.png I wanted to play a different copy since it was already full along with the copy so I wanted to ask if I could help   host a copy of the world since you guys seem to now have enough to satisfy the needs of players pFhcd.png

EDIT: I also think you should post links to the copies in your first post.

Last edited by Cyclopsicle (May 7 2011 2:39:09 pm)

#25 Before February 2015

WELL_

Nou said everythhing.. so what else can I say? only one thing: <3

And thank to Mustang for coop, it was pleasure to finish it with you, without single dead. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Nph 1423812738148694

Board footer