Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-07 07:27:39, last edited by Kira (2024-04-07 07:28:06)

Kira

The Future of EE

DISCLAIMER: This is a more serious Kira topic.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that are still eagerly waiting for updates on EE! or would like to play EE like good old times with everyone else. Only issue is the relevancy of the game itself, it seems that players seem to not care about the game if the hosts aren't actively contributing in adding new content (Example: EBE was pretty active for approximately 2 months and it ended up dying due of lack of critical updates that impacted map making).

At this point it's no surprise that even if EE! gets released by some sort of miracle, the game would be faced with a lot of criticism. From the little that was shown, the game already does not look promising. The approach they took by giving us no update on the current progress of their game, and completely shutting down any sort of communication with the community due to "repeated harassment" definitely killed the expectations for a high quality game being released.

The community has already moved on and everyone is growing up, all the veterans barely care about EE, is this just the end?

Wooted by:

#2 2024-04-07 09:00:37

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: The Future of EE

EE is a tardigrade, and can withstand long periods of inactivity. There is no end to our madness.

If you wanna be a philosophical about it, you can say EE is dead. But it's clearly not dead if people have to keep making topics insisting that it's true.

#3 2024-04-07 15:14:04

Kira

Minisaurus wrote:

s point I consider EE a Tardigrade.
The name Tardigradum means "slow walker" and was given by Lazzaro Spallanzani in 1777.
It can go without players or money for more than 30 years, Depending on the environment, EE may enter this state via anhydrobiosis, cryobiosis, osmobiosis, or anoxybiosis

Tardigrades are able to survive in extreme environments that would kill almost any other game. Extremes at which tardigrades can survive include those of:

- Temperature – tardigrades can survive:
30 years at 3 players only in the lobby without even playing maps
A few days at 0 players connected
Research published in 2020 shows that tardigrades are sensitive to high playerbase. Researchers showed it takes 48 hours at 100 players to kill EE in case it have not been acclimated to that amount of players. EE in the tun state fared a bit better, tolerating higher player amounts. It took 200 players online at the same moment to kill EE within 1 hour. Longer exposure time decreased the temperature needed for lethality, though.

- Pressure – they can withstand the extremely low pressure from the player base and also very high pressures, more than 1,200 times the pressure other games have. Some species such as EE can also withstand pressure of 6,000 times than EEU, which is nearly six times the pressure of other games in their deepest crisis.

- Dehydration – the longest that living EE have been shown to survive in a no-revenue state is nearly 10 years, although there is one report of leg movement, not generally considered "survival", in a 120-year-old EE archaic game from dried internet games. When exposed to extremely low amount of money revenue, their body composition goes from 85% promises to only 3%. Because promises expands upon the game development delay, dehydration ensures the EE’ tissues are not ruptured.

- Radiation – EE can withstand 1,000 times more hackings than other games, median lethal doses of 5,000 Hy (of hacker rays) and 6,200 Hy (of heavy hackers) in hydrated games (5 to 10 Hy could be fatal to mario bros for example). The only explanation found in earlier experiments for this ability was that their lowered money state provides fewer reactants for ionizing radiation. However, subsequent research found that EE, when hydrated, still remain highly resistant to hackers in comparison to other games, and that one factor for this is their ability to efficiently repair damage to their server resulting from that exposure.

- Environmental toxins – EE are reported to undergo chemobiosis, a cryptobiotic response to high levels of environmental toxic people. However, as of 2001, these laboratory results have yet to be verified.

I mean the post you're referencing has to be a meme

#4 2024-04-07 15:36:00, last edited by Onjit (2024-04-07 15:36:22)

Onjit
Website

thoughts-on-china-collapsing-in-the-next-10-minutes-sorry-v0-cf4v6h9lpudb1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f10f9a31fd8d16b2e1908085ecc14efa40995b42

brother get over it lmao ee is dead move on with your life

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#5 2024-04-07 17:41:51

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

EE! will be enjoyed largely by wide-eyed and bushy-tailed teens, not by jaded drama queens in their mid twenties. If you’re determined to criticise the game even if/when it gets released, go find a healthier hobby.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#6 2024-04-08 04:37:39

Boba
Wiki Mod

Kira wrote:

Example: EBE was pretty active for approximately 2 months and it ended up dying due of lack of critical updates that impacted map making

very sorry about this on behalf of the whole team. luciferx, the owner and main programmer, went MIA around october. we had plans for more updates and support later down the line but from what it seems that's not happening now. the game is still up though, and continues to be vaguely functional

Tomahawk wrote:

EE! will be enjoyed largely by wide-eyed and bushy-tailed teens, not by jaded drama queens in their mid twenties. If you’re determined to criticise the game even if/when it gets released, go find a healthier hobby.

with all due respect posts like "what happened to ee?" are the only kind of heartbeat the forums get at this point. this topic seems semi-serious, so i feel like there are more constructive ways of going about it than telling anyone criticizing the current owners/state of the game to **** off

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

#7 2024-04-08 08:30:10

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Boba wrote:

with all due respect posts like "what happened to ee?" are the only kind of heartbeat the forums get at this point. this topic seems semi-serious, so i feel like there are more constructive ways of going about it than telling anyone criticizing the current owners/state of the game to **** off

Assuming Kira and Kiraninja are the same person, they're a known troll with several hoax threads. People would probably be taking the post slightly more seriously if anybody else made it.

But since you're interested, I decided to go through the four points I saw from OP:

1. the game dies out in relevancy with nothing new

2. the game does not look promising

3. cutting off communication killed expectations

4. the community has moved on

1 is well-established criticism. mutantdevle has mentioned that even the smallest of updates stirs up stuff, so I'm guessing they're avoiding that. I don't find relevancy important until release, as EE has well gone into irrelevancy. We're self-sustaining at this point, and can boost the activity among ourselves with chat, and creative projects, when we want that occasional boost.

2 is subjective, and maybe the most open for discussion. I've seen little constructive criticism over the new EE itself, but I guess you could critique the graphics and music shown off. It would be interesting to see, if we can manage to avoid breathing in the toxic air. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/d/de/157_hazmat_suit

3 is likely true for some. For me, it's disappointing, but doesn't really affect what I expect from the final product. There isn't much to do here but survey what people think.

4 is subjective. No doubt some people have lost interest over this. But this has always happened with EE, and will happen in every fandom when fans aren't pleased with what's happening, or just lose interest. The old players still here when EE is revived will be passionate ones who can handle EE going through anything.

Wooted by:

#8 2024-04-08 13:07:29

Gosha

N1KF wrote:

But it's clearly not dead if people have to keep making topics insisting that it's true.

everyone else has moved on and already forgotten about it. You think kira is a troll, but he is one of the most persistent players that truly enjoys the game and would love to see it prosper. He genuinely cares about it and the fact that the game is dead saddens him. Can't say the same about 99.9% players who wouldn't even care if ee! came out at this point

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2024-04-10 22:03:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Gosha wrote:

You think kira is a troll, but he is one of the most persistent players that truly enjoys the game and would love to see it prosper.

I agree, Kira's worlds show that he is a very dedicated player and I respect that. That, combined with his posting history shows he's both a dedicated player and a troll. If people other than Boba are taking the OP seriously, then I was wrong about that.

Gosha wrote:

He genuinely cares about it and the fact that the game is dead saddens him.

I just don't see Everybody Edits as dead.

The Every Build Exists servers are still open, EEmulator is available to host other servers, Everybody Edits Offline is open-source, ArchivEE has nearly every world, and the Offline World Upload shows new worlds that are uploaded.

Everything EE had is available, it's just the community that needs something to organize around until the Everybody Edits! trailer releases. And repeatedly saying EE is dead doesn't do anything to progress this forward, but it does keep the forums slightly more active so that's a benefit.

Gosha wrote:

Can't say the same about 99.9% players who wouldn't even care if ee! came out at this point

Do you have anything to back this up? My immediate reaction is "of course they'd be excited", but I think we're both projecting here.

#10 2024-04-11 23:59:21

Pqwerty

I’m actually against EE! releasing at this point. We have a counting channel in the EE unofficial Discord that closes when EE! releases, and we’re up to 13 thousand. It’s been open for like 2 or 3 years now and I’d really hate to lose the streak/progress just cuz some dumb new smiley game came out

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2024-04-12 01:12:34

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Pqwerty wrote:

I’m actually against EE! releasing at this point. We have a counting channel in the EE unofficial Discord that closes when EE! releases, and we’re up to 13 thousand. It’s been open for like 2 or 3 years now and I’d really hate to lose the streak/progress just cuz some dumb new smiley game came out

REJECT CREATIVITY

EMBRACE COUNTING

Wooted by: (2)
N1KF1712880754799195

Board footer