Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-14 20:31:28

IanJanes

Everybody edits is not being developed by anybody

Just wanted to swing by and give my opinion, this game is def not being developed by anyone. I know the current owner has promised they are, but clearly with the lack of any updates to the player base, and the radio silence, Its an obvious lie. It's sad that this game ended up in the wrong hands, I don't remember her name but I would be really happy If she could give up ownership of this game and let someone who actually cares about it work on the game.

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

#2 2023-09-14 20:35:36

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Re: Everybody edits is not being developed by anybody

duh

Wooted by:

#3 2023-09-14 20:47:36, last edited by Tomahawk (2023-09-14 20:48:15)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Whenever I see one of these threads my eyes roll so hard I can check out my own brain. This kind of toxic negativity towards staff is partly why EE had so many owners. Congrats, you’re part of the problem.

In any case, I’m pretty sure they’d announce it if they abandoned development. There might be a post somewhere stating that.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2023-09-14 23:24:04

Grilyon2

I don't know how to handle a community and instead of hearing them I shut up but then act surprised and angry when they say something about my poor ownership oh no!!! they are so toxic!!!

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2023-09-14 23:35:11

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Tomahawk wrote:

Whenever I see one of these threads my eyes roll so hard I can check out my own brain. This kind of toxic negativity towards staff is partly why EE had so many owners. Congrats, you’re part of the problem.

In any case, I’m pretty sure they’d announce it if they abandoned development. There might be a post somewhere stating that.

the poor man is just wondering what happened
not toxic at all. u can’t just call everyone toxic lmao, grow up

#6 2023-09-15 04:18:50

Boba
Wiki Mod

Tomahawk wrote:

Whenever I see one of these threads my eyes roll so hard I can check out my own brain

Did you see anything

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

Wooted by:

#7 2023-09-15 05:33:41

Zumza

IanJanes wrote:

I would be really happy If she could give up ownership of this game and let someone who actually cares about it work on the game.

Hello,

I would be interested in obtaining the domain name if they are willing.
I promise that me and a couple of my friends (who are employed programmers and computer science graduates) can deliver a game in the following months (certainly this year), that is compatible with EE's former maps.
I am serious. 100% this is accomplishable by our team.

Please contact me to discuss this further.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#8 2023-09-15 22:50:04, last edited by N1KF (2023-09-15 23:14:40)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

rat wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

The original post states it's an opinion, but the rest of the OP doubles down on accusing Satanya of lying. There are no hints of wondering, just somebody's take.

Want a thread about wondering? Wonder about the dev's team history, the estimates of progress they've given, the numerous comments of the game's details, and how it compares to similar games with similar developments. There's so much you could do, and the least creative thing you could do is another basic observation of the progress we aren't seeing.

(edited for correction: OP accuses the owner, not the dev team of lying.)

#9 2023-09-15 23:42:19

frostflare

N1KF wrote:
rat wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

The original post states it's an opinion, but the rest of the OP doubles down on accusing Satanya of lying. There are no hints of wondering, just somebody's take.

Want a thread about wondering? Wonder about the dev's team history, the estimates of progress they've given, the numerous comments of the game's details, and how it compares to similar games with similar developments. There's so much you could do, and the least creative thing you could do is another basic observation of the progress we aren't seeing.

(edited for correction: OP accuses the owner, not the dev team of lying.)

just like with a lot of my posts here on these forums. i guess it's time for another one of my unpopular takes.

after taking the time to read through this thread. to me personally, the op's opinion post? is just that. his opinion. anyone wants to agree or disagree with it? that's honestly their choice. but they really should have foreseen these types of threads of being a thing. and will only continue to be a thing, until the game is finally released. and that's because of their choice to go radio silent with any news regarding game progress and updates with the community.

but you know. instead of staff rolling their eyes and calling the guy toxic. they should have instead just linked them this thread.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47883

but hey, i suppose that would require actually engaging with the community to relay that information. so i guess that is out of the question.

#10 2023-09-16 01:58:25

NoNK

Tomahawk wrote:

weird cause when people actually deliver stuff there isnt toxic complaining that there isnt anything lol

Wooted by:

#11 2023-09-16 03:12:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

For anybody who forgot or is unaware of what lead us to this point, reread the five moderator replies in the Why the EE development is communicated poorly, and how it hurts us. thread (from post #9 to post #38). Even now I was a bit shocked reading back through it. You might not like the solution they took, but I'm guessing it's working the best for them.

frostflare wrote:

after taking the time to read through this thread. to me personally, the op's opinion post? is just that. his opinion. anyone wants to agree or disagree with it? that's honestly their choice. but they really should have foreseen these types of threads of being a thing. and will only continue to be a thing, until the game is finally released. and that's because of their choice to go radio silent with any news regarding game progress and updates with the community.

but you know. instead of staff rolling their eyes and calling the guy toxic. they should have instead just linked them this thread.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47883

but hey, i suppose that would require actually engaging with the community to relay that information. so i guess that is out of the question.

Whether or not somebody's lying isn't up to opinion. You can call it an opinion, but it's an accusation. If you accuse somebody poorly, expect to be called out or ignored.

I think Tomahawk's just on the Forum Staff, not representing the development team (which don't usually overlap). I assumed that announcement was easy to find, but yeah, one of us probably should have linked to it at least.

#12 2023-09-16 12:46:37

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Boba wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Whenever I see one of these threads my eyes roll so hard I can check out my own brain

Did you see anything

Dead memes and regrets.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#13 2023-09-16 13:14:18, last edited by Tomahawk (2023-09-16 13:18:41)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

woah doublepost

rat wrote:

I said the post was toxic, not the poster. “Rude” is probably more appropriate; I think toxicity may require malicious intent and I can’t ascribe that here.

My point is staff have said comments like this are unwelcome, can have and have had real impacts on progress. In the absence of any info suggesting EE! development has stopped, it’s sensible to assume it’s still going, in which case accusing Satanya of doing nothing, lying, not caring about the game, and being a bad owner, is bad for morale at best. The aim of the thread seems to be to change owners yet again, and surely we’ve learned how ineffective that is at producing results.

EDIT: The poor man is not wondering what happened. The poor man believes he knows what happened and wants something else to happen instead.

#14 2023-09-16 13:47:42, last edited by Zumza (2023-09-16 13:56:22)

Zumza

Sooner or later, we should consider changing owners again. It's been 2 years and we've seen nothing. How much more time is sensible to wait for results? They've literally said it might take years in their latest announcement. How many years are we willing  to wait for them? As I said, my team could make a EE HTML5 game in a couple of months.

Also again, the fact that the current ownership decided to turn their backs to the community is a very bad sign. The most important asset are the players, and in lack of any updates to keep them engaged, they're losing interest faster. The current ownership not only did not deliver anything, they have  the biggest negative performance. And I'm sorry for saying this, but this is the truth.

Wooted by:

#15 2023-09-16 17:10:40, last edited by Zumza (2023-09-16 17:11:21)

Zumza

Even something as little as "we're edging closer to release" from the current staff would help topics like this not to appear.
Just a sign that there's any sort of progress made.
In the last official post, if I recall correctly, we've been told the game had a pause in development but things will slowly start resuming again.
We're not even being lied that progress is made.  We are in an absurd state of silence.
It's just as reasonable if not more, to assume that no progress has been made for months.
The only thing we know is that they did not gave up on the idea to make the game at some point, yet. But again, how many more years are we going to wait for them? I don't find it reasonable to not put a deadline on this.

Wooted by:

#16 2023-09-16 19:06:30, last edited by MartenM (2023-09-16 19:46:37)

MartenM
Website

Zumza wrote:

Also again, the fact that the current ownership decided to turn their backs to the community is a very bad sign. The most important asset are the players, and in lack of any updates to keep them engaged, they're losing interest faster. The current ownership not only did not deliver anything, they have  the biggest negative performance. And I'm sorry for saying this, but this is the truth.

I honestly don't think the players are the most important asset at this point. At least not the ones that stick around these days. The biggest asset is the name of the game and the big history of people that once played the game. Those people will revive the game once it has been released. Not the 20 people that stick around and play EEO or dwell in the forums from time to time. The game has been unplayable for quite a time now. Don't get me wrong, I like ya all, but calling this small group of people a big asset is just wrong I think.

The things I have seen from when things were still being communicated gave me hope that EE could actually be revived with some new spirit. I am unsure why this sediment has changed. If nothing happens, that would be a shame, but I feel like some people linger on for a bit too long on that option... I also can't really blame the staff for the war that broke out which has had and might still HAVE a big impact on development.

I will be waiting for the final update, or the release of the game.

Zumza wrote:

I don't find it reasonable to not put a deadline on this.

Just to put this very bluntly, I find this statement kind of funny. What would you propose would happen if the deadline wouldn't be reached?

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (5)

#17 2023-09-16 21:21:18

frostflare

MartenM wrote:

Just to put this very bluntly, I find this statement kind of funny. What would you propose would happen if the deadline wouldn't be reached?

Even though I can't answer for Zumza. But for me if the deadline wasn't reach? I would hope that we all just duke it out in some place like, Smash Online, and be grateful that no one has to smell anyone. But knowing this community? You would probably have people raging and sending hate as they complain about how things weren't done by a certain date.

#18 2023-09-17 07:10:47, last edited by 2b55b5g (2023-09-17 07:25:45)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

geometry dash 2.2 has been in development for years, people are still waiting. so why can’t you wait? it’s not like you have nothing to do in these years other than waiting for EE!. iirc the staff team literally told people to forget about the game, do something else, and come back when there’s actually an announcement that says the game is close to release or something.

it makes sense for EE! staff to go on radio silence after getting assailed in DMs, stalked, receiving sexual harassment, and death threats. they have an impact on people, idk if you expect them to keep updating people when this is the treatment they get, i really hope not. it’s not being unable to handle the community when they get absurd stuff like this.

also Zumza you can go on and develop your EE HTML5 game at the same time EE! is in development if you want, unless it’s not allowed.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by: (5)

#19 2023-09-17 10:42:59

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Zumza wrote:

As I said, my team could make a EE HTML5 game in a couple of months.

People say this sort of thing as if cloning/porting EE is all the current team is doing. Sure you can copy EE fairly quickly, especially since we have the source code and assets, but all you’d end up with is EE, and EE is dead. They’re making EE 2.0, and you can’t do that in a few months’ worth of evenings and weekends.

#20 2023-09-17 11:28:31

Zumza

Tomahawk wrote:
Zumza wrote:

As I said, my team could make a EE HTML5 game in a couple of months.

People say this sort of thing as if cloning/porting EE is all the current team is doing. Sure you can copy EE fairly quickly, especially since we have the source code and assets, but all you’d end up with is EE, and EE is dead. They’re making EE 2.0, and you can’t do that in a few months’ worth of evenings and weekends.

For someone with your name you have an incredible amount of faith.
What's so different about this new EE iteration?
The game essentially is not that complicated.
Are they gonna add more advanced stuff than K-8 client has? Did I miss something?
How do you know it can't be done in a few months of evenings and weekends?
I only ever saw empty promises, and absolutely nothing tangible or detailed. EE! is going to be great! EE! is going to be amazing! EE! is going to make you leave your real life and upload your conciseness in the cloud!
Do we at least know if EE! is going to be free?

This community is given less credit than it deserves. I am no game designer. But this community? This community, I believe knows best what the game needs and what could make the game fail, not a group of people who never played EE,

#21 2023-09-17 18:45:49, last edited by Tomahawk (2023-09-17 18:46:52)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ It seems you’re arguing that EE isn’t complicated, so EE 2.0 shouldn’t be complicated, therefore a team like yours could do it much quicker than the current team, because the current team isn’t doing anything.

I think many of the arguments you made could be applied to your claims. Should I have faith that your attempt would be any different to the several previous community-led attempts? What will you do differently? How will you succeed when others failed? How will you create a commercially viable game with long-term continued development? What features can you create in 2 months of part-time work that will make your game popular?

Zumza wrote:

I promise that me and a couple of my friends (who are employed programmers and computer science graduates) can deliver a game in the following months (certainly this year), that is compatible with EE's former maps.

It sounds like another EE clone, at least to start with. You’ve said less about it than Satanya has said about EE!, and yet you want Satanya to give you the domain and rights to EE’s IP. That’s absurd, so I don’t think you should be accusing others of making empty promises.

But I don’t think anything’s stopping you from trying, or at least starting. IIRC one of the remakes even has monetisation and Anna hasn’t done anything about it. I’m not sure a remake that’s backwards-compatible with the original game is the right foundation for a successor, but if you’re confident about your idea then go for it. I think you’d find out it’s not easy to make something new, and we need something new.

This post by Satanya lists some potential EE! features that would take longer to develop. Their last community update doesn’t ask us to have faith, but I have faith simply because there’s been significant amounts of money spent on development so far. I don’t think it matters whether the developers are part of the “community”, and I don’t think a group of volunteers would be an upgrade over the current team.

#22 2023-09-17 19:17:28, last edited by Zumza (2023-09-17 19:18:50)

Zumza

This is an invitation to discuss. I am willing to discuss it more. I do not demand to be given the domain name just because I said that we could make this game.
I am completely unaware of any other attempts of bringing EE maps as an in-browser multiplayer online game, if you do please shed some light on me! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
I think EBE demonstrates that that void exists; that people are willing to come back for a game like EE with no extra features. From there we could build as a community an evolution plan.
Thank you for those helpful links.
I am also aware of how much money the current administration claims to have invested, but when they say that they have programmers with over 25 years of professional experience, and then we found out they're from Ukraine not prior to the war (if I am not mistaken), things don't add up. Unless, of course, we truly deal with over mid 40s programmers, and an investment blackhole.

#23 2023-09-17 19:29:09

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Ok well if you’re talking about a direct port of EE with no fancy extras then idk why you proposed it in this thread, which was about Satanya passing development of EE! to someone else. I wrote all that stuff for no reason //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#24 2023-09-17 19:45:57

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

To quickly clarify - neither EBE nor EER has monetisation. EBE had to open donations section solely for the game to run. We’ve exceeded the free limit ages ago.

Not today...

#25 2023-09-17 19:49:08

Zumza

Tomahawk wrote:

Ok well if you’re talking about a direct port of EE with no fancy extras then idk why you proposed it in this thread, which was about Satanya passing development of EE! to someone else. I wrote all that stuff for no reason //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

As I said, we could build from there. I personally, felt very happy to enter the game and see something new every now and then. I do suppose, not everyone sees eye to eye with that.
I believe that would be a good initial step to give something to the community. That's better than silence, right?

N1KF1702689176798253

Board footer