Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-02 10:20:56, last edited by Zumza (2023-08-02 10:21:52)

Zumza

Not much unlike EE, EE! has died

Most likely the first question that raises in your mind from this topic's title is whether EE! was released.
No, EE! was not released yet, and whether it was or not abandoned remains up to speculation.

Now with that cleared up, I will explain, why, in my opinion, EE! will be stillborn.

One of the most important aspects of EE was its multiplayer part.
The joy of people entering and playing your world was a crucial driving thrill for people to create better and better worlds.
The thrill of competition, in Boss To Code, Yo!Scrool, ExCrew Shift, was also very important to keep the community engaged.

In my opinion, a ghost town "spiritual successor" to EE will not be a true "spiritual successor".

The most objective way of measuring EE's downfall was the player base decrease: from 3000 to 1000, from 1000 to 800, from 500 to 300, from 300 to 50.

I attribute EE's success out of sheer luck.
Back then, the world was more favorable to web multiplayer games.
Right from the start, EE! has a tougher route to success.
Kongregate, Facebook, the main pillars that brought users to EE are nothing now.

The current staff already claimed to have invested a large sum of money into the game. The last (a year ago) confirmed quotation was $35,000.

I currently fear that not enough money will be left to invest in advertising.

How much money do you believe needs to be allocated for a successful marketing campaign?
Do you believe in the chances of a marketing campaign to succeed?
Where should the game be advertised?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#2 2023-08-02 14:40:26

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Not much unlike EE, EE! has died

Presumably it would work as a standalone program and therefore released on Steam / itch.io / etc. as well as being playable through a browser.

There's hundreds of ex-EE players who could be notified of EE!'s release, creating good Day 1 activity that would increase retention. A free Steam release with hundreds of immediate downloads might bump the game up the charts enough to attract brand new players. If that snowballs, you might not need to buy ads.

Word of mouth can also be effective.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#3 2023-08-02 20:48:17

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I also believe a steam release would be quite smart.
And then maybe get some youtubers to advertise it as an free game to play right now while making a couple vids about it?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#4 2023-08-03 20:49:34

NoNK

ee offline is really good

NoNK1691092174797891

Board footer