Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-22 10:34:30

Glorious-gang
Anonymous user

I don't know what to title this.

Mods, feel free to remove this if it's too much. I just needed somewhere to say this anyways.

Warning: Sexual content and talk of suicide

#2 2021-06-22 12:59:15

Edgy_Egg
Anonymous user

Re: I don't know what to title this.

idk my only advice is: get professional help. An online forum full of losers is no substitute.

#3 2021-06-22 14:34:43

Shrill pig
Anonymous user

Here's some advice: Don't do long distance relationships. They can and will go wrong; the chances of success are much, much lower than even physical relationships.

So, you had one relationship failure and you paint every relationship OTHER people have with the same broad brush stroke? Nonsense.

I've been in a long distance relationship for several years, there's been ups and downs, but we've met in person several times and spent several months together. To this day, it's been a success and, for many people, their relationships have been as well.

The advice I would give to anyone is to never hold your partner above yourself. You can love someone, but you are only doing yourself a disservice by giving them control over your happiness.

If your partner were drowning, would you jump in just to let them push your head under and drown you so they can get a single gasp of air? No. You should call for help, you should reach your arm out but you should NEVER let them pull you under.

#4 2021-06-22 15:33:14

Heroic_pirate
Anonymous user

That sounds pretty rough. Since you lost your friends, it sounds like you don't have anyone to talk to about this. So from one loser to another, hang in there. You'll find a way to move on eventually. I don't know how old you are, but I'm sure you'll have more opportunities to make new friendships/relationships in the future.

It does sound like you could benefit from talking to a professional though. You'll be able to work through your problem in detail with someone that is qualified to help you.

Shrill pig wrote:

The advice I would give to anyone is to never hold your partner above yourself. You can love someone, but you are only doing yourself a disservice by giving them control over your happiness.

If your partner were drowning, would you jump in just to let them push your head under and drown you so they can get a single gasp of air? No. You should call for help, you should reach your arm out but you should NEVER let them pull you under.

This is good advice but this person has a pretty good reason to be unhappy. It's not just a partner dragging them under, it's a partner turning their friend group against them, and in the end they end up cut off from their friends. So I'm not sure if your advice is applicable in this case. If I was in OP's position, I'm not sure how I would just take control over my own happiness after that.

Wooted by:

#5 2021-06-22 17:33:53

Fiscal_fascist
Anonymous user

Could’ve gone better, could’ve gone worse. I don’t know that “don’t do long distance relationships” is the natural conclusion to that story… sounds like there were other primary issues.

On the bright side, you improved yourself and should do better next time around (with someone else). Consent isn’t always a black and white thing and what people think/feel in the moment may not be what they believe in later on, so being careful and waiting for the other person to initiate may be sensible. I think being patient and doing things in the traditional order is important for the long-term, since you only get to begin the relationship once.

But yeah, in my experience long-distance relationships are a bit rough because physical affection is a big part of romance. Ultimately there are always other fish, and if you have to get on a plane to see someone then you might wanna look around closer to home before things get too steamy.

Wooted by:

rat

#6 2021-06-30 19:24:59

neat_noodle
Anonymous user

This was an interesting read

#7 2021-06-30 21:30:04, last edited by Artistic_Apple (2021-06-30 21:41:43)

Artistic_Apple
Anonymous user

I have a suggestion for the title . (Title : Relationship tips and Advices)

Edgy_Egg wrote:

idk my only advice is: get professional help. An online forum full of losers is no substitute.

Hey , you didn't think that we are people (with winners) here.

#8 2021-07-02 20:12:59

neat_noodle
Anonymous user

I agree with Autistic_Apple, everyone is a winner. Ya'll got this - keep going! Things always get better over time.

#9 2021-07-02 21:43:55, last edited by Artistic_Apple (2021-07-02 21:46:30)

Artistic_Apple
Anonymous user

Shrill pig wrote:

Here's some advice: Don't do long distance relationships. They can and will go wrong; the chances of success are much, much lower than even physical relationships.

I didn't have any long distance relationships but I had close relationship . This is the brightest moment that I can show you. Let me to explain my situations :

My experiences (Warning long story)

a) What do you have a close relationship but the person itself rejects you by social media or saying wrong words etc. ?
b) When will you realize that a group doesn't help you at all , in general? And your loved one will not be fond of you ?

#10 2021-07-03 04:42:30

KosherKoala
Anonymous user

Jesus.

If any of you (not just the OP, but anyone here who has had some sort of experience) need someone to talk to, or even just a new friend, I'm always willing to lend an ear, or a shoulder.

I feel for all of you, hope you are doing better.

-Minimania

Board footer