Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-13 21:27:53, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-03-13 21:28:22)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Reboot compensation idea.

I have been really interested in the idea of a reboot but I have seen many people oppose the idea. The main opposing argument I have seen against the reboot is that players do not want to lose all their stuff, especially if they spent real money to get it.

Even though I am supportive of a reboot, even if it does mean loosing everything, I understand peoples concerns over this and I wouldn't want a reboot to cause them to quit the game.

So I had an idea.

In the rebooted version of EE, simply give all previous players the equivalent gem worth of everything on their account.

To find what gem worth your account is, simply type into the URL "http://ee.yonom.org/YOURUSERNAME" and scroll down to the bottom.

You should find a section that says "If you wanted to buy every item this account owns with gems, you'd need". For example, when I type "http://ee.yonom.org/MUTANTDEVLE into the URL". I see this:

Hidden text

This would mean, in the reboot, I would get the 66 gems that are stored on my account + $958.64 worth of gems.

Now of course, I did not buy everything I own with gems, most of it would be energy. But this increased amount of gems would help compensate for things such as lost worlds, Beta, Gold Membership, Magic Smileys and Bricks, Maximum Energy, etc.

This idea isn't flawless, and if approved it is subject to change, but it does give people more incentive to support an EE reboot. Besides, it's better than nothing.

(Not that personally I'd need compensation to support the reboot, I'm all for that anyway.)

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-03-13 21:59:48, last edited by Dazz (2017-03-13 22:04:25)

Dazz

Re: Reboot compensation idea.

Even though many players are apparently gone, when they return, they expect to find their stuff as they left it, while the gems issue might have solutions, you're forgeting the huge amount of levels, imo with more value for some than just gems. In fact, besides trying to revive or keep EE alive during these years, one of the main idea was to save it as it is without anyone having tu suffer the loss of their levels or have them changed in any way. This was for years rule and strategy No1. to keep the players happy.  Removing or tempering with this, probably would be the last straw.

#3 2017-03-13 22:02:38

Raphe9000

I'd still quit. I just want my **** fanboy.

Wooted by:

#4 2017-03-13 22:04:23

Luka504

What about the worlds? Crews? Literally anything people have worked on?
Trust me if I lose a years worth of world building and crew growing im just gonna stop contributing to EE as a whole, and that's the best case scenario. The other scenario is me just leaving EE and finding another **** sandbox game to play.
No amount of gems can fix that issue.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-03-13 22:12:54

Jorc

Nvd said: we won't reset everyone's stats.

#EEissaved!

#6 2017-03-13 22:45:39

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Trust me if I lose a years worth of world building and crew growing im just gonna stop contributing to EE as a whole, and that's the best case scenario. The other scenario is me just leaving EE and finding another **** sandbox game to play.

Both of your scenarios are the same thing.

As long as I can keep my worlds, I'll be happy.

Discord: jawp#5123

#7 2017-03-13 23:07:22

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Yeah i agree with most people here. Who the **** cares about gems. We want to keep our worlds that we have spent so many hours on, imagine all that... gone...

โ˜…              โ˜†        โ˜…        โ˜†         โ˜…
   โ˜†    โ˜…                     โ˜…

Wooted by:
Norwee1489442842650717

Board footer