Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-03-07 03:04:34

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: What has been going on?

Firecrackericebreak wrote:
Master1 wrote:

Lowkey still confused by how Dream was one of the people chosen as a new mod. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and he's a great friend of mine, but didn't you demod me for supposedly not banning him enough for his actions on EE? How does someone that was consistently harassing players get modded...?

I'm so lost, help pls.

Wait what when did that nub dream get modded?

Today I think. It took a while for Nou to make an official post about it though.

#27 2017-03-07 14:47:03

Different55
Forum Admin

Make EE open source

Also basically what freckle said, having a huge view area in the game looks great.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 2017-03-07 16:34:57

RavaTroll

Yeah open-sourcing EE could be a great idea !

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by: (4)

#29 2017-03-07 17:39:38

capasha

Go open source or whatever but I think it's better to rebuild EE.

#30 2017-03-07 17:45:32

LukeM
Website

capasha wrote:

Thats what they've been doing for the past months isnt it?

#31 2017-03-07 18:24:08

SmittyW

destroyer123 wrote:
capasha wrote:

No. They haven't done anything. That's what this topic is about. Most of the team has expressed interest in redoing ee but Nou has single-handedly halted all progress because he's indecisive. The devs had some struggle with playerio and Unity and he can't keep free devs interested. Nou is sitting on a goldmine but it's too risky to invest all his time into some children's game especially when he doesn't know what he's doing. He should keep his teaching job and pass the game to someone more able, even if he still likes the game.

I'm for a remade EE. I would like to build new things instead of playing Megaman Dash again. Let go of these ancient levels. I want a new experience, not cling to the old. However, a foreseen problem is compensating players who have actually purchased membership and classic items...

Wooted by: (3)

#32 2017-03-07 19:40:58

Mait

Ohey Nou! I wasted about 110 euros on this silly  *** flash game, what has peak 200 players online , and what has almost no updates. Just empty promises. I remember you say ''That money is atleast gonna keep EE alive for a bit longer'' Ye it might , but theres no point if you do nothing. Do something or refund my money.

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2017-03-07 19:45:50

Freckleface

SmittyW wrote:

I'm for a remade EE. I would like to build new things instead of playing Megaman Dash again. Let go of these ancient levels. I want a new experience, not cling to the old. However, a foreseen problem is compensating players who have actually purchased membership and classic items...

We could just start UnitEE from scratch and keep the flash version up using a different server, that way people technically don't lose their stuff and we get to start fresh.

F

Wooted by: (3)

#34 2017-03-07 20:01:27

Kentiya
Website

Freckleface wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

We could just start UnitEE from scratch and keep the flash version up using a different server, that way people technically don't lose their stuff and we get to start fresh.

I was going to suggest that! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#35 2017-03-07 20:25:41

sapizza
Website

I'm not gonna say something like "if this game is gonna die then give me my money back" cuz im not gonna give up on this game.
I'll keep hoping that EE will get better! after all Nvd is back to the game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Pizza is love, Pizza is life.
FluxBB bbcode test
Thanks Bluecloud for the profile picture&signature.

#36 2017-03-07 20:31:05

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Freckleface wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

Relevant

#37 2017-03-07 21:00:33, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-07 21:04:01)

LukeM
Website

SmittyW wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
capasha wrote:

No. They haven't done anything. That's what this topic is about. Most of the team has expressed interest in redoing ee but Nou has single-handedly halted all progress because he's indecisive. The devs had some struggle with playerio and Unity and he can't keep free devs interested. Nou is sitting on a goldmine but it's too risky to invest all his time into some children's game especially when he doesn't know what he's doing. He should keep his teaching job and pass the game to someone more able, even if he still likes the game.

Wait a sec... I think this may need a more in depth answer...
What exactly are you doing now, and what is the alternative (which is being called a 'remade EE').
From what I thought earlier, (from a previous post I think Nou made), you are completely remaking everything from scratch with the Unity client, in this case 'starting from scratch' would mean losing all player data?
The other possibility (as far as I can see) is that you are currently porting the game over, in which case a 'remade EE' would be a rewrite of the original flash program... which I thought was what the whole Unity thing was about...

Personally im all for a rewrite of the code (im open to physics / other small changes), but I think wiping all the data would be a bit excessive... especially when a lot of people (probably including me) would just use a bot or something to copy the worlds theyve spent most time on over to the new game.

Also... on a different note...

Mait wrote:

Ohey Nou! I wasted about 110 euros on this silly  *** flash game, what has peak 200 players online , and what has almost no updates. Just empty promises. I remember you say ''That money is atleast gonna keep EE alive for a bit longer'' Ye it might , but theres no point if you do nothing. Do something or refund my money.

Why did you spend money on the game then??? Its a free game, you can play it without needing to pay anything, and if you dont like it, then dont pay for anything...
Also, almost no games have more than an update or so a month, so, although I wouldnt say EE is particularly good at releasing new updates, its definately not far below average (possibly even above), and for a game that is basically a shared hobby, thats quite good!

#38 2017-03-07 23:18:45

Cola1

Mait wrote:

peak 200 players online

Gee, I've never seen it pass 40-ish recently. Guess if you don't live in the right timezone there's nothing interesting to do on EE.  (Unless you love 'free edit' and 'skill' levels.)

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

Wooted by:

#39 2017-03-07 23:20:19

LukeM
Website

Cola1 wrote:

I've never seen it pass 40-ish recently.

Just to let you know, it is 80+ right now

#40 2017-03-07 23:33:17

dcomet

I really want to see a UnitEE Open Alpha version soon.
Maybe you just have to clean up some coding first //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#41 2017-03-08 00:29:20

Guest.

i understand you want to be helpful as you are technically the owner of ee, but please stop trying to do the staff's jobs for them, as it's just slowing progress down even further

#42 2017-03-08 00:34:22

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

What happens if you have a ultra wide 4k monitor? would you be able to see the whole world on your screen?
and what about those with 720p monitors? would it be less advantageous to have limited field of view?

Krosis.gif

#43 2017-03-08 01:12:40

Freckleface

Krosis wrote:

What happens if you have a ultra wide 4k monitor? would you be able to see the whole world on your screen?
and what about those with 720p monitors? would it be less advantageous to have limited field of view?

I'm pretty sure setting the resolution would make some things slightly bigger or smaller. Because with 4K monitors you would just see tiny specks while having a really small screen would be very useless as you have barely any vision.

F

#44 2017-03-08 05:53:52

Cola1

destroyer123 wrote:

Ah thank you, guess it is only when I don't have time to play.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#45 2017-03-08 08:51:10

LukeM
Website

Cola1 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Ah thank you, guess it is only when I don't have time to play.

That always seems to be the way things work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Freckleface wrote:
Krosis wrote:

I'm pretty sure setting the resolution would make some things slightly bigger or smaller. Because with 4K monitors you would just see tiny specks while having a really small screen would be very useless as you have barely any vision.

If this is the case, on most browsers you can use Ctrl+scroll to zoom in / out, so it wouldn't be too OP

#46 2017-03-08 10:48:10

Onjit
Website

If Unity is to have a resolution that large, I think that vision blockers will have to be added. Otherwise many worlds will be broken. (and many possibilities will be limited)

:.|:;

Wooted by: (4)

#47 2017-03-08 10:59:33, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-03-08 10:59:45)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Personally I wouldn't want an increased field of view. Many of my world have different 'parts', for a lack of a better expression, which you aren't supposed to see during other 'parts'. Hence I have to space the 'parts' out and fill the gap between them either with black blocks or a black background. By having an increased view, especially a view that changes per person, it would break a lot of my worlds and allow players to cheat their way through. This would result in less content in these types of worlds as there would have to be more space in between each 'part'.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#48 2017-03-08 17:14:37

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Solution: use vector graphics, and zoom in when fullscreen

Wooted by: (2)

#49 2017-03-08 17:24:47

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

Nou wrote:

Why has it been so quiet?
When Unity was announced, we were going in with full hopes, but a brick wall called “life” happened. For me personally, I started working full-time, which, being a university lecturer, means work usually extends into the weekends. At the same time, some things in my personal life came up that took precedence.
Similarly, Thanel started at a university which also took (and still takes) at least 5 days out of his week. NVD had to take his final exams, Kaslai never got around to starting out because of responsibilities with another company, CJ spent a lot of time working at a different job and has recently left the team, Yonom/Processor had already expressed his lack of motivation before all this.
This meant little to no progress was being made on the Unity client, which, in turn, caused everyone to become demotivated, again causing progress to slow down. After some time, EE seemed to fade into the distance for most of us, with the occasional demotivating discussion about how nothing was happening. This continued for a long time.
I recognize the painful hypocrisy/irony in this as I had personally criticized our predecessors for doing nearly the same thing. However, after having resolved most of my time constraints (except that I still work at the university) I am definitely spending more time on EE, if you’ll still let me. I want what’s best for EE, so I’ll give it my all in a final attempt, and, you can quote me on this, I’ll pass the torch if this doesn’t work out, putting it in the hands of someone more capable if need be. Still, I would like to give it a last try.

This is why we need alot more Administrators who are able to 'self-motivate' themselves (go watch the Shia LaBeouf Do It! video) to work on projects Nou and NvD want out before they themselves pass the game over to a new owner of EE, (Unity or someone like Nou). And I understand EE takes a huge amount of responsibilities, so how come we can't have a monthly event where Nou makes a list of people he himself thinks would be 'responsible' enough to Moderate the game for a week and the EE Community would vote on who they want to be a Moderator in EE. And the most votes on whoever has been added to the list would be added to the Everybody Edits Team, (or whatever it's called, I don't remember), and if Nou were to receive positive reviews from said Moderator, they would be added to the Everybody Edits Team until they themselves have to leave EE.
And I acknowledge how this could be abused, but it would add more Mods to the game. And once Nou feels EE has enough, he'll stop the "Mod Vote Campaign" until there's enough people to be added as a Moderator.
Me myself would be a horrible Mod as I spend most of my time on Everybody Edits building worlds that are horrendous in Gameplay wise and Decoration wise. But in my opinion, Dream was a great person to add as a Moderator. People I would love to see as a Mod are; Prodigy, Musicman, 0176, Lictor and Stagecrew. I know, I know, that's extremely Biased. But I think those people I listed would be nice at being a Moderator.

#50 2017-03-08 19:29:13

SmittyW

Nou wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'd like most for you to answer what sets you aside from the rest of the team that have been productive whilst you've done nothing at all besides collect a pay cheque?

While it may seem like little work, coordinating everything actually takes a huge amount of time and energy. Especially in the beginning when I first joined as a mod the team was pure chaos, everything being a mash of spam in a single Skype group. I started to apply structure and order which was surprisingly hard to done as it was clear none of them had ever worked in proper project groups. When it was finally OK-ish I cancelled my summer holidays to work on EE, and so I did,  micro-managing 12 hours or more almost every day, the entire holidays. All this hard work has finally paid off and management now takes much less time and energy, but it still does.

You took an entire summer to organize a Skype group? Not exactly something to be proud of...
All it takes is a group chat, a repository, and scheduled meetings. I don't think the micro-managing 12 (That's right, TWELVE) hours a day is necessary.

Doodle1489810536651380

Board footer