Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-02 04:17:54

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

[Release] NETCHK - A simple solution to handle checking .NET for you!

- DOWNLOAD -

Hello! I have created a small application to include in your projects that automatically check for .NET versions!
It's a batch file that handles Windows OS checking, as well as .NET Framework checking, to handle .NET errors for you!

It comes in two versions:
1) The normal version ( With comments, multiple newlines, spacing, clean code, e.t.c )
2) The compressed version ( No comments, everything compressed by scooping repeats into variables, saving space whenever possible, e.t.c )

Both versions work exactly the same, and the compressed version is more likely for average use due to it saving space to make the download quicker ( not that a few KiB matter //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue )

HNr57at.png
The compressed version, on the left, versus the uncompressed version, on the right

NETCHK is simple and easy to use. Open it with notepad, and then set the desired .NET Framework version, and then close it, and you're done!
Let the user run NETCHK, and NETCHK will tell the user information relating to .NET and their machine:

reS5mVS.png
A picture of NETCHK in some of it's possible states

NETCHK is on Github

- DOWNLOAD -

Wooted by:

#2 2017-02-02 16:03:22

XxAtillaxX

Re: [Release] NETCHK - A simple solution to handle checking .NET for you!

The only thing people need to install is the latest .NET runtime. If they're unable to, then they should upgrade their OS.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 2017-02-02 16:19:06

XxAtillaxX

You're crying about deprecated software. It isn't the issue of the developer that the user lacks compatibility.

Windows XP is deprecated, no longer supported by its vendor, and no longer supported by developers.
Microsoft DOS is deprecated, no longer supported by its vendor, and no longer supported by developers.

Windows 8 and above do not include .NET 2.0 and below by default because it's a deprecated run-time.
Guess what? None of your .NET software runs on .NET 1.0. Oh, no!

signature.png
*u stinky*

#4 2017-02-02 17:05:03

XxAtillaxX

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

You're crying about deprecated software.

Huh? I'm simply making a tool for bot developers to include so that their user's can get information if they can run the bot or not, and why.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Easier said then done.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

If I'm correct, you're trying to make the argument that I'm supporting deprecated .NET Frameworks and OSes. I'm not trying to in this scenario!

I never said that you were. My reply had nothing to do with you, it was a comment stating that those who would need this are people who don't have the latest .NET run-time, typically those who run deprecated operating systems, therefore they should update.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 2017-02-02 17:14:22

XxAtillaxX

Why do you think developers should take responsibility for users using outdated operating systems?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 2017-02-02 17:41:11, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-02-02 17:43:53)

XxAtillaxX

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Why do you think developers should take responsibility for users using outdated operating systems?

It's their users, treat them well.

Why aren't your bots compatible with Microsoft DOS, then?

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

you have to have blank OS and blank .NET Framework" would possibly make the user confused and not know how to check it, while NETCHK does it for the user, and tells them about the problem.

No, it wouldn't. The information they need is a google search away, and they'd get no less valuable information from a quick search than visiting your forum topic.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#7 2017-02-02 17:58:56

XxAtillaxX

Why should they include this when they can simply state that it's using the .NET framework and include the same information from google that the topic you provide them with contains?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#8 2017-02-02 18:10:23, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-02-02 18:10:54)

XxAtillaxX

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

That's like saying "Armour Games is hardly used by anyone to login to EE, so I wouldnt worry about having support for it".

Nobody needs to support ArmorGames any longer, because it's deprecated as well. You can merge accounts.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 2017-02-02 19:53:57

XxAtillaxX

You failed to explain how your information you present would be any different and of any more help than the same information in a .txt

signature.png
*u stinky*

den31071486078165646303

Board footer